Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

View Poll Results: Would you like to see PrototypeZ's take on the Teen Titans?
Yes 10 62.50%
No 2 12.50%
Indifferent 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2014, 02:26 AM   #1
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Teen Titans?

Hey guys! YoungWolf here at the request of the man himself.

As the title of this thread suggests, I'm posting this with the intent of gauging interest in a potential line of Titans in addition to PrototpeZ's ongoing DC projects. To be clear, this is not in reference to the 2006 animated series, although that would be pretty sweet too..

The first part is a simple "yes" or "no" question. Would you be interested in seeing 1/5th or 1/6th representations of any selection/incarnation of the Teen Titans? The second part is where I encourage you to elaborate on your answer. If "yes," which iteration of the team is your favorite and why? Do you have specific character choices? What kind of artistic influence are you expecting should this happen?

Without further adieu, let's get into the specifics.

I credit the Teen Titans animated series for truly introducing me to the world of comic books. It started airing in my early teens (I am now 20, for reference), when I was extremely susceptible to the shows I watched. -- Prior to, my main exposure to comic-related media had been limited mostly to Spider-Man and Batman. -- The series kind of solidified my love for superheroes and led me to search out the source material in hopes of fully understanding and appreciating these characters I had become so fond of. Enter, The New Teen Titans/Tales of the Teen Titans.

Marv Wolfman and George Perez's excellent re-imagining of the initial junior-Justice League take on the team. It's their stories that I hold particularly close to heart, and each one I've read continues to resonate with me today.

That said, most of the core team members from this era remained active Titans and supporting cast well beyond the 80s, so I'm of the belief that any representation of them Pre-Flashpoint is fair game when it comes to a cohesive set of statues. With a Scott McDaniel/Jim Lee inspired Nightwing mid-release and Cyborg on the horizon for the 1/6th line, the ground work has kind of been set.

In short, I'd like to see the following:

-Starfire
-Donna Troy
-Raven
-Beast Boy
-Wally West

..and possibly.

-Deathstroke
-Trigon
-Terra/Tara Markov
-Brother Blood
-First-appearance Nightwing

Image/costume references (my preference):

Starfire

Donna Troy

Raven

Beast Boy

Wally West

Deathstroke the Terminator/Tara Markov

Trigon the Terrible/Brother Blood

Nightwing 1st Appearance

As you can see, I'm not much of a stickler. The way I see it, if a piece looks aesthetically pleasing and is of subject matter I have some sort of attachment to, I'm all for it. The above images are simply a jumping off point. In this instance, creative license would be both expected and appreciated.

With that, I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the matter! Feel free to contribute in any capacity, whether it be with a vote, a detailed post or both.

*Will update later with more images.*

**Additonal images for Starfire, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Terra, Trigon and Brother Blood have been added.**
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Man, I would love to have a TT display.

Defo on Deathstroke.

Personally I would love to see starfire done well. She has been beautifully rendered in 2D before but not to my recollection in 3D. Not that I want a sculpt of a particular artist made, but I do really like Mike Turner's rendition in paricular..

These characters are a very dynamic set and you could individually do some very cool things with them (I've got a few ideas off the top of my head) but what would be even more awesome is if they could be displayed as a group in a similar fashion to the 1st cover, you know with a bit of action. Would be unique that's for sure.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:41 AM   #3
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Man, I would love to have a TT display.

Defo on Deathstroke.

Personally I would love to see starfire done well. She has been beautifully rendered in 2D before but not to my recollection in 3D. Not that I want a sculpt of a particular artist made, but I do really like Mike Turner's rendition in paricular..

These characters are a very dynamic set and you could individually do some very cool things with them (I've got a few ideas off the top of my head) but what would be even more awesome is if they could be displayed as a group in a similar fashion to the 1st cover, you know with a bit of action. Would be unique that's for sure.
Ahh, glad to see I'm not completely alone here!

I have the Adam Hughes Cover Girls piece as well as Terry Dodson's bust, both of which do the character justice, imo. To be honest though, I could never get enough Starfire. With Erick's affinity for clear resin, I'd be willing to bet that he could come up with something killer for her. I, too, like Turner's rendition of the character. I guess the only reason I didn't include any of his work in the references images is because his art style is considerably different from that of other artists. He has a very distinct anime/animation like quality to his work that I feel would clash with Erick's more anatomical interpretations of characters.

Couldn't agree with you more about the vast possibilities these characters provide both individually and as a team.

Sadly, if general lack of response is any indication, we may be out of luck.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Count me in as well!!!
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:16 AM   #5
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Ahh, glad to see I'm not completely alone here!

I have the Adam Hughes Cover Girls piece as well as Terry Dodson's bust, both of which do the character justice, imo. To be honest though, I could never get enough Starfire. With Erick's affinity for clear resin, I'd be willing to bet that he could come up with something killer for her. I, too, like Turner's rendition of the character. I guess the only reason I didn't include any of his work in the references images is because his art style is considerably different from that of other artists. He has a very distinct anime/animation like quality to his work that I feel would clash with Erick's more anatomical interpretations of characters.

Couldn't agree with you more about the vast possibilities these characters provide both individually and as a team.

Sadly, if general lack of response is any indication, we may be out of luck.
Yeah, I'm surprised more people aren't interested. I mean Starfire will look super hot and very cool (she could be flying with her hair trailing back down to the floor to hold her up), Beast boy could be mid-chage (that could look very cool if done right), cyborg is...well a cyborg and they always look cool, raven would again look hot but you could make her look quite dramatic...I won't go on. That 1st cover image could be brought into the 21st century in style with a super detailed, dynamic set of lock together statues imho. Maybe we should put together some concept art ideas hmmm
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:21 AM   #6
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I think it would be nice for everyone to get what the want out of this dc line, so why not. I hope they get made as well.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote