Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-26-2019, 02:02 AM   #151
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

My cards been charged, they tried on the 24th but my card issuer declined the charge, not surprising really as someone outside the country trying to take the best part of £2k at 1am looks a bit suspect!
Hopefully get a shipping notice soon
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:18 AM   #152
FROBAY
Phoenix

None on EBay. I’m very curious what these might fetch. No, mines not for sale .looking into getting a Moducase for mine.

Last edited by FROBAY; 04-26-2019 at 09:21 AM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #153
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Got my shipping notice
Old 05-01-2019, 05:31 AM   #154
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

It's arrived!
Hopefully have time when I'm home from work to unpack and set it up, it looks like it will take a while judging by the weta video.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:34 AM   #155
goto
Mephisto

It is online
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #156
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Ok I’ve finally got a chance to unpack and set it up (which by the way takes an age with all the small branches). Wasn’t sure what display it on but in the end as in the unpacking video the box makes a perfect display pedestal and looks like something you’ve had custom made.
I’ll cut to the chase, weta have absolutely smashed this one out the park it’s a truly Jaw dropping piece! I’m not sure where to start in describing it the detail is insane the fact they even produced this is a marvel.
Paint quality is proto level without doubt, the layers of detail on tree beard himself is amazing but what perhaps surprised me the most was the hobbits which were the one part of the statue I criticised the most before release. But in person the paint detail is stunning and the likeness’s which I thought were weak in the pics are actually very very good when they’re in front of you. I’m not sure if they used translucent resin for the skin but the paint is that good it’s hard to tell if it’s that or normal resin!
Only slight criticism is perhaps some of the seam lines are a little visible but there’s that much detail going on you don’t even notice unless you’re looking for them.
The presence of the thing is massive, easily on par with my 1:4 queen alien which itself is huge. I honestly can’t see many of these coming on to the secondary market firstly because it’s just so good and secondly it’d be an absolute nightmare to pack away I definitely feel very lucky to have scored one especially at the discounted price which made it an absolute bargain imo.
I’ll try and put a few pics up but (and I know it’s a cliche) this probably more than any piece I own pics really do not do it justice it’s just one of those statues you have to see in person.
Well done weta
Old 05-01-2019, 07:07 PM   #157
FROBAY
Phoenix

Congrats.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:17 PM   #158
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Here’s a few pics I took, sorry for the low quality but it’s getting late here and I only had time to take a few quick ones. I’ll upload some better ones when I get a chance.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:25 PM   #159
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Very nice. I like TB's eyes. Hopefully we'll get a Witch King on Felbeast from this line.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:57 PM   #160
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Just saw this thread today. Wow, what a freaking statue. Absolutely beautiful piece. Stunning.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote