Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Statueforums Official UFC thread ! ( contains spoilers)

Hi! Since I have been following the UFC almost 20 years I was hoping some of you members also follow MMA and we can have some great discussions.

Even if I miss a lot if the old UFC characters that really gave the UFC its glory days. I still dont miss any UFC Main event.

People like: Randy, Fedor, Chuck, Roy, Rampage, Tito, The Shamrock brothers. Man I miss those days.

Lets start with a footage of Jon Jones when he thought the cameras were off... This one is really starting to get uggly. UFC 178 Jones VS Cormier 27 Sept.

Behind The Scenes Footage Captures Unbelievably Great Trash Talking
http://view.break.com/2746180
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Just saw UFC Fight Night Lawler vs Brown! Man what a Fight! Also strong vicious performance by Anthony Johnsson aganst Little Nog.

I was expecting more from Guida on his fight.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #3
AsOneDead
You got red on you

I was really disappointed when I heard Gustafsson blew his knee out and the rematch was cancelled, but now I think I'm even more eager to see Cormier vs Jones. Didn't really know much about Cormier aka Black Fedor, but I've looked more into him recently and he's definately a beast, and seeing how skillful both men are and how much they hate each other it should make for a great fight.

One of the great recent fights was Barao vs Dillashaw. Outstanding performance from Dillashaw who completely shut down Barao.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
I was really disappointed when I heard Gustafsson blew his knee out and the rematch was cancelled, but now I think I'm even more eager to see Cormier vs Jones. Didn't really know much about Cormier aka Black Fedor, but I've looked more into him recently and he's definately a beast, and seeing how skillful both men are and how much they hate each other it should make for a great fight.

One of the great recent fights was Barao vs Dillashaw. Outstanding performance from Dillashaw who completely shut down Barao.
I've been so looking forward to the Jones vs. Gus rematch, so I was also very disappointed to hear it was not happening. I think Cormier will provide some excitement though, he's been wanting this fight for a while now and being he's undefeated as is Jones (technically) there should definitely be fireworks if they both go at it and don't hold back. Can't wait!

Dillashaw vs. Barao was fantastic, I haven't been much of a Dillashaw fan but I am now. He really took him apart, Barao did not see it coming. I am not a fan of immediate rematches, especially when the victory is one sided like in this fight. They should have let Barao climb back up the ranks and earn the rematch.

Good idea on starting the thread Pulento.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
AsOneDead
You got red on you

I've never actually heard of Dillashaw or Barao before that fight, so seeing Barao fight for the first time confused me as how he could've been so dominant for so long when Dillashaw just outclassed him in every sense.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Dillashaw was awesome!!!! just watch Benson vs khabilov Fight night 7th of June... great one two combination from Benson ending up in that choke!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #7
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I've been so looking forward to the Jones vs. Gus rematch, so I was also very disappointed to hear it was not happening. I think Cormier will provide some excitement though, he's been wanting this fight for a while now and being he's undefeated as is Jones (technically) there should definitely be fireworks if they both go at it and don't hold back. Can't wait!

Dillashaw vs. Barao was fantastic, I haven't been much of a Dillashaw fan but I am now. He really took him apart, Barao did not see it coming. I am not a fan of immediate rematches, especially when the victory is one sided like in this fight. They should have let Barao climb back up the ranks and earn the rematch.

Good idea on starting the thread Pulento.

Thanks Bro!!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
I've never actually heard of Dillashaw or Barao before that fight, so seeing Barao fight for the first time confused me as how he could've been so dominant for so long when Dillashaw just outclassed him in every sense.
Dillashaw I knew from the Ultimate Fighter a few seasons ago. He was supposed to be the favorite to win but didn't and seemed like he was just overhyped, although after this last performance he proved the hype was true.

Barao came in a while back as a replacement for Dominick Cruz, and he fought Uriah Faber for the belt. He was very dominant in his fights save for the one with Dillashaw. I'm not sure if he didn't take him seriously enough or if he was hurt, or if Dillashaw was just that good, but you can't really rate him on his performance in that fight.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Dillashaw was awesome!!!! just watch Benson vs khabilov Fight night 7th of June... great one two combination from Benson ending up in that choke!!!
That was a great fight! Bendo showed he still has it!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #10
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Jones vs Cormier pushed back to January 3, 2015 due to leg injury by Jones All that hype for nothing.