Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #1031
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Maryland so it's not particularly warm here yet but it is heating up. That explanation makes sense but stuff has always shipped after chinese new year in droves, I don't remember moisture being a real problem except in some very rare cases like the batman bust in the past. All of a sudden tons of pieces have them? Something must have changed :<
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Desiccant packets are used for just this purpose. Have they been missing in these affected shipments?
Yeah but a lot of those came at an unusual cold snap.
Then there's the weather in China too which we aren't as aware. Most factories have to be much above 40° to get good work and then plop a bunch of containers in the teens or below and there's a mess. Could also be protocols weren't followed of where on the ship things were to be stacked. Those ships are HUGE and carry gobs of different crap at a time.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:29 AM   #1032
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Desiccant packets are used for just this purpose. Have they been missing in these affected shipments?
Nah there's def packets in there. Least this Zangief and my Chun Li's (which weren't wet). No idea on berserker as I haven't received mine :< Shipment was recalled.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:35 AM   #1033
PiresRSA
Doh!

Can anyone confirm what the final numbers were for production? I managed to purchase the regular but haven’t received it yet and I see SS have the Siberian on 275 with a waitlist open which is odd to me whilst the V and Mech both have a 125 qty are available right now. My concern is the regular collector and what the actual qty was.

Also how can all these EX versions still be available with a PO phase that took 24 hours to sell out?

Very excited to receive mine as I’m very new to collecting and this looks amazing. From sunny South Africa.
PiresRSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:24 AM   #1034
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiresRSA View Post
Can anyone confirm what the final numbers were for production? I managed to purchase the regular but haven’t received it yet and I see SS have the Siberian on 275 with a waitlist open which is odd to me whilst the V and Mech both have a 125 qty are available right now. My concern is the regular collector and what the actual qty was.

Also how can all these EX versions still be available with a PO phase that took 24 hours to sell out?

Very excited to receive mine as I’m very new to collecting and this looks amazing. From sunny South Africa.
A lot of people cancelled due to issues that came up with PCS. It started with the company blowing up a lot more than it should because it had a huge hype train. And when that hype train was over a lot of people cancelled and moved onto the next thing and wanted to refund/cancel. They didn't (and likely still don't) have the money to do those refunds which understandably made a lot of people very angry.

That said Zangief is one of their best statues and is an absolute beast. It love my Zangief and even got a Mecha even though I almost never go for variants in either of the 1/4th line. Definitely a great choice on him.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:42 AM   #1035
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiresRSA View Post

Who knows with PCS. It was one of the last pieces I ordered and was delivered. I received all versions but there are SOOO many AP's floating around it has majorly skewed the final edition size...

Agree with others it is a great piece btw.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:30 AM   #1036
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I have the reg mine is number 112 of 400.

Here are my pics - http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=983 and http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=984

Video review was posted here - http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=998

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #1037
PiresRSA
Doh!

Great thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it and love the passion I see in this forum.
PiresRSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:38 AM   #1038
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Anybody know if this fits inside a Detolf?
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 03:32 AM   #1039
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Anybody know if this fits inside a Detolf?
Not at all.

Additionally, Gief is really heavy and I wouldn't even test it on a Detolf's thin shelves.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:13 AM   #1040
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchumby View Post
Not at all.

Additionally, Gief is really heavy and I wouldn't even test it on a Detolf's thin shelves.
Pooh. Ok, thank you.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote