Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #1331
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

The Corner - 10/10.

By many of the creators and actors who gave us The Wire in 2002. True stories dramatized in this 6 episode HBO mini-series from 1999/2000 about the drug scourge on Baltimore's inner city streets. A bit preachy, not as well produced, and a bit but raw, this is an incredibly powerful and bleak piece of work that, ultimately, broke ground for The Wire, arguably the best show ever delivered by television, to be created.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:36 AM   #1332
Vracula
Jedi Order

Fargo - All seasons 9/10

Bizarre and Intriguing. Nothing like it.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead u sexy fox u!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #1333
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Disjointed 7/10 Kathy Bates as a pot store owner
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #1334
Luminous
Cyclops

Defenders - 6.5/10

Very disappointed with the effort here. Show started out strong with good interactions with the main crew but weak plot slowly began to reveal itself as it progressed. Obvious staged fight choreography, forced long winded dialogue between side characters, cheesy generic musical score, and a disappointing antagonist group really hurt this show in my opinion. Definitely one of the weakest, if not the weakest, entries in the Marvel Netflix catalog.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #1335
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Defenders - 6.5/10

Very disappointed with the effort here. Show started out strong with good interactions with the main crew but weak plot slowly began to reveal itself as it progressed. Obvious staged fight choreography, forced long winded dialogue between side characters, cheesy generic musical score, and a disappointing antagonist group really hurt this show in my opinion. Definitely one of the weakest, if not the weakest, entries in the Marvel Netflix catalog.
Well that's a bummer. I've yet to start the series but have been looking forward to it. I've liked all of the solo series leading up to this to varying degrees but admit I was concerned with the overuse of The Hand as the antagonists. Sounds like my concern may have been justified.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #1336
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well that's a bummer. I've yet to start the series but have been looking forward to it. I've liked all of the solo series leading up to this to varying degrees but admit I was concerned with the overuse of The Hand as the antagonists. Sounds like my concern may have been justified.
Maybe my expectations for The Hand were too high, I dunno. But I found them and their agenda to be weak in general. One in particular was built up to be an impressive warrior and he turned out to be anything but. Despite my overall criticism of the show, seeing the main crew interact with one another was certainly enjoyable and well worth it.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #1337
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Fargo - All seasons 9/10

Bizarre and Intriguing. Nothing like it.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead u sexy fox u!
Her storyline was fascinating. Love how they wrapped it up because I didn't see it going that way.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #1338
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The Defenders, 6/10. I'll echo what Luminous said. By the last couple episodes it felt like a chore to watch and I was only finishing it because I was so invested in it.

It's not horrible, but it's nowhere near as good as Daredevil season 1 or 2. It's a little above average.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:57 AM   #1339
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Narcos 3. 9/10 as good as the other 2 series
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #1340
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
The Defenders, 6/10. I'll echo what Luminous said. By the last couple episodes it felt like a chore to watch and I was only finishing it because I was so invested in it.

It's not horrible, but it's nowhere near as good as Daredevil season 1 or 2. It's a little above average.
I understand that we all compare these shows to each other because they are linked but I've stopped comparing the others to DD 1-2, those first two seasons, to me at least, are the best live action comic tv series ever not to mention just good tv in general. Take out the Daredevil stuff and just make it about vigilante justice and it still works incredibly well.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote