Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-13-2019, 07:59 PM   #21
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Is this going to be PVC? I don't think any of Tweeterhead's previous pieces have had that kind of super fine / subtle texture detail in them and I think at 1/6 scale that would be really hard to pull off with another material.
It wasn’t stated but I doubt it.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #22
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Is this going to be PVC? I don't think any of Tweeterhead's previous pieces have had that kind of super fine / subtle texture detail in them and I think at 1/6 scale that would be really hard to pull off with another material.
I'm wondering the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the DK batman is at least partly pvc.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:58 PM   #23
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the DK batman is at least partly pvc.
I think the surprisingly smaller price tag on the DK piece points that way as well, although the product page says it's 10 pounds. I don't really care either way - I'm not a polystone or bust purist like some on this forum - mostly just curious. I'd actually prefer they went the PVC route if it meant more affordability and extra detail.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:05 PM   #24
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

^I think you might be right.

Quote:
I think the surprisingly smaller price tag on the DK piece points that way as well, although the product page says it's 10 pounds. I don't really care either way - I'm not a polystone or bust purist like some on this forum - mostly just curious. I'd actually prefer they went the PVC route if it meant more affordability and extra detail.
If it's 10 pounds then it's probably not all PVC. Yeah, not a big deal to me...I'd rather it not be PVC, but it's not a deal breaker.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:32 PM   #25
Mister H
Gen 13

Back to the Gaslight Batman piece, I noticed that the ears on his cowl seem shorter than the Mignola comic version. Personally I don’t have a problem with that, maybe we’ll see an alternate head like on the 1/10 Koto version, which would be nice but not mandatory. Hopefully we’ll see some dirt and filth on this cape as well, the Victorian Age was pretty nasty.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote