Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
XSE
Nightwing

Batman Eternal (SPOILERS!!)

Is anyone still reading this? It's had moments of greatness but overall has really dragged. Only a few issues left and I feel like all we are doing now is taking an issue by issue tour of who isn't behind Gotham and Batman's downfall. I think that it has already been revealed though several issues ago by none other than Stephanie Brown, Spoiler herself! She tells Bluebird that the mysterious shadowy figure giving Cluemaster and his goon squad their orders was Bruce Wayne, which we know it's not the New 52 Bruce but she could still be right if it's Owl Man from Earth 3 who is still hanging around. I don't believe we ever saw him unmasked, so maybe he looks like Bruce Wayne. Any thoughts?
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I bailed on this book a long time ago. I still read the core Batman book, however.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I bailed too before it hit issue 10. Just too many people working on this book that the story never came together for as one cohesive idea. It started strong (first 2 issues) and quickly fell off after that IMO
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I bailed too before it hit issue 10. Just too many people working on this book that the story never came together for as one cohesive idea. It started strong (first 2 issues) and quickly fell off after that IMO
Agree, I think I bailed after the 3rd issue.

Last edited by wktf; 02-24-2015 at 12:37 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSE View Post
Is anyone still reading this? It's had moments of greatness but overall has really dragged. Only a few issues left and I feel like all we are doing now is taking an issue by issue tour of who isn't behind Gotham and Batman's downfall. I think that it has already been revealed though several issues ago by none other than Stephanie Brown, Spoiler herself! She tells Bluebird that the mysterious shadowy figure giving Cluemaster and his goon squad their orders was Bruce Wayne, which we know it's not the New 52 Bruce but she could still be right if it's Owl Man from Earth 3 who is still hanging around. I don't believe we ever saw him unmasked, so maybe he looks like Bruce Wayne. Any thoughts?
Pretty sure you may be right...thought I seen a solicit recently that showed Lex and Owlman collaborating in the JL book.
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Not reading this book, but I feel the same way about EARTH 2: WORLD'S END......has just gone on WAY too long!!!!
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #7
rgsniper1
Doh!

I still read it. Has some good issues still.
rgsniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote