Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #251
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Thanks Gothamite.

I've been gone all day. There is even more pictures on page 3!
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:35 AM   #252
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
TH appears to be the 1st company to give us the original 7 JL members, plus the Titans. It's cool that we have 2 companies to pick and choose from.
I don't think TH has shown Flash or Aquaman yet... so they're not the first
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:19 AM   #253
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Found a great costume for Mr. Freeze. It's 1979 Batman #308 and he wore it until at least 1984. The ones before and after that are much worse...until you get to the animated Batman. But I don't see the BTAS costume "fitting in."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batman_308.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	728.9 KB
ID:	119825  
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:59 AM   #254
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
I thought I had heard rumblings about that as well, but Balent-era Catwoman comes well after 1990.

Though for the record, the Balent-era Catwoman is easily - easily - my favorite Catwoman costume. The current one being solicited by tweeterhead is beautiful, but doesn't say Catwoman to me personally, that's not my era. And the black leather suit she's had for the last decade is just boring and lazy IMO.
It wasn't that far after 1990, Balent starting in 1993. And I could have sworn Chad said in one of the videos recently, that he wanted to make one. So, here's to hoping!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #255
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
It wasn't that far after 1990, Balent starting in 1993. And I could have sworn Chad said in one of the videos recently, that he wanted to make one. So, here's to hoping!
I think I would actually legitimately crap my pants if they did a Balent Catwoman. The only statue I've ever been able to find of her that I really loved was a small Iron Studios piece. It's a beauty, but it's a 1/10 so it's a tiny little thing. For a couple of reasons the sideshow 1/4 didn't float my boat, but on the whole that costume is a fairly forgotten and underappreciated one IMO. I'm not even super familiar with the costume for their first version of Catwoman, with the green and purple, though it is beautiful and I may get it just because I'm in my forties but this costume predates my comic book lineage by just a couple of years. The Balent is the one that's permanently etched in my (no longer teenage) brain
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #256
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
Thanks Gothamite.

I've been gone all day. There is even more pictures on page 3!

I really like the paint job on that custom. I much prefer it over what's usually seen in the comics, where there are stars all over the entire outfit.

Quote:
I think I would actually legitimately crap my pants if they did a Balent Catwoman. The only statue I've ever been able to find of her that I really loved was a small Iron Studios piece. It's a beauty, but it's a 1/10 so it's a tiny little thing. For a couple of reasons the sideshow 1/4 didn't float my boat, but on the whole that costume is a fairly forgotten and underappreciated one IMO. I'm not even super familiar with the costume for their first version of Catwoman, with the green and purple, though it is beautiful and I may get it just because I'm in my forties but this costume predates my comic book lineage by just a couple of years. The Balent is the one that's permanently etched in my (no longer teenage) brain
Just get this.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #257
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

That's actually pretty cute lol
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:42 AM   #258
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

I really like the paint job on that custom. I much prefer it over what's usually seen in the comics, where there are stars all over the entire outfit.

Just get this.

I would get that if it wasn't an exclusive that goes for like $40-$50
Old 01-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #259
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
I have that same Iron Studios piece! And I agree, I love it! The Sideshow one didn't do anything for me either. It was the awful face, in my opinion.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #260
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
That's the definitive Catwoman for me as well. Purple suit, long black hair, no goggles or chest popping out.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote