Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2019, 12:22 AM   #1301
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Shipping costs are crazy, but this is something I’m really looking forward to, so I’ll try not to get hung up on it. If it’s not as massive and magnificent as expected, I will be very disappointed. I’ve had some hits and misses with PCS, please let this one be a hit
This has THE best chance any PCS piece ever has or will.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #1302
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm a little surprised some of you guys are convinced this will hang around and be readily available later on, possibly for less, with an ES of 150. Especially if it ends up close to the proto. Sure it's expensive but almost everything in this hobby is now and in comparison to some, other than the shipping (and import duties for some of us), it isn't that bad of a deal.

Your opinion certainly makes my want for this wobble a little. I'm probably looking at $2,000 US+ all in now and if this is likely to end up being found cheaper elsewhere I'd be a little peeved not gonna lie. Whilst I purchase statues for the collecting aspect and have done for the past 13 years I don't like the idea of waiting around to pre order,paying insane shipping and fees and then almost instantly having the piece worth less than I paid regardless of the quality. That almost sounds like buying a new car and driving it off the lot.

I suppose there is no true way of knowing what will happen. The days of statues making huge amounts in the aftermarket does certainly seem to be passing but loosing out upon purchase is madness and would be the thing to finally push me out of the game. To think I had a predator cinemaquette on order for £1,000 and canceled thinking it cost too much. This hobby and the cost changed very fast overnight and I don't think the quality, although generally improved, warrants it.
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #1303
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I never cancelled a PCS order before, but I'm really torn here..shipping and customs will be a huge expense, on the top of an already expensive statue..
What to do?
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #1304
qz33
Doctor Doom

For me it's all about the finished product.

The thing that sold me on this Goro is how real it looked. P1, XM make some great expensive statues but I've never seen anything look like it could start walking and talking like this.
This one will never be valued on character appeal, part of a great line, or any other aspects solely on finished product.

If it comes through like the order example it will be true collector's statue. So there's the hope

Ant went on and on about this statue. It sold out pretty fast for PCS prices and customers. The silence though is deafening. PCS still pumping what's the next 1/3 movie statue when we have this coming right now. The wait till you see it in your house gets old. All the pictures have been far away or cropped so as not to show the most intricate portions. I don't care how much this costs if I'm not elated or feel gypped it's going back head first.
Waitlist or no I'm calling PCS's bluff and I'm not paying until I see what to expect.

If I were outside the states I would definitely wait for initial pictures and reactions.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #1305
qz33
Doctor Doom

This!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx19NXzCMU8&t=94s
Old 01-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #1306
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
That's the proto in 2017...I thought the link would have been a review or at least an unboxing
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #1307
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
That's the proto in 2017...I thought the link would have been a review or at least an unboxing
Apologies. Just showing my expectations.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #1308
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If I were outside the states I would definitely wait for initial pictures and reactions.
Sideshow stated to me that they'll be taking the shipping costs around the 21st of this month. If I see no in hand photos before that point I'm going to have a much harder time letting them take my money.
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #1309
Biggunz
Loki

If it's sold out gonna be at least half canceled or more. With pcs crapping on their customers lately and the long wait no way customers are paying the shipping before full reviews are out.

I don't know why there isn't any kind of unboxing out yet.

It's over two years right?

I don't want to see some stupid guy sitting in the box.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #1310
Atheris
The Maxx

I can understand really wanting this piece and wanting it to be good. Believe me I'm right there with you guys. A very small part of me thinks this will come out looking pretty close to proto, but not enough, paint app wise. At $2600 Canadian, you better believe it has to hit proto standard. With many other companies on the market sitting at that price point and literally delivering proto quality, PCS had better keep up or risk being squashed by competition. Now, PCS for the most part has delivered consistent quality, for me anyways, but I do recognize and acknowledge the fact it's never been P1, ECC, XM, Blitzway quality. They were great for the price point they sold for. With pieces like Goro however they're pushing up on companies that don't play around with standards like "ahh close enough" or "we gave the factory go ahead based on the proto they sent us, not our fault the actual production pieces got shipped to customers looking less than impressive". That crap doesn't fly anymore, not when you have companies I mentioned above, literally pullling out every stop to make sure every statue delivered looks spot on proto. Look at what P1 just did with their Kong piece, they literally recalled every statue to be repainted and fixed to meet their standard. No way in hell companies like Sideshow, Chronicle or PCS would do something like that.

So while I believe PCS aimed to do well with Goro, I don't think it received anymore special treatment than past pieces. That's where my doubts on the finished product come in. Another thing that worries me with Goro is the base. Past pieces I've received from PCS have the bases made super thin, like hollow drums. Yet the statue is solid polystone, like the 1:3 Ninjas or 1:3 Darkness. I don't feel confident those bases over time wont sag or buckle. If Goros base feels light as a feather out of the box, that alone would be enough for me to send it back. That will be a future QC issue waiting to happen I'm sure of it. Hypothetically, if something like that did happen, word spreads quick and there goes whatever value you had left in that statue, not including the hit you're going to take if you're an international buyer. All this factors in for me when buying from PCS, which is why I decided to cancel.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just got that gut feeling.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote