Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #11
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
Cant you make the shelves adjustable?

I plan on making something big. It's going to take up a whole wall. If it won't make the project more expensive I'll look into it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:33 PM   #12
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
The thing I'm most concerned about is the depth. All my stuff is in storage so it's going to be too much trouble to get measurements. If I have extra space that's ok.
I feel that 24" deep is plenty deep for pretty much most things, its pretty rare that something is deeper than that. that's also quite a bit of square footage that its taking up, id only go larger if you have some enormous pieces imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #13
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I feel that 24" deep is plenty deep for pretty much most things, its pretty rare that something is deeper than that. that's also quite a bit of square footage that its taking up, id only go larger if you have some enormous pieces imo
Yeah 24" deep sounds good.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:47 PM   #14
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Here are some crappy pics of my crappy setup at the moment. As mentioned the shelves are 24" deep, so to give you an idea.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=147005&page=2

Items like the Bio helms and Bust easily take up the depth. Few inches to spare for space, but nothing really to put more pieces in front or behind.
Also as mentioned, but not pictured, the depth is also nice for the Batmobile and Delorean.
...now to wait on that Ecto
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #15
built2shred
Phoenix

The shelves are 24" deep... I also ran the shelves 5' across, I've noticed just a small sag in the middle shelf, it's minor but in hindsight I would of put some sort of support... Keep in mind the picture only shows 5 statues on the middle shelf, when it started to sag a little I had 8 statues on the shelf

On the ones in my TV room I put glass on 2 sides.. my ceilings are 9' high..

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #16
Dark Knight NYC
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
The thing I'm most concerned about is the depth. All my stuff is in storage so it's going to be too much trouble to get measurements. If I have extra space that's ok.
On Sideshows site I use my purchase history to get measurements on my old pieces - and of course get the measurements of those on order

Im doing this for the same reason as you, a future shelving/display project.
Dark Knight NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #17
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight NYC View Post
On Sideshows site I use my purchase history to get measurements on my old pieces - and of course get the measurements of those on order

Im doing this for the same reason as you, a future shelving/display project.
Great idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #18
Y3E
Gen 13

I would make shelf height dependant on the statues you plan on putting on each one.

For example, in my collection, I have my shelves in a u-shape. The bottom of u is the deepest at 24" and the two sides, one is 16" and 11". I based the heights on what statues are will be placing in them. So, my bottom shelf the tallest is Thor so I made it a 30" height (but the height info I received from a site was wrong. I should have made it 33".) For my second shelf, Juggernaut was the tallest at 26" so I put in 28" height. For the 24" deep shelves, put at the back risers so the statues will be higher and easier to see. I didn't do this but plan to do it.

Here are my pics of shelving in the early stages of my set up.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=161050
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #19
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Have different kind of shelves in different rooms... but general rule is trying to keep the width as wide as possible (reduces the look of being cramped), full height is floor to ceiling, depth is 18'-24', height between shelves is 35' for the 1/3 area but is adjustable for 1/4 areas...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #20
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

I set up a custom shelf for my Hot Toys Tumbler and thought the info might help some of you. It could definitely support multiple statues...

The brackets are 20" (they have different lengths) 208 Series Ultimate L-Bracket by Knape and Vogt. They're about $20 for a pair and hold up to 1,200lbs. You'll use wall anchors of course.

For the shelf, I used a piece of black tempered glass, which you can order from multiple places online, or a local glass supplier. I got mine at fabglassandmiorr.com.

I used 6 pieces of Aleene's Instant Tacky Craft Putty to keep the shelf from sliding. There's no need to screw the glass to the brackets. The putty, weight of the glass, and weight of the tumbler keeps everything 100% solidly in place, and it'll be easy to move in the future. I have the same setup for my Batpod/Catwoman.
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote