Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #4901
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Nope, I don't buy for ES. That doesn't make a difference to me.
Agreed and wish more would stand strong. And I wont argue recast vs re-release but really, this piece is not worth it with one head for sure and I was looking at the art print for this statue and thinking, Hey, the big smile for photo day head is not nearly as good as the art print head with a sneering smile, a custom head that caught the smile of contempt would smoke the EX head so just make one of those for the reg and watch it fly! Yeah, all the EX buyers would be mad but really, is it not about money and not about happy buyers?
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #4902
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
You are right, trying to look on the bright side is the epitome of a dick move.

No, telling people how to feel, and how they are being done a favor, when it doesn't effect you, is.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #4903
Y3E
Gen 13

You do realize this is not the first time SS has cancelled people's waitlist order? I have received a few. This may have been the earliest notices have gone out but if the waitlist is very long and they know people don't have a chance in hell in getting a conversion why not send out those notices.

And of course SS wants people to buy the Collector's edition, they want to make money.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #4904
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
No, telling people how to feel, and how they are being done a favor, when it doesn't effect you, is.
Oh, well thanks for letting me know.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #4905
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Maybe it's just me but I'm sick and tired of companies skimping on the customer. Happens all the time in video games (see Nintendo and their have to buy tons of extra crap to have the best experience nonsense).

It just seems that the more a person spends on something...the more they should get. I know that's not how most businesses work (unless you are XM), but just bring out 1 version with as much as you can cram in there for a given price. Apparently, there was no extra cost for the second head...so why not have included it in the collector's version as well.

Stop skimping on the customer! When I pay $1200 I want Thanos to cook, clean, bathe me, and wipe my ass. That's a lot of frikkin money to plunker down. This goes for all companies!
That's why I won't buy the Collector's edition. It's like buying a drawing or painting with part of it missing. Now sometimes it's not a big deal, like a switch out arm with a knife is like the drawing missing a straight-line boarder, doesn't effect the art much. But this head, it's like taking a chunk out of the middle.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #4906
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Oh, well thanks for letting me know.
I still internet love you bro!

I'm mostly arguing the point to argue the point, having had my WL canceled before, only to have a WL come back, or the piece come into stock, and miss it again.

It serves NO purpose to cancel this early. The sales pitch for the Reg though, that's pretty shady. I mean, are they paying someone to monitor the names on the list or something?
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #4907
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
You do realize this is not the first time SS has cancelled people's waitlist order? I have received a few. This may have been the earliest notices have gone out but if the waitlist is very long and they know people don't have a chance in hell in getting a conversion why not send out those notices.

And of course SS wants people to buy the Collector's edition, they want to make money.
I've had waitlists cancelled, never a week after ordering.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #4908
takaboi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
Sheesh.. I've had my fair share of crap to talk about Sideshow but DAMN. It seems like they can never do anything right by you cry baby a$$ collectors. If they leave the ES "TBD" They're wrong. If they set the ES day 1 and it sells out BECAUSE of it - They're wrong. If they make a crappy exclusive that no one cares about - they're wrong. If they would have waited till they started shipping him out to tell you that your WL won't convert, they're wrong.. Get a grip people. Holy smokes. Its depressing to come on the forums lately. I'm all for discussion but YOOOOO. All I see lately is people crying and moaning. 1 page of constructive/positive/USEFUL discussion then RIGHT back to the moaning. lmao - OK. I'm done.

Exactly what I stated earlier. If it was TBD you'll have the other crowd crying too high ES
Where's CBG??
takaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #4909
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
You guys can say it as much as you want but Sideshow did not create a dilemma or shoot themselves in the foot or feet or foots. They have a product that sold out in 10 minutes. And a follow up to that product (regular) that will sell extremely well as well. Sideshow is a company that produces and sells statues. They did that. Exceptionally well. This is not a loss for them.
Yeah the Ex was a huge success and quick sellout. I'm only referring to the fact that many people(including me), feel that the reg version doesn't justify that much money because we prefer the grinning portrait. And who really knows how the reg is selling besides SS? We're just stating our opinions here, no one's right or wrong necessarily. I bring up the Ex being too desirable compared to the reg because Igo(I think) and other SS reps have brought up that point before here as well, saying they don't always want to make the Ex a "must have". That's really my point here.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #4910
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Maybe it's just me but I'm sick and tired of companies skimping on the customer. Happens all the time in video games (see Nintendo and their have to buy tons of extra crap to have the best experience nonsense).

It just seems that the more a person spends on something...the more they should get. I know that's not how most businesses work (unless you are XM), but just bring out 1 version with as much as you can cram in there for a given price. Apparently, there was no extra cost for the second head...so why not have included it in the collector's version as well.

Stop skimping on the customer! When I pay $1200 I want Thanos to cook, clean, bathe me, and wipe my ass. That's a lot of frikkin money to plunker down. This goes for all companies!

Agreed and anyone who buys a reg is a sucker as if nobody bought it the project would be a fail at 750 pieces and they would up that number to 2000. Sadly buyers are weak and addicted so they can get away with it. Like Josh said, even if Reg was 1000 pieces I would not want it, why do I have to pay for a custom head after paying $1200. But for $1000 I and a promise that the head tooling is identical to the EX I am sure there would be superior heads available later. Stay strong and together people, together we stand, divided we get it up the backside.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote