Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #2051
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Just wanted to give an update, Breakouts and Stegos are shipping.

I know a lot of people have been lass than thrilled with the paint job and so are we. We are meeting with Toynami in LA this weekend to discuss what happened with the Rex. We are making great efforts to ensure that the 1-1 Raptor and Owen and Blue are the best we can possibly make and match the paint masters.

One of the things we are doing with the 1-1 Raptor is getting photos of each batch of Raptors and approving each batch from photos, all 300.

Next we will have them QC'd one final time before packing.

I am going to go to great lengths to get the JP product people expect and try to match the paint samples as closely as possible.

I know there have been a lot of people saying they are charging back and canceling their orders, but I wonder how many are actually customers?

To date we have had 24 cancellations and 7 new sales this past week based on photos posted.

I appreciate the support from the fans and the guys here at Statue Forum, good or bad, I will always listen.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #2052
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post

I know a lot of people have been lass than thrilled with the paint job and so are we. We are meeting with Toynami in LA this weekend to discuss what happened with the Rex. We are making great efforts to ensure that the 1-1 Raptor and Owen and Blue are the best we can possibly make and match the paint masters.

One of the things we are doing with the 1-1 Raptor is getting photos of each batch of Raptors and approving each batch from photos, all 300.

I am going to go to great lengths to get the JP product people expect and try to match the paint samples as closely as possible.

I know there have been a lot of people saying they are charging back and canceling their orders, but I wonder how many are actually customers?

To date we have had 24 cancellations and 7 new sales this past week based on photos posted.

I appreciate the support from the fans and the guys here at Statue Forum, good or bad, I will always listen.

Paul
this Paul, is why CC is going to be the leader in the collectible business. when you have to accept something you do it and take action. what you just said made me and I'm sure is going to make a lot of people very exited!! thanks again for everything!!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #2053
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Well I've noticed a problem on the past few pieces and I am addressing it before it continues to be a problem. I am flying to LA on Thursday and sitting down with Toynami to resolve these issues and see what we can do to get consistent product.

I feel we've been slipping a bit lately and that's not a slope I want to be on...... period.

Our real problem is Universal Approved Factories. I would assume this is why no one took on this license and now I know why. Everyone thinks it's just send it overseas and you get back what you sent, that's not the case.

Dealing with universal Approved costs more, sometimes the quality can suffer and the audits are ridiculous.

That being said, we are already taking steps to ensure that all JP and regular run products moving forward are looked at many times before the product goes into the box.

Paul
Old 04-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #2054
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

Quote:

Paul
Thanks for the update, and steps you guys are taking moving forward. Is anything being done about the Breakout Rex, or have the economics of the situation forced you guys to send out something you're not happy with?
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #2055
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Look at the end of the day we have to ship product and honestly 17 people out of 600 US is reasonable. We are QCing every piece and touching them up where needed, so no US piece is being overlooked. I know personally that Alex has tackled at least twenty of the Rex's we've shipped and he's doing minor things to get them right.

I am happy with the product, I'm not thrilled. I think as a whole it's still one of the best JP products ever made.

I could show you at least 50 emails and pms from Fans that think it's the holy grail of JP items. Some people just want to pick things apart and kick you when you are down. I do not edit peoples posts on Facebook or Statue Forum. We have only ever banned 14 people from our facebook page out of 35K. I don't ban or asked for people to be banned from Statue Forum. I asked Mod to look at what Webb had posted and would have just liked the comment removed or and apology. Again we try to be an open book and the FB live posts aren't dead and we aren't hiding. I was in TN last week and I'm in LA this week for meetings.

I do appreciate all of the messages, pm's and emails, it means a lot.

I only look ate Sf on the web, I don't go seeking out what people think about my products. I listen to the customers.

We'll get this back on track. On the upside I think the Robocop 1:2 bust and Compy are looking awesome and will be shipping soon I hope.

Paul

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 04-04-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #2056
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:

Paul
I hope this means we're now eligible to get our NRDs back. I cancelled mine and just received the refund to my account. However, now that it is being acknowledged there is an isssue with the product I hope it's an easy process to request the NRD.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #2057
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Look at the end of the day we have to ship product and honestly 17 people out of 600 US is reasonable. We are QCing every piece and touching them up where needed, so no US piece is being overlooked. I know personally that Alex has tackled at least twenty of the Rex's we've shipped and he's doing minor things to get them right.

I am happy with the product, I'm not thrilled. I think as a whole it's still one of the best JP products ever made.

I could show you at least 50 emails and pms from Fans that think it's the holy grail of JP items. Some people just want to pick things apart and kick you when you are down. I do not edit peoples posts on Facebook or Statue Forum. We have only ever banned 14 people from our facebook page out of 35K. I don't ban or asked for people to be banned from Statue Forum. I asked Mod to look at what Webb had posted and would have just liked the comment removed or and apology. Again we try to be an open book and the FB live posts aren't dead and we aren't hiding. I was in TN last week and I'm in LA this week for meetings.

I only look ate Sf on the web, I don't go seeking out what people think about my products. I listen to the customers.

We'll get this back on track. On the upside I think the Robocop 1:2 bust and Compy are looking awesome and will be shipping soon I hope.

Paul
you guys doing fb live this week? you should be getting the raptor sample soon right?
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #2058
Simon25
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thanks paul!!!
Simon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #2059
avenger1212
Fantastic Four

Quote:

Paul
Thanks Paul for the reply. Since text based communication isn't great at delivering the tone of a question, I want to be clear I didn't ask in the vein of demanding something be done, but to honestly just query on what you guys were doing (if anything) about what Toynami delivered to you so I could get a feel to what extent you might be trying to fix the issues you've identified. It's good to hear you're making an effort to have our backs, and I know this piece turned out to be far more stressful and frustrating than you wanted it to.

Again, many thanks for the update and follow ups. It's great to know you guys are taking charge of the situation to the best of your abilities!
avenger1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #2060
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Fair play Paul, not many companies will accept their production pieces had issues.
Just surprised Toynami were the factory at fault. All I've heard is good things about them, until now.

To be honest hearing that direct customers are getting their pieces 'touched up' is a bit of a kick in the teeth.
Bought my 1:2 BD Arnie direct but went local with this because of huge shipping and import fees.
Knowing mine will probably be worse than at least 600 of these isn't good news.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote