Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-26-2018, 11:06 AM   #751
dao2
Cyclops

What issues did you have? 35% is pretty significant.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #752
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I need your guys thoughts on this...

With all the problems I detailed about my piece, HMO got back to me and offered a 35% refund back from the cost of the statue. I haven't accepted it yet because even with the refund, I still have a damaged piece. But what's kind keeping my back against the wall is that The fees ship any broken pieces back to them and then have them ship any fixed pieces back to me is only going to balloon my cost.

Do I just take the refund as is? Should I ask for more money back? I really don't know how to handle this =/
Are they willing to ship replacement pieces? Are they willing to ship a whole new statue? How large are the pieces?

I don't know what this cost to ship. You would have to send [B]BROKEN[\B] pieces back or just destroy them?

Your posit sounds unusual.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #753
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Whelp, I posted my problems in this thread a few pages ago.

I'm being told that the right arm, the knick on the back of her thong, the powder I found all over the base, and the magnet-less wings are not problems. But I guess everything else is, and this is their compensation offer. HMO gave me no other alternatives for replacement pieces being sent back and forth, and all they have offered is a partial refund.

So, if I take the money I'll still have a piece whose wing doesn't fit in her head, whose bats are all problematic on the base, and whose main figure still has (small) paint issues on her hair and butt. And that's not even considering the art box being all messed up either =/
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #754
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I'm not sure the knick on her thong is actually an issue. If you're referring to what I think you are, then they all have it. Mine included.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #755
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I'm not sure the knick on her thong is actually an issue. If you're referring to what I think you are, then they all have it. Mine included.
There were two issues I saw. One was the knick on her thong that I found out was just part of her design. But I actually had a small paint issue just above it on her right cheek. It's really hard to photograph directly, so at best I just had to take a pic of her from behind and circle the issue in Photoshop.

Again, the problems have been stated here and with HMO, and they're offering me a partial refund. But the refund doesn't fix these problems, and I'm debating on if I should ask for more or if I should ask them for replacements that will cost me even more money to ship out, etc etc.
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:13 AM   #756
radizero
Frackin!

My right arm wont fit at all. Its like almost loose. Trying really hard to make it work but...no luck yet. The magnet is barely holding it in place but the gap is huuuge.
radizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #757
BIGxBOSSx
Doh!

I am looking for this statue if anyone knows somewhere I can purchase. I am in USA. Trying to get a more affordable price than SpecFictions $2100.
Thanks guys!
BIGxBOSSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #758
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

. My contact is charging me $ 550SGD to ship to Canada. What you guys pay for yours?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #759
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
. My contact is charging me $ 550SGD to ship to Canada. What you guys pay for yours?
That's just for one of them, right?

If so, that's correct.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #760
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Yeah that's what I payed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGxBOSSx View Post
I am looking for this statue if anyone knows somewhere I can purchase. I am in USA. Trying to get a more affordable price than SpecFictions $2100.
Thanks guys!
If I were you I'd scour eBay every day for a possible good deal. Also post a "want to buy" thread on the forums.

Another great idea would be to post on the statue b/s/t pages on Facebook. Where there's a will there's a way.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote