Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #201
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I think P1 has some issues with scale. Did you see the Sideshow live where they featured Hush Bats, Ivy and Huntress? He was enormous compared to the ladies.
And put the Arkham Knight Batman's head up against anyone else's. Not sure what happened there. Growing pains, I guess.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:01 PM   #202
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
And put the Arkham Knight Batman's head up against anyone else's. Not sure what happened there. Growing pains, I guess.
That’s why sometimes I prefer to leave the Bruce Wayne head on the body, as imo it helps hide the pinhead affect a bit.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:35 PM   #203
gearhead
The Herculoids

Two words: Stun ning! Everyone has their own opinion of course, but it's my opinion that if you past on this Joker you made a mistake. Forgive my crappy iPhone pics, the lightning isn't very good and makes the white of his face look washed out. Trust me it doesn't look that way in person, it looks just like the proto.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0780.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	120145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0788.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	342.4 KB
ID:	120146   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0785.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	120147   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0781.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	120148   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0783.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	120149  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	120150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0795.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	120151  
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:53 PM   #204
BrandonJF

I got this today... my thoughts are:
  • Now I know why the shipping was so high.
  • Putting these things together scares the crap out of me.... especially when the base is wobbly on this one due to one of the pads being a bit smashed. Please don't tip over.
  • Can't find a flaw on it (beyond the wobbly base), which has been my experience with every P1 statue I have had so far (13).
  • I don't get the gun hand switch outs. The only difference is one has a pinky finger sticking out? I guess I never noticed there were two before. I thought one went with the "BANG" flag, but it seems like either can be used. I must be missing something.
  • Please more companies include instructions on how things go back in the styrofoam. I can't believe it took so long for someone to do that (at least, first time I've seen it).
  • Choosing between the screaming portrait and smiling portrait was the hardest switchout choice I've had to make. I wish P1 included little portrait display stands.
  • The Hush line is in danger. I don't know where I thought I'd put them. This Joker just took up a huge chunk of the space where the Hush line was going to go and I still need to squeeze in AK Catwoman and Joker. It's getting crowded.
  • The portraits have to be in the running for my favorite Joker portrait.... the Arkahm Origins look was one of my favorites. The other contenders are the old DCD 1:2 Joker bust and the Tweeterhead Joker.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #205
gearhead
The Herculoids

Agree on wishing it came with display stands for the other portraits like the AK Catwoman does. That's my only gripe. They're so awesome it would've been great to be able to display them. The foam pads P1 uses are a little squishy. Once they sit for a bit and compress it's stable. I have no concerns for tipping.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:06 PM   #206
gearhead
The Herculoids

One of the guns has the trigger pulled, which I guess is meant to go with the flag. But yeah, the flag will go in either.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:49 PM   #207
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
One of the guns has the trigger pulled, which I guess is meant to go with the flag. But yeah, the flag will go in either.
Thanks - I missed that when comparing the two.

Did anyone have trouble getting the flag to go in? I've seen some pics where it looks like the end goes almost all the way into the gun hole and mine wouldn't come even close in either of them. I wasn't feeling that great about it's chances of not falling....
Old 01-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #208
gearhead
The Herculoids

The flag went all the way in on one of mind but barely on the other, not enough to hold it safely. I intend to use a small drill bit by hand to slightly enlarge the hole so it will fit. Probably just some extra paint in the hole preventing it going in.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:28 AM   #209
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
The flag went all the way in on one of mind but barely on the other, not enough to hold it safely. I intend to use a small drill bit by hand to slightly enlarge the hole so it will fit. Probably just some extra paint in the hole preventing it going in.
I found if you even twist the flag end in the slightest when it's in the hole, it will start breaking that end down and then it fits a little better.... after damaging the end. When I first encountered resistance, I considered just not bothering since if I destroyed anything at all it would drive me crazy. I just couldn't leave it alone.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #210
hordeall
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Is P1 for sure making a Hush Joker or just speculation. I'd hate to buy this and a cool hush version pops up.
hordeall is offline   Reply With Quote