Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 10-12-2014, 09:04 PM   #101
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Are there any good groups to be in on FB or forums or twitter handles worth following - specifically for Anime statues.
http://myfigurecollection.net
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #102
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Ok, back from NYCC. Need information please friends. This is the only anime thread I have started to follow.
Can you hep me on some of this stuff or point me in the right direction:

These are the statues that blew me away:

1. Beserk Guts Statue (huge polystone, at The Smiling Company booth)

2. Attack on Titan Colossus Statue (long arm, also in The Smiling Company booth)

3. TMNT Dio (think it was The Smiling Company - who are these guys?)

4. Raoh on horse (didn't see it at the show but I like it - think it's Tsume)

Can you guys help me understand PO dates, where I need to go to PO, where's a good place to get updated info (twitter, forums, etc.), prices?

Oh, and would love to know what you think of these statues!
Raoh is the first in Tsumes Fist of the North star line. Lots of pics of him further back in the thread.

I find the thing with Anime statues is......there aren't many people doing them, it's one of the big reasons i love Tsume so much because they are one of the only companies doing Anime stuff as proper polystone statues at a decent size and not at ridiculous costs.

Most anime stuff is 1/8 - 1/10 scale PVC on a black circular base.....just doesn't do it for me.

If you do find other polystone statues based on Anime from other companies ( the Berserk stuff is a good example, it's usually pretty hard to get hold of and is usually very expensive.

Just my 2 cents
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #103
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I think the attack on titan is about $675 or something.

Are there any good groups to be in on FB or forums or twitter handles worth following - specifically for Anime statues. Seems like they are making more and more statues of good size and quality, probably for the western market.

I'll check out amiami. Thanks!
I don't know any fb or twitter groups, but I do follow:

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/
http://www.tomopop.com/

both have a good rss feed that I watch.

http://myfigurecollection.net/ is a good site to find what kind of statues are out there for given anime.

As for retailers, I get stuff mainly through http://www.amiami.com/, but also keep an eye on http://www.goodsmile.info/en for their exclusive stuff as they do not, generally, sell in other stores and will do limited ES run pre-orders quite a bit ahead of time. And here is Good Smile's shop link: http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/

And as you have seen, Tsume is great as well. I have most of my orders for their stuff through BBTS since i am in NA and like to keep stuff in one place with the pile of loot, but I do have the occasional pre-order directly from Tsume if I can not secure on BBTS in time.

That being said, people drop pre-orders all the time on BBTS so if there is a piece that you REALLY want and is sold out for pre-orders save it in your favorites or keep a tab open to check daily to see if you can get it (I have secured several this way so far).
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:00 PM   #104
Sharkey

Oh and the "The Colossus Titan: TAKAYUKI TAKEYA Ver." (Titan with outstretched arm) is sold out for pre-order from their site. I would highly suggest looking at: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...06&mode=retail by Max Limited, as it is another fine sculpt if you still want a colossal titan.

If I had the money I would probably be getting this one as well, but I don't and I liked the more brutal looking nature of the Good Smile sculpt.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #105
Sharkey

And while I do prefer the feel and weight of the sculpted statues, when it comes to anime, (as others have said above) very little of it is sculpted. It is just not what the asian market prefers, generally. I have several very nice figures (pvc and plastic) and they generally are $70-120 or so depending on the size and detail, and come in 1/8th and 1/10th size, usually. Good Smile, Kotobukiya, and Max Factory and sometimes Figma all produce some really nice figures. I can not speak for other companies, but I would not necessarily ignore some of the smaller ones if they do something cool you like.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #106
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Thanks! I've bookmarked it. What's best? The forums? There's a lot of sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Raoh is the first in Tsumes Fist of the North star line. Lots of pics of him further back in the thread.

EDIT

If you do find other polystone statues based on Anime from other companies ( the Berserk stuff is a good example, it's usually pretty hard to get hold of and is usually very expensive.
Thanks. Any idea on the Raoh PO? Price? ES? Etc.?

Man I want that Berserk Statue. Better start watching the anime! Does Good Smile have a newsletter or something to detail upcoming pre-orders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I don't know any fb or twitter groups, but I do follow:

EDIT
Ok, thanks. Very helpful. Have bookmarked a lot of these sites and will start to navigate them soon.

Quote:
Oh and the "The Colossus Titan: TAKAYUKI TAKEYA Ver." (Titan with outstretched arm) is sold out for pre-order from their site. I would highly suggest looking at: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...06&mode=retail by Max Limited, as it is another fine sculpt if you still want a colossal titan.

If I had the money I would probably be getting this one as well, but I don't and I liked the more brutal looking nature of the Good Smile sculpt.
That sucks. Cons can be so annoying. Why display something sold out?
I think it's a great statue but very expensive and I'm not yet even through 5 episodes of AOT. Just started. Sucks that the English dub is not on Netflix.

This other statue looks quite dull artistically compared to the other. Thanks for showing me though.

Quote:
And while I do prefer the feel and weight of the sculpted statues, when it comes to anime, (as others have said above) very little of it is sculpted.

EDIT

I can not speak for other companies, but I would not necessarily ignore some of the smaller ones if they do something cool you like.
Yeah, I'm open minded. I'm not like others who get hung up on size. I love 1:4 scale. But there's plenty of awesome vinyl/plastic/resin stuff out there.
I have the full kidrobot Street Fighter collection :P
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:05 AM   #107
Sharkey

Quote:
That sucks. Cons can be so annoying. Why display something sold out?

Yeah, I'm open minded. I'm not like others who get hung up on size. I love 1:4 scale. But there's plenty of awesome vinyl/plastic/resin stuff out there.
I have the full kidrobot Street Fighter collection :P
The pre-order came online at the beginning of Sept I think it was, and was just open as long as it took to sell out with a planned closing of Oct (I think it was). So no telling when the final one was sold. They show em off though to let people know about their company and build word of mouth not just for that statue but for the comany so that people are on the lookout for their future stuff.

And the reason I think people are hung up is not just about the size (which I don't understand really), but because of the weight/quality of the build material. I can definitely attest that sometimes I have qualms about paying $100 for a plastic fig that is so light in my hands, but I only really get stuff that shows a lot of action or is a really detailed character. I find it really hard for me to justify paying so much for a figure that is really simple and is the same price as another that has tons of effects on them even if that is just the way the character is, which really sucks when it is a favorite character/cool character from a show.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:12 AM   #108
BornFreeSF

Quote:
The pre-order came online at the beginning of Sept I think it was, and was just open as long as it took to sell out with a planned closing of Oct (I think it was). So no telling when the final one was sold. They show em off though to let people know about their company and build word of mouth not just for that statue but for the comany so that people are on the lookout for their future stuff.

And the reason I think people are hung up is not just about the size (which I don't understand really), but because of the weight/quality of the build material. I can definitely attest that sometimes I have qualms about paying $100 for a plastic fig that is so light in my hands, but I only really get stuff that shows a lot of action or is a really detailed character. I find it really hard for me to justify paying so much for a figure that is really simple and is the same price as another that has tons of effects on them even if that is just the way the character is, which really sucks when it is a favorite character/cool character from a show.
Yeah sorry, I'm not too literal when I write. I understand the marketing aspect.

And I understand the weight and quality aspect. I just don't get too hung up on it. I'd rather judge each piece on its own merits.

Re. Attack on Titan I didn't realise they are making a live action movie.
Just saw this commercial too. Pretty cool for what it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkgmHEA5_E
Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 AM   #109
Sharkey

Quote:
Yeah sorry, I'm not too literal when I write. I understand the marketing aspect.

And I understand the weight and quality aspect. I just don't get too hung up on it. I'd rather judge each piece on its own merits.

Re. Attack on Titan I didn't realise they are making a live action movie.
Just saw this commercial too. Pretty cool for what it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkgmHEA5_E
Darn it japan, stop making us look so bad with your awesome commercials.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #110
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Seems like BBTS are taking their time, i got mine a while back now and i got mine way after Tsume released it.
Yeah I'm guessing, to save on cost they probably ship (literally on a cargo ship) all the orders from Europe from all the different suppliers on a monthly basis.

I've spoken to them a few times and, whilst their customer service is nice, they have no information on where the statue is.

I guess I'll just wait it out. Buying from Tsume is more expensive and I would probably have to pay duty on it....?