Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #10581
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
To further hyjack this thread I didn't think much of hmo before I saw Morrigan. I'm a big fan of heavenly sword and would have bought Nariko had I liked the piece. The face imo was very bad and it just looked like an "ok" piece everywhere else.

Their Dante piece doesn't wow me.

Ren just looks ok to me. Nothing too special in my opinion.

Their busts do look interesting I will say and I almost jumped into collecting those. But didn't...

But Morrigan sealed the deal. Then I looked back at their megaman x and I think it's incredible. So hmo's future in my opinion looks bright. Zero looks cool, their warhammer piece seems awesome, though I decided to pass on it, and if they can knock the revised Mai out of the park we'll then I'll be a happy collector!
I felt the same way. Loved Heavenly Sword game and really wanted the statue but the face on it was just "meh", so passed on it.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #10582
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yep, HMO came out of nowhere for me on that one. I'll be there for possible Felicia piece pre-order this year.
I LOVED playing as Felicia. She's always been my favorite of that franchise. I would love that statue but not willing to pay the HEFTY price.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:40 PM   #10583
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

A bit late but finally got this piece today.

Is it normal for the right foot to float a few mm off the base so that it doesn't quite touch?
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:40 PM   #10584
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Mine were very slightly off the base, yes. Not enough to bother me in any way but yeah, it wasn't 100% flush.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #10585
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Mine were very slightly off the base, yes. Not enough to bother me in any way but yeah, it wasn't 100% flush.
OK, thanks for the reply. Similarly its not really enough to bother me that much but helps to know that it's not just mine
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #10586
Comicbookguy
Hercules

So far this is the best Thanos ever made. Simply stunning art work! Harbottle its still the boss man! As long as he has his ways and is not constraint to a certain style or limits by the higher up corporate bosses. He's the best out there. There's many Others out there is very, very good as well but they are just not making enough to get more feedback.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:43 PM   #10587
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
A bit late but finally got this piece today.

Is it normal for the right foot to float a few mm off the base so that it doesn't quite touch?

No, it is not normal to have the floating feet and companies make it seem like its normal to have some gap since the factories cant mimic What these super proto artist can do. It was a bad design to just have the feet resting and putting the key insert on Thano’s Butt.

Pieces that usually have pegs or magents on the feet usually have a better result of sitting flush on a base versus this Thanos design that just allows the piece to rest the feet on the base, but any slight altercations to the cast and he will not sit Flush!

This on going problem over the years with many pieces suffering from base issues with FLOATING FEET due to the factories not being able to mimic the super Prototype artist piece exactly and they dont test that it fits properly before it passes QC.. Companies like Sideshow made it a tolerable standard that if something is a few millimeters floating off the base they will deem that as NORMAL when it really is not...

Its just the factory makes so many issues and mistakes with pieces not being glued or assembled correctly that many in the production will have the result of the feet not sitting flush with the base.

Its not as common with magnetic feet or feet with keys or pegs on the bottom to help it be placed to fit flush with the base..

Pegs can also give collectors issues, but at least those have a good chance to be fixed like if theres too much excess paint in the hole for a peg not fitting there are ways to make it slide in versus the issue with Thanos floating feet can not be fixed once its glued together improperly like many were by his waist!

Designs with pegs can have issues as well with sitting flush but those designs suffer less with FLOATING FEET versus the Thanos Design of having nothing on the bottom of the feet and allowing it with weight to rest easy on the base. A great design for Super Harbottle (Thanos Sculpter), but a horrible design for factories to reproduce and its a given with this design for Thanos’s feet that some would suffer with a foot gap.

Some collectors had a huge gap to the point Sideshow acknowledged they could get a replacement from it and others that had a small gap Sideshows typical response for the factories bad assembly work is that the small gap is Normal to a certain extent.

It is not normal and should have no Gap at all! They made it normal since the factory made many with a gap and didnt make sure in the production that it was assembled correctly making sure it sits flush... Instead, they take the easy route to just say its NORMAL.

If collectors step UP and DO NOT ACCETPT ITEMS with FLOATING FEET, The factories would be forced to do a better job when assembling these pieces to the base instead of saying it is acceptable when its really not..

Kind of the reason why Sideshow had to make an entire new batch of Full Replacements which is really unheard of for a large production to go back to produce many replacements, but not only the foot gap issue many had many larger issues with that first batch with the casting resulting in many breaks.

You have nothing to worry about as Sideshows has fixed and rectified everyone that had a issue with their First batch Thanos. In the end I am super happy with Sideshows efforts and they helped me until I got the Thanos I was completely satisfied with and left me super happy.

If I had to keep my first one I would be super disappointed, but thankfully they sent me a much better one with flush feet!

FLOATING FEET takes away the effect of him sitting down and just looks whack!

My first one had many issues including floating feet and thankfully my Full Replacement arrived with the feet sitting completely Flush!

Floating feet became common for this piece since the factory produced many with that issue and since so many were produced that way Sideshow has to say it is Normal in order not to take a further loss.

Sideshow already had to spend a lot on making a new batch of replacements since many collectors had many issues with the first batch and it was not just floating feet. The floating feet with some collectors was the least of the issues so many just accepted the small gap as being normal or common when it really should not be..

Unfortunately, the factory just cant get everyones piece assembled correctly and once glued you cant fix issues that already been assembled wrong or off. So for Sideshow not to take a Major loss they have to have a tolerable standard saying its normal because most the pieces have a floating foot even though there are many with flush feet as well..

Theres just too many with him having a millimeter gap that it would hurt them if they had to replace all those for the feet issues and instead just say the gap to a certain point is acceptable to sell to the customer and say it is suppose to be like that when it really is not.

Many Thanos’s are ok with the feet sitting flush and there are a good amount with a small gap, about a millimeter and some odd cases where they literally had like a half inch gap... The Feet on Thanos should have been designed with pegs or magnetic feet to be placed flush easier..

The reason some have the foot gap is due to the factory when gluing Thanos’s kilt or that part of the armor that goes around his waist and butt area..

That piece if slightly glued improperly can result in Thanos sitting wrong or propped up from it not being assembled correctly and it effects the piece when trying to rest the feet on the base.

Companies need to have their Super prototype artist, design pieces that the factory can actually reproduce and not design a piece that time after time the factory fails to achieve the same results such as these FLOATING FEET that many Thanos’s Suffer from. They should have definitely made sure the feet could sit flush with them connecting to the base either with pegs or properly placed magnets.

When magnets are placed off center that can also result in it not sitting flush which is a whole other issue with magnetic parts.

Those pegs or magnets on the bottom of the feet as well as the Key insert on his butt maybe could have worked better then just having the Butt key alone to attach him to the base. There should be designs from the prototype artist with the factory in mind to achieve pieces sitting flush like how older statues are from back in the day.

They should make sure it sits flush before going to the next stage of QC.

In the past years I witnessed a lot of pieces having issues with parts not connecting properly And I only see it getting worse and not better as more statues companies use the same factories that bombard them with too many projects.

I have a Thanos with Flush feet and I can say he looks much better then having the millimeter floating foot gap that my first one had. It just looks bad and it is not normal.

Sideshow will just say its normal and try to convince us Collectors spending hundreds of thousands over the years that it is common... NO $1200 statue should ever have any gap of floating feet and to make floating feet to a certain point acceptable is just unacceptable to us collectors supporting these companies..

The standards on these so called PREMIUM pieces need to be raised and not told to customers that floating feet is normal.

Since many Thanos’s have that millimeter floating foot issue gap it is most likely not worth it to ask for a replacement if thats the only issue you have as well as Sideshow will not replace it if thats the only issue you have.

Unless, its one of those odd ball cases that have a huge gap which is just too big to accept then. If the gap is not big enough then Sideshow will deny a replacement.

If people that have him with a small gap and it bothers you like it did me I had an idea to customize the floating foot area. My idea was to order 1/4 scale Spiderman Mask or maybe a captain America Mask and slide it under the floating foot enough to fill in the gap with the mask like Thanos is stepping on the fallen Hero’s mask and saying come here to fight his next nemesis.

Thats what I was going to do if I could not get a Thanos with flush feet.. On my first Thanos his left foot was floating and putting a mask underneath his foot filled the gap and looked pretty cool with the mask being stepped on.

My new Thanos came and his feet sit flush so I stopped using the mask idea but, maybe for some that have him and the gap is bothering you maybe this will help it look better.

Thanos is such an Amazing piece and Im sorry if some have a foot gap that bothers you and for some the gap doesnt bother them... One of my
pet-peeves is when a piece does not connect flush so you can imagine someone like me most likely would do the mask idea or not keep it at all. I hate GAPS!

Statues back in the day had way less issues with items not sitting flush, but as these pieces get more complex I see more part issues not sitting flush! These issues need to be addressed during productions!!!!

To Statue companies, please Put an end to the FLOATING FEET epidemic on future pieces! Thanks! (SMH)
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:34 PM   #10588
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:36 PM   #10589
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

WTF just happened?
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:42 PM   #10590
actionjackson83