Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-02-2020, 01:04 AM   #1
leplant
Deadman

A cardboard conundrum

Concerning or no?
Just received an order directly from Sideshow. No art box, which is unfortunate, but ok. What really concerns me though is the makeshift shipping box? I'm wondering what the history on this is piece is. Any one have this experiences before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	90436F86-89ED-4AC8-B3CF-14677B9B3A0E.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	133662   Click image for larger version

Name:	86D8D6B8-B162-4347-9E8E-E7631D41146E.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	133663  
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:24 AM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

Maybe it's a SS custom statue

How does the statue look? I would call SS to get an art box or surprisingly it might hurt your resale value as people might think it's a recast if you don't have one.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:41 AM   #3
pdenham
Teen Titans

It's direct from SS so it's gotta be legit.

And no, you are not the only one who has gotten no art box direct from SS on a new product.
I do remember seeing other people post they received no art box with other statues (or maybe it was this same one) earlier this year. I thought that might be the way SS would be going with everything now on to shave costs, but Hawkgirl, the William Stout Red Rider, and the WW bust all came with art boxes (a very nice one for HG too) so I dunno.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:50 AM   #4
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Maybe it's a SS custom statue

How does the statue look? I would call SS to get an art box or surprisingly it might hurt your resale value as people might think it's a recast if you don't have one.
I haven't had time to unpack it yet, so not sure. I share your concern about resale. I never buy to sell, but I sell when my feelings about a piece change.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:44 AM   #5
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Concerning or no?
Just received an order directly from Sideshow. No art box, which is unfortunate, but ok. What really concerns me though is the makeshift shipping box? I'm wondering what the history on this is piece is. Any one have this experiences before?
Yes I got the ex prime1 dog alien directly from SS and it came in a makeshift box just like that. Of course it was broken and on top of that I found evidence that I was not it’s first owner so-to-speak. Underneath the feet I could see signs of wear meaning it had been previously displayed. I think it was a return. SS re-packed it probably because they had to, maybe the original shipper box was FUBAR. Plus the silk coverings it comes wrapped in in the styrofoam encasing was shredded to bits. Was really disappointed SS would even send me this one without asking me first. They didn’t offer me a replacement only a refund. And I couldn’t get another one because the one I got was from my waitlist converting.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:17 AM   #6
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Yes I got the ex prime1 dog alien directly from SS and it came in a makeshift box just like that. Of course it was broken and on top of that I found evidence that I was not it’s first owner so-to-speak. Underneath the feet I could see signs of wear meaning it had been previously displayed. I think it was a return. SS re-packed it probably because they had to, maybe the original shipper box was FUBAR. Plus the silk coverings it comes wrapped in in the styrofoam encasing was shredded to bits. Was really disappointed SS would even send me this one without asking me first. They didn’t offer me a replacement only a refund. And I couldn’t get another one because the one I got was from my waitlist converting.
That's pretty shady right there, honestly. Not the first time SS has done it from what I remember. No art box and no shipper tells me they either ran out or the boxes were busted...which raises the question of it being a return. I'd open it and take a close look.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:20 AM   #7
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Uh guys, I don't believe Sideshow does art boxes for pieces that come in two boxes. Gladiator Hulk and Juggernaut are both cases like that.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:29 AM   #8
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Uh guys, I don't believe Sideshow does art boxes for pieces that come in two boxes. Gladiator Hulk and Juggernaut are both cases like that.
You're right, there is no art box for this guy. Makeshift shipper still raises a flag...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:06 AM   #9
BurningRage
Inhumans

I’ve seen people also get ht and pcs orders from sideshow not get the original brown shipper. It seems there’s less of a chance if you’re in an earlier batch. If the piece is fine I wouldn’t worry but I wouldn’t want a returned item when I’m paying full price for a factory sealed item.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:57 AM   #10
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Sideshows policy used to be destroy your statue which arrived damaged or flawed, send us photos, and we'll replace it. It was reassuring to know these pieces weren't being sold again.