Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #14041
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

A Royal Affair (2012) 7.5/10

Quote:
A Royal Affair (Danish: En kongelig affære) is a 2012 historical drama film directed by Nikolaj Arcel, starring Mads Mikkelsen, Alicia Vikander and Mikkel Følsgaard. The story is set in the 18th century, at the court of the mentally ill King Christian VII of Denmark, and focuses on the romance between his wife, Caroline Matilda of Great Britain, and the royal physician Struensee.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #14042
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

MaMa 7/10
this was actually a very good flick. and MaMa her self was very cool. of course it had its stupidity moments. what horror flick doesn't now a days. but only one or two. it was very creepy and had surprising/shocking moments. along with some grotesque ones as well. which was nice to see. but this film wouldn't have been as good as it was for me if it wasn't for the two young girls in this film. i have to say that they did an incredible job acting in this film. and were the true stars of this film. they were awesome.

definitely worth watching and curling up on the couch with your significant other just to watch them cower in fear and hear them scream. bot that was great

i would have rated this a bit higher. but i would have liked to known more about MaMa and certain things that were related to her. and the ending was very unexpected. but understandable. i didn't like it at first. but after thinking about it a few days. it made total sense.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #14043
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Iron Man 3 (2D) 8/10 * - second viewing and enjoyed it more. Wasn't as distracted this time by the various strange choices made in terms of story.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #14044
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Savages 5/10

would have benefited greatly from some Blake Lively and/or Salma Hyek nudity.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #14045
demonhunter
Kingpin

Star Trek: Into Darkness.

4/5.

Great movie.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #14046
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Jack Reacher 8/10
Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #14047
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Jack Reacher 8/10
I've heard a lot of good word of mouth on this one.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #14048
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Iron Man 3
6/10

It was alright. By this point, I'm sick of the whole Iron Man thing and Marvel movies in general. Mindless fun but slowly becoming more mindless and less fun.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #14049
Luminous
Cyclops

Star Trek: Into Darkness - 9/10

Thanks to the fact that this story didn't have to deal with the complexities and pitfalls of time travel, this second outing for the newly established Star Trek is a more fluid and accessible film. The narrative is more focused, and it allows the writers and the director to present the audience with a fun, heart felt and exhilarating experience. The performances, the musical score, action set pieces, pacing, and humor were all top notch. The film also does a nice job of continuing to demonstrate how these iconic characters are growing, learning and evolving into becoming the people we've shared so many adventures with. I think some people believe that these characters should have reached their full maturity at the end of the last film. The simple truth is that this new franchise is still showing the audience how these characters eventually become the crew of the USS Enterprise that we've long known. To expect them to have come full circle in one film is unrealistic.

Not surprisingly, there are a lot of naysayers. During my viewing of the film, I could not comprehend how anyone could have anything negative to say about the movie. It's an immersive experience, and I loved every minute of it. Now that I've seen it and have had a chance to read some of the negative things being said about the film, I now see who in particular is upset. I would say it isn't surprising to see some of the die hard Trekkies complaining, especially when you consider all of the references and nods to the original series and motion pictures present in Into Darkness, but I should have known better. If you're going to watch a movie and get hung up on whether or not a "personal hyperwarp transporter device" has any place in Star Trek, then I don't know what to tell you. Continue watching reruns of a long dead show if those sort of things are going to disrupt your viewing experience.

With the viewing of the Wednesday night preview IMAX presentation of Star Trek: Into Darkness, came this awesome glow in the dark Mark Englert poster:

Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #14050
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Nice to read a favorable review. I can't wait to see this.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote