Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-16-2017, 04:32 AM   #551
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yes, they are still planning that. So if you want the hologram arm, then you would need to buy the other XM statue that will come with the hologram arm.
Until XM puts up the official PO info...I would refrain from saying anything concrete. It's possible they may offer it as a separate option you can buy or if you have plans to get the line...then you can get that extra arm + more with Bumblebee.

I just would like to know wth is taking XM so long to start the official PO on this.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #552
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Until XM puts up the official PO info...I would refrain from saying anything concrete. It's possible they may offer it as a separate option you can buy or if you have plans to get the line...then you can get that extra arm + more with Bumblebee.

I just would like to know wth is taking XM so long to start the official PO on this.

Slynger asked the same question in the Q&A thread. And Bryan answered accordingly. Bryan sounded concrete to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Hello Bryan,

I know you have heard countless comments/thoughts on XM's decision to put Prime's other Left arm in with another TF statue.

Are you able to comment on whether or not this is the final decision or will there be further discussion on this?

Yes this is very likely the final decision. When we first created the extra switch out parts, the intention is to work in all the possible parts printed so we can finalize the final cost. As our licensor has encouraged us to create differentiating factors from other TF statues on the market, we decided on including the alternate vehicle mode. Since this line is not taken off games or movies, we had to built our own TF from ground up; every screw, mechnical component etc is original creation, which applies to the alternate vehicle mode as well thus adding to development costs. I can assure you the final product along with the alternate vehicle mode will not disappoint. However, due to the new changes including light up components and engineering, we realize we are going to cause OP to be imbalanced in price and switch out features as compared to the other TFs in the same line.

The final configuration we have planned is OP with matrix in chest, Axe, Gun display arms options, rocket pack and a truck which to us is a complete set up, and arguably more so than any other OP statue on the market. I think this is an important distinction to highlight because it is too harsh to say that not having those 2 arms makes OP incomplete. Compared to the other parts we've included, not having these 2 arms does not make OP incomplete. The 2 extra arms have always been designed to be secondary add ons.

What we can reassure collectors is that all TFs will come complete in their standard configuration - only non primary add on parts are going to be shipped with other TFs. We understand that some collectors want everything and don't mind paying extra but we also have some collectors who are more budget constraint and actually decided to opt for refund because they didn't want to pay the increase for the truck add on etc. To us, keeping the core parts and leaving out the secondary parts for a balanced price is a compromised mid-way solution. Whichever way we go, we will get happy and unhappy opinions so this mid-way solution seemed the most practical to us. Naturally, we acknowledge there will be collectors who disagree with our decision and we will respect their views of course, and offer a full refund for those who are not satisfied with our approach.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #553
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

As it is stated above if we want a complete OP we are forced to buy another TF including the switch outs arms/parts for OP.

Even if they say "it's harsh to say that in that case OP will not be complete", in my eyes and the eyes of most collectors it will be obviously the case
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #554
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Slynger asked the same question in the Q&A thread. And Bryan answered accordingly. Bryan sounded concrete to me.
Thanks for this. But things can change until it is released. However, I also know another reason why Optimus Prime has not gone up for PO yet and I think it has to do with the truck. I think those who are collecting the TF line will be happy.

I completely forgot about that.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #555
Statueenvy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Thanks for this. But things can change until it is released. However, I also know another reason why Optimus Prime has not gone up for PO yet and I think it has to do with the truck. I think those who are collecting the TF line will be happy.

I completely forgot about that.
They are making the truck larger right?
Statueenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #556
KELPIE
New Republic

I hope they are making some kind of base or name plate for it.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:08 AM   #557
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
As it is stated above if we want a complete OP we are forced to buy another TF including the switch outs arms/parts for OP.

Even if they say "it's harsh to say that in that case OP will not be complete", in my eyes and the eyes of most collectors it will be obviously the case
Agreed. To me OP will be incomplete. Especially if it's the pieces I always wanted from the beginning.

If that makes me harsh, then so be it.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #558
KELPIE
New Republic

At this rate, IA will release their Prime for pre-order before XM
Old 06-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #559
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
At this rate, IA will release their Prime for pre-order before XM
Just waiting on the new truck I think. Also, I think XM is wanting to have multiple TFs to show at one time before putting up Optimus. Starscream has already been PO early for the select few that attended the XM warehouse opening.

My guess is that XM wants to have more to show for those that plan on getting into the TF line. I would feel more comfortable knowing there were 4 - 6 other characters coming shortly after Optimus, especially if you plan on investing in the line.

I guess it's safe to say Optimus probably won't make it out this year...which is fine...too much stuff from XM to pay off this year.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:35 AM   #560
KELPIE
New Republic

Yeah, except I have money now... I might not have money next year