Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 09-18-2016, 05:07 AM   #41
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Did Bowen sold any Thanos Infinity Gauntlet stuff at JerseyFest ?
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:22 PM   #42
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

If only he could just start up Bowen designs again. If only.. Those were the good old days. He had his own company, he pumped out marvel statues like candy. A lot of people could afford most of them. You could get entire sets of teams to display. If only...
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #43
MKS
Nightwing

What have you heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermn619 View Post
There is good Rumors around for this man
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #44
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
If only he could just start up Bowen designs again. If only.. Those were the good old days. He had his own company, he pumped out marvel statues like candy. A lot of people could afford most of them. You could get entire sets of teams to display. If only...
I feel like I came into statue collecting like I came into this world. I started collecting literally a month before Mojo (his last one) came out. And I was born in the 80's and feel like I should have been born in the 30's - 40's.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #45
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm in the same boat...started about the time Hela was about to release. Missed out on prime Bowen time, but hey...at least I got to experience the vault. Helped me catch up at pennies on the dollar.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:01 AM   #46
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

While I really dig sideshow and all the other 1/4 statue makers but 1/6 really needs to make a comeback. I've just started going full bore in this hobby and I already realize that the pricing can get insane and the sizes can get out of hand. 1/6 gives me an opportunity to get the characters I love and not to have to build a new wing on the house to display them. I love 1/4'th have 2 statues on pre-order but I really think 1/6th is under served.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:22 PM   #47
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Very much looking forward to hearing the announcement next week at NYCC. Please make it a comeback to 1/6 with the DC license. Pleeeease!!
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #48
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
While I really dig sideshow and all the other 1/4 statue makers but 1/6 really needs to make a comeback. I've just started going full bore in this hobby and I already realize that the pricing can get insane and the sizes can get out of hand. 1/6 gives me an opportunity to get the characters I love and not to have to build a new wing on the house to display them. I love 1/4'th have 2 statues on pre-order but I really think 1/6th is under served.
I agree, and believe that the market for 1/6 would be strong again if BD entered the fray once more. When considering price, quality, and display-ability, it's hard to beat what BD had going on for a very long time and I think it would work again.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #49
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I feel like I came into statue collecting like I came into this world. I started collecting literally a month before Mojo (his last one) came out. And I was born in the 80's and feel like I should have been born in the 30's - 40's.
The good news is that all the BD stuff is still out there and most can be had at prices that are lower than they were at their peak. The quality remains and you can build a great display. If BD gets back into the game, there will be renewed interest in the previously released stuff and prices will go back up.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:55 AM   #50
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
The good news is that all the BD stuff is still out there and most can be had at prices that are lower than they were at their peak. The quality remains and you can build a great display. If BD gets back into the game, there will be renewed interest in the previously released stuff and prices will go back up.
Agree and disagree.

If you hunt, yes the BD stuff is still out, but looking at the prices they were released for I have never paid less than retail... for anything. I have gotten good deals compared to the "going rate" for a lot of statues but these things were being released for like $200 a pop, sometimes not even.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote