Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #11
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Geez, no need to bust the guys sack. My Dark Phoenix arrived yesterday, not double boxed but it did have the foam corner pieces on top and bottom. That was a nice touch.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #12
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormousthumbs View Post
Geez, no need to bust the guys sack. My Dark Phoenix arrived yesterday, not double boxed but it did have the foam corner pieces on top and bottom. That was a nice touch.
every statue i have ever gotten that features fragile pieces has had the foam corner in the brown shipper..and this is going all the ay back to my wonder woman PF in 2015
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #13
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
Wow. I can't wait to start a thread about the packing tape they use.
Well i think its a big deal to me as my hulk vs wolverine came broken and also the 2 replacements body's.The shipping boxes are part of the whole package.The instructions are first for me too.This thread is more about sideshow trying to improve on, then the boxes.As for your tape comment..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #14
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
every statue i have ever gotten that features fragile pieces has had the foam corner in the brown shipper..and this is going all the ay back to my wonder woman PF in 2015
Sorry i have alien warrior and it was in a single box with the cheap hard foam that falls apart..This does not.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #15
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Sounds like they're going the P1 route, sounds good to me!
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:50 PM   #16
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Not me. Green Lantern snd Aquaman didn't. I know a few others didn't. Kylo Ren though had corner pieces outside of the brown box though. That was a nice touch
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:01 PM   #17
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Not me. Green Lantern snd Aquaman didn't. I know a few others didn't. Kylo Ren though had corner pieces outside of the brown box though. That was a nice touch
I mean not all my status have had it..but a good number did, I think goblin, cap marvel, Phoenix recently did
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:08 PM   #18
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
First for me and I received Green Lantern, Hulk v Wolverine and Batman and none of them had them.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #19
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
I mean not all my status have had it..but a good number did, I think goblin, cap marvel, Phoenix recently did
Yeah, I wish SS put the corners on all of them, even the external ones on the shipper box. Shows they care.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Yeah, I wish SS put the corners on all of them, even the external ones on the shipper box. Shows they care.
Yea, as somebody already said this is more like prime one.
Double shipping boxes are really great, I had a small hole in the outer shipping box and the 2nd shipping box was not damage at all due to the soft foam corners that don't break at all. Also it had additional side foam pieces.As fragile as this piece is..No breakage.With the corners pads and side pads over 20 pads were used.They should pack all statues this way as it would pay for itself..The UN-boxing instructions are nice for repacking.Now i know this piece cost a lot and maybe that's the reason behind it but this should be the standard..