Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-12-2017, 12:13 AM   #31
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
You'd like to refute my statement?
Anyone who buys a statue and does not inspect it....or buys a statue that has not been inspected is looking for trouble.

When originally purchased a small crack or break could easily be replaced if inspected.

Buying a broken starue second hand thats past the 30 day window would be a nightmare
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:38 AM   #32
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Anyone who buys a statue and does not inspect it....or buys a statue that has not been inspected is looking for trouble.

When originally purchased a small crack or break could easily be replaced if inspected.

Buying a broken starue second hand thats past the 30 day window would be a nightmare
^^^^ Well said, It's really as simple as that.

Do not buy from Anyone on eBay who lists "factory sealed, no returns"
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:58 AM   #33
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I just open to inspect the Es to see if it's high or low.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:05 AM   #34
MeleeSparks
Frackin!
Adamantium Plus Member

A lot of good info and feedback -- thanks guys.
MeleeSparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #35
Y3E
Gen 13

I purchased an unopened box statue from eBay (my last one) and it was Angelus and stupid me I did not ask to have it inspected and it came with broken wing tips and the seller asked me to contact the company to get it replaced. If I didn't get the statue at half the price of retail I would have filed a claim with PP.

So, it is never a good idea to buy an unopened boxed statue...never.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #36
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Seller needs to inspect it. If not the buyer can scam the seller. Some buyers could simply use eBay to replace their broken piece for free by stating it was damaged in transit. Pictures of the piece you sent may help with this issue if there are any distinct features that allow you to differentiate between what you sent and what they sent back. I don't sell on eBay very much at all now because it seems like eBay backs the buyer more than the seller.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #37
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Saying that the item was not inspected really does seem like the seller abdicating responsibility for any problems with the piece.

I've bought most of my collection through eBay (new to the hobby, so missed out on a lot) and it's all about the feedback for me. No feedback or questionable feedback, I move along.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #38
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

As a seller of my stuff, I always, always, always, take pictures as I'm packing it up and placing it in the art box. Then after everything is in the art box, I take another picture. Then after I place it in the outer shipper box, I take another picture. I fill out a sheet of paper with TO: and FROM: information to include the eBay auction ID number. The buyer's user ID is on there along with his real name taken from PayPal. My user ID is on there along with my real name. There is also a time and date stamp during the time and day it gets packed up and shipped out. That sheet of paper with all our information is in every photo I take as the piece is being packed up. As soon as the piece is received (and you know it's received according to the tracking information) I ask the buyer to check the piece and leave me immediate feedback so there's no way he/she can pull that 60 day window crap. I will never ever let a buyer screw me over. Pictures, pictures, pictures, and pictures. A ton of sellers are too lazy to do it, but collectors need to make it mandatory for themselves.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #39
Spidey42005
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
As a seller of my stuff, I always, always, always, take pictures as I'm packing it up and placing it in the art box. Then after everything is in the art box, I take another picture. Then after I place it in the outer shipper box, I take another picture. I fill out a sheet of paper with TO: and FROM: information to include the eBay auction ID number. The buyer's user ID is on there along with his real name taken from PayPal. My user ID is on there along with my real name. There is also a time and date stamp during the time and day it gets packed up and shipped out. That sheet of paper with all our information is in every photo I take as the piece is being packed up. As soon as the piece is received (and you know it's received according to the tracking information) I ask the buyer to check the piece and leave me immediate feedback so there's no way he/she can pull that 60 day window crap. I will never ever let a buyer screw me over. Pictures, pictures, pictures, and pictures. A ton of sellers are too lazy to do it, but collectors need to make it mandatory for themselves.
I did that on top of also taking video recordings with my phone. I only ever sold 1 statue, but the buyer was extremely happy with the amount of photos and videos I was able to provide as I described, packed, and shipped the statue. It was a relief knowing I had so much in case something did go wrong. Especially as it was a $875.00 sale. I wanted to create a transaction in which both the buyer and seller were comfortable as that is a very large amount of money.
Spidey42005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #40
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey42005 View Post
I did that on top of also taking video recordings with my phone. I only ever sold 1 statue, but the buyer was extremely happy with the amount of photos and videos I was able to provide as I described, packed, and shipped the statue. It was a relief knowing I had so much in case something did go wrong. Especially as it was a $875.00 sale. I wanted to create a transaction in which both the buyer and seller were comfortable as that is a very large amount of money.
The reason why I do it. Especially when dealing with that much money. There's no way any seller should just send out a piece without pictures and buyer information as a source of back-up when that much money and a breakable item is at stake. CYA! Receiving feedback once received is important. It seals the deal. Tell that buyer not to screw around and leave that feedback for you ASAP. Making a video (as you suggested) is a great idea too.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote