Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #11
risingstar
Jedi Order

Spinning hammer crushes the other two.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #12
CassioSCCP
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
Right because museum poses are supposed to be like that....the one with the best representation of movement is clearly Bowen's Classic Action Thor. The Kotobukiya Thor looks more way more museum like than the two mentioned in JP's videos. Kotobukiya's Thor is just boring compared to Classic Action Thor....the base alone makes it hard to beat.
It is your opinion and I respect it.

As position goes the spinning hammer is superior to all others but as I’ve said it before I did not like the colors used in it and as amazing it is it would not fit of what I expect in my collection.

Sometimes an amazing piece fails to fulfill what you need in your collection.

Again… My opinion. You don’t have to like it or to agree on it but you will respect it.
CassioSCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #13
toe
Alpha Flight

Koto Modern Thor is my favorite Thor statue
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #14
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
I was asked to do this video long ago, but I never got around it. Finally, I did. Now the question is; which Thor do you think is the best? Let's find out.

Bowen vs Kotobukiya Thors Showdown!!!

Bowen vs Kotobukiya Thors Showdown

Please; like, comment and subscribe. Thanks for watching!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassioSCCP View Post
I prefer the one from Kotobukiya.

It’s the one that I choose from a few years ago actually.

The museum Thor from Bowen is boring and looks like a damn statue… No movement whatsoever.

The spinning hammer Thor is interesting but the colors did not earn my love.

When I put all the factors into it my decision was clear.
Huh?
Old 04-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #15
gomur
The Tick

Gods be merciful. The Bowenites have invaded! Go back to the forum from whence you came!

Action Thor is probably the best statue for a stand-alone display. It shines brightest with an innovative pose and one of the best Bowen bases. The only area where I'm not a fan is Thor himself. And a lot of it is the artistic style. Action Thor is a spot on portrayal of classic comics. My sensibilities have always skewed more modern and that brings me to...

I'm backing Cassio with Koto Thor. Terribly underrated piece and easily dismissed. I love his presence and the wealth of movement from a museum stance. Of all the three Thors, he displays BEST with a group in addition to on his own. And that cannot be understated because many of us show off Thor with his fellow Avengers. He's got the best size befitting a Norse god and Erick Sosa loaded him with as much detail as muscle.

Strikedown Thor. Well, I'll disagree with JP in that I doubt it will ever come close to either Koto or Action in value. Inherently, the statue has great value and deserves credit in its direction and execution. Looking from the outside, I can't see many people choosing it over the other Thors on the market. Unless maybe to complete a kick arse Thor diorama like JP's. Most collectors, if they get one Thor, will simply pay extra for the other choices. My prediction anyway.

I have no problem with people stating Action Thor is the best. Its reputation precedes it these days, and it's deserved. The pose is great, the spinning hammer is innovative as all heck, and it's a well produced piece. I'd just love it a lot more if Thor had a modern design. My favorite Thor is the Koto still.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #16
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Haha no I actually like Kotobukiya AND Bowen. I agree with you that this is as good as it gets with the classic Thor look but if they were to ever make a modern Thor version of this I would be all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Gods be merciful. The Bowenites have invaded! Go back to the forum from whence you came!

Action Thor is probably the best statue for a stand-alone display. It shines brightest with an innovative pose and one of the best Bowen bases. The only area where I'm not a fan is Thor himself. And a lot of it is the artistic style. Action Thor is a spot on portrayal of classic comics. My sensibilities have always skewed more modern and that brings me to...

I'm backing Cassio with Koto Thor. Terribly underrated piece and easily dismissed. I love his presence and the wealth of movement from a museum stance. Of all the three Thors, he displays BEST with a group in addition to on his own. And that cannot be understated because many of us show off Thor with his fellow Avengers. He's got the best size befitting a Norse god and Erick Sosa loaded him with as much detail as muscle.

Strikedown Thor. Well, I'll disagree with JP in that I doubt it will ever come close to either Koto or Action in value. Inherently, the statue has great value and deserves credit in its direction and execution. Looking from the outside, I can't see many people choosing it over the other Thors on the market. Unless maybe to complete a kick arse Thor diorama like JP's. Most collectors, if they get one Thor, will simply pay extra for the other choices. My prediction anyway.

I have no problem with people stating Action Thor is the best. Its reputation precedes it these days, and it's deserved. The pose is great, the spinning hammer is innovative as all heck, and it's a well produced piece. I'd just love it a lot more if Thor had a more modern design. My favorite Thor is the Koto still.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #17
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

1-Spinning Hammer
2- Koto
3- Strikedown
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #18
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

This would be the order I would put them in also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
1-Spinning Hammer
2- Koto
3- Strikedown
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:11 PM   #19
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
1-Spinning Hammer
2- Koto
3- Strikedown
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
This would be the order I would put them in also.
Yup.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:20 PM   #20
toe
Alpha Flight

no love for Koto Modern Thor?
toe is offline   Reply With Quote