Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-29-2018, 07:40 PM   #861
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Is there a price, dimensions, and release date on the XM one? To compare with the SSC one?
XM Mystique - $841 (USD)
SS Mystique - $570 (USD)

SS comes with 1 arm switch out, where XM's comes with 2 portraits and 6 arm switch outs. The base is also bigger on XM's... (EDIT: I forgot she also comes with the knife switch outs.. so you get 6 arms)

Now depending on where you live shipping can add a lot... $200-$300 shipping to get the XM to North America, if you live in the licensed areas then can probably just pick it up at a local store for free... SS shipping can be $20-$50 locally to $80-$120 overseas...

I don't think the official pre-order has started on XM's yet.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #862
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I've decided to get the XM version. I'm a casual buyer at this point with prices. I get 1 or 2 a year, I would rather spend $400 more and get one that's more limited and that I like better. When these were teased I was almost a lock for Mystique and Psylocke. Now its zero chance on Mystique and a 50% chance on a reg Psylocke.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #863
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

When the whole line was teased i remember being so hyped but now after the dust has settled i'm just bummed about the whole thing. X 23 met/exeeded my expectation atleast.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:34 PM   #864
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
When the whole line was teased i remember being so hyped but now after the dust has settled i'm just bummed about the whole thing. X 23 met/exeeded my expectation atleast.
that’s exactly how I feel. I was so excited and wanted all of them. Now with the art direction and drama I dropped all of them except maybe x-23. Watch some kind of last minute change get to it down the road. Wouldn’t be surprised if it happens at this point. I will wait to see production pics on x-23. Can’t afford another first red Sonja drama again.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #865
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
that’s exactly how I feel. I was so excited and wanted all of them. Now with the art direction and drama I dropped all of them except maybe x-23. Watch some kind of last minute change get to it down the road. Wouldn’t be surprised if it happens at this point. I will wait to see production pics on x-23. Can’t afford another first red Sonja drama again.
Lol I'm hoping they make a few changes to rogue, or it looks abit better to me on production side. I mean p1 are doing statue revisions long after statues have been up for order maybe SS will surprise us.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:07 PM   #866
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
XM Mystique - $841 (USD)
SS Mystique - $570 (USD)

SS comes with 1 arm switch out, where XM's comes with 2 portraits and 4 arm switch outs. The base is also bigger on XM's...

Now depending on where you live shipping can add a lot... $200-$300 shipping to get the XM to North America, if you live in the licensed areas then can probably just pick it up at a local store for free... SS shipping can be $20-$50 locally to $80-$120 overseas...

I don't think the official pre-order has started on XM's yet.
Aha, great info to know, thank you.

I'm in North America. Does SSC distribute XM? They distribute so much, I took it for granted that they played ball with all of the major studios.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:13 PM   #867
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Aha, great info to know, thank you.

I'm in North America. Does SSC distribute XM? They distribute so much, I took it for granted that they played ball with all of the major studios.
Nope, SSC and XM are kind of arch nemesis

If you don't have a Singapore contact, you can order from either of these two North American stores..

https://www.specfictionshop.com/coll...y-xm-studios-1

https://heroes-collectibles.com/coll...s-1-4-mystique
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:54 PM   #868
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Nope, SSC and XM are kind of arch nemesis

If you don't have a Singapore contact, you can order from either of these two North American stores..

https://www.specfictionshop.com/coll...y-xm-studios-1

https://heroes-collectibles.com/coll...s-1-4-mystique
Yikes! Also good to know! And bookmarking these links now.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:06 PM   #869
Demona
Martian Manhunter

While I am sure that SS is aware of the NA companies, it may not serve them well to advertise the ease of obtaining XM pieces through them in the SS section.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:59 PM   #870
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Lol I'm hoping they make a few changes to rogue, or it looks abit better to me on production side. I mean p1 are doing statue revisions long after statues have been up for order maybe SS will surprise us.
Sideshow won't change a thing. We know them by now. If it happens it won't be anything worth looking at. The last several changes to magneto, supergirl, psylocke is nothing significant. it was almost like no changes. I give up on the entire line except for x-23. Way too frustrating at this point. If tons of collectors do this they will feel the pain. The art direction ruins it for me and I see others say the same. Really wanted to force myself to like the rogue, and psylocke. But I give up on trying to force myself to like not at these prices. It's the next evolution in collecting. We all must be more picky.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote