Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #281
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Chill dude, Predator is a popcorn flick. It doesn't give away the meaning of the life or anything. Just an Alien hunting, collecting thropies on earth with its own code of honor and all.
I'd want to see a story like that. Learn more about their ways, their code as you put it. Or their culture, society, history. I doubt you'll see any of that in this new one. It will hunt sure, but we won't learn anything. The last 10 minutes of Predator 2 showed us a glimpse into what could be. At least they tried with the first AVP.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #282
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Chill dude, Predator is a popcorn flick. It doesn't give away the meaning of the life or anything. Just an Alien hunting, collecting thropies on earth with its own code of honor and all.
There is such a rich history with the comics. It's kinda a shame they haven't explored it more. I'm curious what was shot down idea wise from the studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I'd want to see a story like that. Learn more about their ways, their code as you put it. Or their culture, society, history. I doubt you'll see any of that in this new one. It will hunt sure, but we won't learn anything. The last 10 minutes of Predator 2 showed us a glimpse into what could be. At least they tried with the first AVP.
Agreed. It would be great to see the universe expanded. 30+ years running, we need more! The Super black predators was a dud. Lets see what they have this go around. As long as there is profit. Maybe a short TV series of a clan traveling the universe hunting or making a name for themselves.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:36 PM   #283
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Rofl ! Amen to that.

The real beauty of the original Predator is fantastic film making. Put all the fancy armor in and you are still gonna get a turd if the script, directing , music and editing isn’t upto scratch.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:08 PM   #284
qz33
Rescue

Most of the original movie's appeal is the mystique/ignorance of the Predator. Whatever revelations provided can't live up to the unrealized emotions of our imaginations.

It's a monster or horror movie. It's just plain hard to replicate.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:29 AM   #285
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Most of the original movie's appeal is the mystique/ignorance of the Predator. Whatever revelations provided can't live up to the unrealized emotions of our imaginations.

It's a monster or horror movie. It's just plain hard to replicate.
True ! The first time is always the best time.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #286
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Rofl ! Amen to that.

The real beauty of the original Predator is fantastic film making. Put all the fancy armor in and you are still gonna get a turd if the script, directing , music and editing isn’t upto scratch.
You've probably seen the excellent documentary on filming Predator but if you haven't it is really a must watch to see how everything came together. The initial costume for the predator was so bad that they had to go back and hire Winston to completely redo it.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #287
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
You've probably seen the excellent documentary on filming Predator but if you haven't it is really a must watch to see how everything came together. The initial costume for the predator was so bad that they had to go back and hire Winston to completely redo it.
Yeah I know abit about the whole debacle including Van Damme’s hissy fit.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #288
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Yeah I know abit about the whole debacle including Van Damme’s hissy fit.
tell us more!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #289
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Imagine running thru the jungle in a red lobster suit in that heat while a group of ppl are watching and filming you. Haha
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:18 AM   #290
JCSpeights
Doh!

"Imagine running thru the jungle in a red lobster suit in that heat while a group of ppl are watching and filming you. Haha"

Lol! That indeed sounds terrible.
JCSpeights is offline   Reply With Quote