Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2018, 10:58 AM   #2141
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Here is an observation of mine. I used to love Sideshow and wanted a good majority of their statues. I purchased a lot. Now, I dont really preorder anything from them, and even the things I say I will get once released, I pass on. For some reason, I have developed somewhat of a dislike for Sideshow, and I can't say it is for certain how they do these codes, but its probably part.

I started getting statues when they were just over $300. In that time, we got copious amounts of RP, discount codes that worked on preorders and other codes for in stock items. Over the last couple years, the statues have gone up a couple hundred dollars, RP points are scarce and they have gotten rid of most discounts. Their CS really hasn't changed and their statues might even be considered better, but my feelings towards them have declined. The main thing that has changed is how I perceive they view their customers.

I now buy more from other companies that have never offered me anything solely because I dont have a negative view of them yet.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #2142
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
If I was presented with two companies selling cookies:

1) Company One just sells cookies.

2) Company Two also sells cookies. Every now and again, they say, “hey, I have free cookies to give away. Let me know if you want one!” And I immediately reply, only to be told, “Ooooh, sorry. Too late. No cookie for you.” Other people get the cookies, but I don’t 95% of the time. And this happens over and over again.

In that scenario, I’m probably more inclined to buy from Company One as well, given a choice. In purely monetary terms, I’m better off with Company 2, because I occasionally get a free cookie. But you’re discounting the value of annoyance and perceived unfairness, which far outweigh (for me) whatever nominal monetary value I get from the sporadic free cookie.
Im sorry but this is absurd. I dont buy from Sideshow because they have raffles for Free Statues. I buy from them because of the Lines that they carry and the quality of their work. I spend 30 sec entering a drawing to win a free Statue. I dont think anything of it and probably wont win... who cares? HOWEVER... If I do win then GREAT! I now have a new FREE Statue. If not, no sweat off my shoulder...
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #2143
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

guess everyone is looking forward to the 2$ Codes at 3AM EST for 1min during Spooktakular ?
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #2144
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
Im sorry but this is absurd. I dont buy from Sideshow because they have raffles for Free Statues. I buy from them because of the Lines that they carry and the quality of their work. I spend 30 sec entering a drawing to win a free Statue. I dont think anything of it and probably wont win... who cares? HOWEVER... If I do win then GREAT! I now have a new FREE Statue. If not, no sweat off my shoulder...
I see the raffles as different. You enter those with an expectation that only one person will win, and everybody else won’t. And the prize (a statue) is non-trivial. I haven’t heard anybody here complain about the statue giveaways.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #2145
martineaumichae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
guess everyone is looking forward to the 2$ Codes at 3AM EST for 1min during Spooktakular ?
What I am looking forward to are the people who obviously do not read the forum title for the other page that is Codes only, and will post on it, triggering everyones email who set it up to be notified when someone post so a code, especially when that #am EST codes come by...

Also, I talked to them at Comic-Con about the code times and it is to accommodate people all around the world since they are internationally known.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #2146
martineaumichae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I see the raffles as different. You enter those with an expectation that only one person will win, and everybody else won’t. And the prize (a statue) is non-trivial. I haven’t heard anybody here complain about the statue giveaways.
My apologies. When I read your cookie thing, Since you said they sell cookies and hey I have a free cookie to give away, I took it as Sell statues and a free one to give away.

Yes reward codes can def be frustrating.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:56 AM   #2147
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Jeez some of you are so entitled.

If you aren't actually watching the stream, you don't deserve the code, they give them as an incentive for you to tune in and expand their social media reach. I was watching and suddenly my friend's Mum popped up as watching. Sure, she has no interest in statues, but next time, maybe it will get to someone who has an interest.

If you are watching the stream and use the dedicated Comic Con page/have your account pre-logged in there is a very small chance of you missing out.
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #2148
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDWalker View Post
Jeez some of you are so entitled.

If you aren't actually watching the stream, you don't deserve the code, they give them as an incentive for you to tune in and expand their social media reach. I was watching and suddenly my friend's Mum popped up as watching. Sure, she has no interest in statues, but next time, maybe it will get to someone who has an interest.

If you are watching the stream and use the dedicated Comic Con page/have your account pre-logged in there is a very small chance of you missing out.
This doesn't account for the 2 mins they allot you and the reduction for a $5/$10 RP to now a $2 RP.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #2149
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
This doesn't account for the 2 mins they a lot you and the reduction for a $5/$10 RP to now a $2 RP.
Let's be honest. These codes changed when they decided to dump so much money into these live shows and other advertising. Clearly they used the reduction in discounts as a way to help pay for more advertising. Sad part is, their sales are probably up, and I'm sure they are netting a lot more money than ever.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #2150
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

No one does anything for free, theres always a positive profit margin or they wouldn't do it.
Funny thing is too, PF prices started climbing (and still are) as the RP's were reducing.

Look, sure $2 is $2 more than I had, IF, I can get it in 2 mins LOL, that's the insult to injury.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote