Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-13-2020, 11:56 PM   #111
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
This is a shipping quote I got from Blitzway.

Blitzway_CS <csteam@blitzway.com>

2:49 AM (12 hours ago)

to me

Dear Customer,

We do ship to USA, but we cannot guarantee shipping fee at this moment, as EMS changes their conditions frequently.

Approximately, the shipping fee will be 100 USD to 200 USD,

and the exact shipping fee will be guided a week before the product release.

Best Regards,

Blitzway
$100 - $200 for shipping seems steep.

It's probably cheaper to buy from a store in the US that have it shipped from Asia - i don't know exactly how much but I'm pretty sure it will be less than $100.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:00 AM   #112
pdenham
Teen Titans

Timewalker is charging $15 to ship to the east coast.

They've also got the statue itself discounted $10, so the final net cost PO'ing form them with a deposit is only $5 more than the paid-in-full @ Spec Fic.

Skinny legs and stupid-fast, useless turntable aside, my resistance crumbled over the last few days.
The pose is just too iconic, and the head sculpt too nice from some prime angles, to get past this.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:06 AM   #113
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Big Bad Toy Store just put her up too. But, I'm perfectly happy with my deal with Spec Fiction. She's all paid for and will ship for free when she's released.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:55 PM   #114
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Tried to resist but couldn't since I passed on the first one. PO'd with Timewalker. Will look good on the shelf next to Ms. Stone.
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:03 AM   #115
nameivom
The Herculoids

In case anyone cares I got my order for one terrarium bell jar... shipment didn't include black wooden base and there is small air bubble spotting all over the glass with five scuff/scratch marks on the outer glass. Came with a sticker though, "hand blown in China." Not impressed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
the W on the current dome vase i have is under 10" so you might need the below for the white dress version. But considering that she's leaning forward so that need to be taken into account. Anyone got a shipping quote from Blitzway?

https://glassvasesdepot.com/20-decor...-base-gdo108wb
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:56 AM   #116
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
In case anyone cares I got my order for one terrarium bell jar... shipment didn't include black wooden base and there is small air bubble spotting all over the glass with five scuff/scratch marks on the outer glass. Came with a sticker though, "hand blown in China." Not impressed at all.
Are you going to request a refund or a replacement?
Old 10-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #117
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Are you going to request a refund or a replacement?
I think I will call them tomorrow and ask if they can tell me if all the stock is like that or not. I've found more even larger air bubbles (5 now) that doesn't include the smaller air bubbles and another surface scratch (rough spot). It is a shame because even without the wood base (which was on the packing slip but not in the box) gives the first Marilyn statue a pretty cool look. If anyone wants photos of what I received I can post some.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:37 PM   #118
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
I think I will call them tomorrow and ask if they can tell me if all the stock is like that or not. I've found more even larger air bubbles (5 now) that doesn't include the smaller air bubbles and another surface scratch (rough spot). It is a shame because even without the wood base (which was on the packing slip but not in the box) gives the first Marilyn statue a pretty cool look. If anyone wants photos of what I received I can post some.
Yes, please post.

Ideally I would like to get a large display cabinet to fit various statues along with Marilyn.

But these glass domes would be a good temporary solution or permanent for other statues.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:01 PM   #119
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
You only disagree because you’re unwilling or unable to take off your US-centric glasses. For the third and final time - honest. We’re talking worldwide iconicity.

‘I Love You Lucy’ was the first really big US sitcom, has enjoyed countless reruns over there and is constantly referenced. I get that. Like I said, it’s firmly ingrained in the US popular culture. That, I know. But the world doesn’t end in the USA.

Some things also make a splash elsewhere and others do not. Take the Three Stooges, for instance, who are virtually unknown around here. I like to post stuff on several non-English speaking European boards, too, and when I posted about the Infinite Abbot and Costello piece I had to keep telling people who those guys actually were.

‘I Love You Lucy’ is a 50’s black and white TV show which never aired in many countries. It didn’t in mine, and in France, for instance, it didn’t until this century, as filler in a privately owned channel “with a female and family focus”. Hardly the stuff of iconicity.

Again, so far Blitzway has aimed at figures that are truly iconic the world over: they released who’s indisputably the biggest female movie icon ever – twice. And then the other absolutely timeless female icon – Audrey.

Those two have graced posters and memorabilia all over the world ever since, and probably will long after we’re all dead, because they’re synonymous with cinema, same as King Kong at the top of the Empire State, and even the average Joe (both from the US and abroad) who’s not that much into movies or statues will recognize their iconicity and might want that for their living room. Which is what Blitzway are counting on. Same reason they did Bruce Lee, the Godfather, Rocky, and Elvis, and same reason they might take on, for better or worse, Chaplin, Groucho, Bogart, John Wayne, Bob Marley, Freddy Mercury or Michael Jackson, to mention just a few.

And yes, same reason they released Sharon Stone in ‘Basic Instinct’. Now, Stone isn’t iconic per se, but THAT scene? Come on, that scene is pure movie iconicity. It’s been almost three decades now and people still will goof around when sitting in a chair reminiscing that scene. They will keep showing it in future scene compilations, like De Niro saying “You talkin’ to me?” or Gene Kelly perched on a lamp post with his umbrella.

So, yes, no contest – Stone’s leg-crossing scene does not only have more worldwide iconicity than ‘I Love You Lucy’, it’s actually the only one of those two actually iconic the world over. Outside of perhaps our fellow members in Canada, the UK and down under, it’s hard to find iconic what you don’t actually know.

Hell, I’m not exactly a youngster, and I’ve always been a movie buff – a ‘real’ one, not just genre movies, and even though I have seen a few Lucille Ball movies, I had to look the “vitameatavegamin” scene up on YouTube myself.

That said, here's hoping either Infinite or Tweeterhead do release a statue of her for those of you who find her iconic.
Enough with the word "iconic" and every offshoot of it...
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:04 PM   #120
pdenham
Teen Titans

Iconic is the new nasolabial.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote