Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-22-2020, 11:58 AM   #11
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I own Storm Shadow and love it so I'm very disappointed where this line is going (or not going).
Same here. I’m super pissed.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:00 PM   #12
MegatronG1
The X-Men

At this rate, every statue line will shrink to preserve margins. I can't believe people call the Iron Studios 1/10 line a steal, when they're pushing $200 each. You're paying more proportionally for less, and they have no room presence.

I won't judge until we see prices. That will make or break the line. But really, GI Joe fans mostly care about their vintage toys more than anything.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #13
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes I read that in 2008 when F4F bailed on their Joe line that Joe and TF collectors love their figures and not statues. I was so upset when they bailed. This is just another company to do that.

PCS CG MOD stated this about PR line, less people bought with each new release, so why would PCS make more stuff

I am almsot out of collecting so if another company did get the 1/4 license again I wont be collecting to get them

To think IS 1/10 are almost as much as I use to get SSC PFs at BBTS. First Darth Maul PF, Jedi Luke, Scout, CT got those at $200.00 when they came out
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #14
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
At this rate, every statue line will shrink to preserve margins. I can't believe people call the Iron Studios 1/10 line a steal, when they're pushing $200 each. You're paying more proportionally for less, and they have no room presence.

I won't judge until we see prices. That will make or break the line. But really, GI Joe fans mostly care about their vintage toys more than anything.

I agree. Those Iron Studios statues are really nice but not worth the price. Not even close. But I’ll keep praying that PCS continues the Joe line. I need Snake Eyes and Firefly.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #15
MegatronG1
The X-Men

All three up at BBTS $54.99 each. Not bad but still CG renders. May be in for a Storm Shadow if the paint is good.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:09 PM   #16
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
All three up at BBTS $54.99 each. Not bad but still CG renders. May be in for a Storm Shadow if the paint is good.
I know this is finicky but I'm not pre-ordering anything despot or not if the the company can't even offer up a painted prototype. What are we buying customs now? Maybe its just me being salty that their 1/4th line is on life support but I would think they would at least offer up prototypes of PVC figures.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #17
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Oh I agree with you. I don't PO anything anymore unless it's 2-3 months away and it's for less risky stuff like Hot Toys. PCS burned up a lot of goodwill towards collectors with this and other lines. They pivot directions and they just don't communicate. I don't do FB so I don't care about an invite only group. Even so I don't think they say much there either.

Putting up a PO of an unfinished CG render for a license whose flagship scale is currently being abandoned reeks of desperation.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #18
craigcliff1
Zot

What I love is comapnes, that's any of these companies they make a big thing when they get a license, but when they aren't making stuff they make it like a national secret. They just want to let people forget abiut line. Would have liked these but it;s no super bigge,
fotr me it's that Devasator might not released
Old 07-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #19
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Not excited for this line at all. The renders aren't wowing me so chances are the physical pieces won't either. They start with typical characters that most Joe lines have so no big deal with the roster. If they'd gone with Spirit instead of Snake Eyes and Major Bludd instead of Cobra Commander I would've been like WHOA these guys are serious and plan to go deep. Plus at this DST type of price point if you're just showing renders then why not reveal like 8 characters right away? This seems like an after thought and nothing feels planned out.

I'm not writing this off just yet but PCS has got some work to do before I can really take the line seriously.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #20
craigcliff1
Zot

I wont get with the scale and they are PVC, can't give me PVC. If people get them they can do many charcters.