Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #51
Qosby
Doh!

I expect the Star Destroyer (if it ever makes it to market) will be sold in numbers less than 250, maybe even less than 100. They'll definitely sell out fast and skyrocket in value. I imagine a lot of sacrifices will have to be made for production. There's so many undercuts and details on the original filming miniature that would need to be filled in for the EFX bird to withstand injection molding or casting.

I think a collector wanting an unlicensed one-off build would pay $20-25K for one, easily. So the price tag is not bad imo. The big question is if people want to indirectly support as shady a character as Steve Neicen (heard so many horror stories over the years). Some people are saying he's built his entire enterprise on float funding, taking payment for kits he very rarely ever ships unless you happen to be one of his friends or partners. Makes you wait until Paypal buyer protection expires, then ignores you until you publicly shame him. Like this poor fella on the Replica Prop Forum:

After the debacle with the scout helmet, good luck anticipating folks are going to feel trusting enough to put down a fat wad of cash for the preorder.

Some examples of less than satisfied customers on EFX's Facebook page:

Qosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:07 PM   #52
clutch
Sailor Moon

I got a probot kit from Steve no problem.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:19 PM   #53
Qosby
Doh!

That's great, you're very lucky. For every customer that gets their stuff, 4 or 5 others seem to fall through the cracks and get put on the back burner while he prioritizes on bigger money-makers with EFX.

His resin caster, Mike Salso has a vastly better track record for shipping things out to Steve's customers that Steve himself was supposed to deliver. It looks like some pressure's been put on him lately
and folks are finally getting some refunds issued after 2-3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I got a probot kit from Steve no problem.
Qosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:08 AM   #54
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

There are a couple threads on both Rebelscum and RPF describing the issues people had with Steve. Not encouraging...

BTW not quite sure about the EFX Star Destroyers to sell out fast and skyrocket in value. They are VERY big, shipping would be a problem to almost all international customers (also considering the damage replacements), quite expensive at $5000 plus shipping (and taxes some times), and even with the new Star Wars movies coming, the prop replicas and studio scale market is not that big, it is more like a niche market.

IMO EFX should have considered making a smaller Star Destroyer. But I have my doubts this big one will ever see the light of day and be in production and available to customers. Just look at how long it takes for EFX to make the Sc0out helmets. he Destroyer is so much difficult to build properly to fit the standards.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #55
clutch
Sailor Moon

It's another show piece. Or should I say showoff piece. I'm still pissed that the full set of TK armor will probably never see the light of day.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:19 PM   #56
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
There are a couple threads on both Rebelscum and RPF describing the issues people had with Steve. Not encouraging...

BTW not quite sure about the EFX Star Destroyers to sell out fast and skyrocket in value. They are VERY big, shipping would be a problem to almost all international customers (also considering the damage replacements), quite expensive at $5000 plus shipping (and taxes some times), and even with the new Star Wars movies coming, the prop replicas and studio scale market is not that big, it is more like a niche market.

IMO EFX should have considered making a smaller Star Destroyer. But I have my doubts this big one will ever see the light of day and be in production and available to customers. Just look at how long it takes for EFX to make the Sc0out helmets. he Destroyer is so much difficult to build properly to fit the standards.
I personally have an EFX shield had an issue with the hardware and of course still have the issue, over 10 emails ignored finally after a daily barrage for a month got, sorry nothing we can do. I will NEVER buy another efx item no matter how nice it is
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:48 AM   #57
jkno4u

Red face

Quote:
It's another show piece. Or should I say showoff piece. I'm still pissed that the full set of TK armor will probably never see the light of day.
Maybe, but what is important is that certain people had access to the Archives and to original molds for their own collections. Maybe that was all about in the first place...
Old 08-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #58
clutch
Sailor Moon

Perks of being in the right place at the right time. I won't fault him for that. You'd do the same thing.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:52 AM   #59
jkno4u

Quote:
Perks of being in the right place at the right time. I won't fault him for that. You'd do the same thing.
When that might be the only reason for the existence of EFX I don't see it as being right (nor legal). Otherwise he would be gloating all over the web showing the unaltered casts he obtained this way - isn't that the reason he sold his "ultimate, the best of the best, blah blah" previous Vader lid? And you don't know me, so don't assume I'd do the same.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #60
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

To be honest I am a little surprised that a company like Disney would allow a company to utilize their IP's in such a manner. I am one of the lucky ones that got a flawless Cap shield off the initial shipment after the full payment. Having said that I totally appreciate the frustrations of others dealing with eFx
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote