Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-10-2020, 06:49 AM   #4481
French Cancan
Deadman

Yes. One of the very rare psyblade X-Force variant... Unbelievable.

Me too. But first we have to nuke all the zombies between us and the psyblade.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #4482
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
So what happens when everyone gets theres safely by now. And they have like 30-40 extra pieces left? They would trash them so I guess they would sell them? The part alone could fetch 200.00 plus at minimum. SS should just do a random drawing to ship them to buyers of the x-force. It would make people happy.
It would only make people happy who got one.

Realistically they didn’t make 150 of the piece, they only made enough for however many Psylocke’s they made replacements for. We don’t know how many that was. Could’ve been 30-40 that were replaced, like CBG guesstimated...Maybe 50...I doubt 90... I also doubt 10. I think it’s safe to assume most X-Force Psylockes were not defective, but enough were faulty that SS saw fit to replace entire statues and all parts instead of just sending specific replacement parts out, which is a pretty big deal.

Since we know the psyblade was a factory accident, and we know they only made enough for the Psylockes that were fully replaced, there was just no way everybody was going to be satisfied from this mistake. Even if they left the remainder of the psyblades in the boxes, all of the people who were lucky enough to not have any issues with their X-Force Psylocke would still be unlucky because they never had a chance to get the psyblade.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:26 PM   #4483
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I didn't want to admit this, because it pissed me off so much, and really left a bad taste with sideshow. It still pissing me off and tried to escalate and gave bad feedback all around.

I got lucky with and got one of the Psyblades, but sadly ended up having chips on the base and arm. Asked for a replacement, thinking they would send me back the Psyblade cause that was for those who waited. Not realizing they would send me one without it and telling me it was a mistake and tough luck. So i could have had an ultra rare Psylocke blade but because of further issues with there replacements i was dumb and got screwed out of it. If they had told me if i sent it back i wouldn't get it back i would have just dealt with it.

So not only did I have to get X-force Psylocke replaced 3 times, even the 3rd one didn't sit flush the way it should have. So pretty much the whole X-force Psylocke fiasco was a supremely upsetting, after all the cash I spend with them. Honestly had bought the regular Psylocke which had base issues as well, sold it cause i figured why have two Psylocke's.

Sideshow didn't do anything else, just told me to go pound sand and there hands were tied. This would be the worse customer experience i ever had with them, and see why so many people have a strong dislike for them. I try to be pretty reasonable with there mistakes but this one made me so mad.

Moral of the story if SS sends a mistake in your favor never send it back no matter what, cause once you send them something its lost forever.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:03 PM   #4484
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I didn't want to admit this, because it pissed me off so much, and really left a bad taste with sideshow. It still pissing me off and tried to escalate and gave bad feedback all around.

I got lucky with and got one of the Psyblades, but sadly ended up having chips on the base and arm. Asked for a replacement, thinking they would send me back the Psyblade cause that was for those who waited. Not realizing they would send me one without it and telling me it was a mistake and tough luck. So i could have had an ultra rare Psylocke blade but because of further issues with there replacements i was dumb and got screwed out of it. If they had told me if i sent it back i wouldn't get it back i would have just dealt with it.

So not only did I have to get X-force Psylocke replaced 3 times, even the 3rd one didn't sit flush the way it should have. So pretty much the whole X-force Psylocke fiasco was a supremely upsetting, after all the cash I spend with them. Honestly had bought the regular Psylocke which had base issues as well, sold it cause i figured why have two Psylocke's.

Sideshow didn't do anything else, just told me to go pound sand and there hands were tied. This would be the worse customer experience i ever had with them, and see why so many people have a strong dislike for them. I try to be pretty reasonable with there mistakes but this one made me so mad.

Moral of the story if SS sends a mistake in your favor never send it back no matter what, cause once you send them something its lost forever.
Yea that really is crappy. Let me ask you this, at what point did you find out that the 2nd replacement would NOT have the psyblade? Was it after you already shipped it back? Because that stinks. If it was before, and you assumed the new replacement would also have it because the one you currently have did, then I would not have took that risk ha. I would have kept it as is. Either way it stinks so sorry to hear that.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #4485
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I’d have conveniently left that part out of the box. Wasn’t supposed to be there anyway and it was known pretty early they were nixing it.

I believe it’s been said before, but replacements are somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-5% of a run. That’s what they would have had on hand originally or 3-7 full replacements. So for them to do a new run, it had to exceed the threshold by a fair amount. I’d assume at least 20% qualified for replacement. But even then your only talking 30 pieces. Since not everyone got one, I’d peg the number with the psyblade that actually shipped out to be closer to 10.

So when you consider that, there was no way they were going to pay for another 120 (assuming 30 came in) to be made for a part they they didn’t order or advertise to begin with when so few actually got sent out.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #4486
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I’d have conveniently left that part out of the box. Wasn’t supposed to be there anyway and it was known pretty early they were nixing it.

I believe it’s been said before, but replacements are somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-5% of a run. That’s what they would have had on hand originally or 3-7 full replacements. So for them to do a new run, it had to exceed the threshold by a fair amount. I’d assume at least 20% qualified for replacement. But even then your only talking 30 pieces. Since not everyone got one, I’d peg the number with the psyblade that actually shipped out to be closer to 10.

So when you consider that, there was no way they were going to pay for another 120 (assuming 30 came in) to be made for a part they they didn’t order or advertise to begin with when so few actually got sent out.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:20 PM   #4487
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Well congrats to the collectors who got the sideshow ultra rare complete x-force psylocke exclusive. They should number those to a different ES since they are more rare.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:43 PM   #4488
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post

Exactly. We don’t know the exact numbers with this but you used very logical estimates.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #4489
VinnyCap
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just had my waitlist convert for the collector edition.
VinnyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #4490
Bad Protocol
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyCap View Post
Just had my waitlist convert for the collector edition.
Congrats!

Out of curiosity..how long did you wait?
Bad Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote