Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #31
Babytoxie
Ghost

Season Three is currently running on Cartoon Network, and I just watched what I think is the final episode. The backstory involving the conquistadors, Crystal Cove, and Nibiru has come to a head, and while a heavy HP Lovecraft cosmic horror plot doesn't feel right for a bunch of "meddling kids" who normally expose fake monsters, the conclusion was excellent. Overall, I'm very happy with this show. Hanna-Barbera has completely rejuvenated Scoob and the gang.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #32
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Season Three is currently running on Cartoon Network, and I just watched what I think is the final episode. The backstory involving the conquistadors, Crystal Cove, and Nibiru has come to a head, and while a heavy HP Lovecraft cosmic horror plot doesn't feel right for a bunch of "meddling kids" who normally expose fake monsters, the conclusion was excellent. Overall, I'm very happy with this show. Hanna-Barbera has completely rejuvenated Scoob and the gang.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #33
MrYac
Hercules

never seen the show before, but I caught 2 episodes yesterday where they fought a giant man eating demon, and it was kinda cool, but then Scooby started talking and explaining things in full sentences and they had a horrible cop out ending where the gang decides to go to mystery college or something, so I was disappointed

"we've created a world without mysteries, what a horrible place to live" really fred?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #34
Babytoxie
Ghost

That was Miskatonic University, which is straight from HP Lovecraft's horror stories. Also, that was really Harlan Ellison voicing his character. Both elements were introduced in earlier episodes, so it was cool to see it come full circle.

That final scene of them driving off with the laugh track felt like they were completely rebooting the series. If none of their previous mysteries had occurred, then maybe the next episode of Mystery Inc. is the first episode of the classic series. I suppose that puts their original adventures in perspective, relative to the other teams.

I never thought I'd have to put this much analysis into Scooby-Doo.

???
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #35
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
That was Miskatonic University, which is straight from HP Lovecraft's horror stories. Also, that was really Harlan Ellison voicing his character. Both elements were introduced in earlier episodes, so it was cool to see it come full circle.

That final scene of them driving off with the laugh track felt like they were completely rebooting the series. If none of their previous mysteries had occurred, then maybe the next episode of Mystery Inc. is the first episode of the classic series. I suppose that puts their original adventures in perspective, relative to the other teams.

I never thought I'd have to put this much analysis into Scooby-Doo.

???
Think we're all a little touched that way towards different things. I've spent hours time-lining Planet of the apes' movies.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #36
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Just watched the last two episodes this morning with my 11 year old. I thought it was a really good episode, I hope they do continue the series. It was neat to see all the three seasons come together.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote