Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-04-2015, 10:30 AM   #31
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Machismo View Post
I don't mind the bike. Sure, an armoury would be cool, but it has presence and I appreciate that it hasn't been done before. My issue with this is that the sculptor is clearly unfamiliar with the source material, and XM dropped the ball on acknowledging this in art direction. I feel this is a repeat of the unmasked Daredevil head. Modernizing the characters is great and all, but stay true to who they are, switch-out piece or not.

This is not Frank Castle. He doesn't tolerate bangs, nor does he relax on his bike as he waits for his woman outside the diner. This is more akin to the Fonz than Castle.

That said, adjust the hair, get rid of the Dolph likeness and switch the relaxed arm for a hand clenched to the handlebar, and we're getting closer to what this should be.

For now, I'm on the fence with this piece. Make the needed adjustments so this screams Castle, and XM has a buyer in me.
So Punisher never takes a dump and read the paper....or watch tv while he is eating dinner....or maybe screw a chick doggy style once in a while. Come on! It's like....if he isn't shown taking a dump with a 45 in his hand then it aint Frank Castle.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #32
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

yeah i don't think a motocycle punisher is ideal. can keep it simple with a bullet holed wall, bullet shells everywhere, and a ton of switch out weapons. done and done.
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #33
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Let's have some faith in XM Studios everyone. Things change from concept art to 3D sculpt. Case in point.....

From this:

To this:

Granted everyone is not in agreement with the look but XM does try to and make everyone happy.

Give the creative process a chance. Constructive criticism is fine but let's not get ugly about it. This is hobby and these are characters we are passionate about; so it's understandable when we see something that doesn't match the image in our heads we react. Like I said, let us have some faith in XM Studios.
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #34
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I am so SICK AND TIRED of the SAME OLD PUNISHER STANDING UP WITH GUN IN HAND.
Likewise...I'm totally diggin' the direction they're taking.

rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #35
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't like the bike idea. I can't afford XM but thought I put my 2 cents in since I'm a fan of their work.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #36
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post
Let's have some faith in XM Studios everyone. Things change from concept art to 3D sculpt. Case in point.....

From this:

To this:

Granted everyone is not in agreement with the look but XM does try to and make everyone happy.

Give the creative process a chance. Constructive criticism is fine but let's not get ugly about it. This is hobby and these are characters we are passionate about; so it's understandable when we see something that doesn't match the image in our heads we react. Like I said, let us have some faith in XM Studios.
Exactly! XM will look at the comments, tweak and give us something awesome that the majority will be very happy with.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #37
qz33
Doctor Doom

Bike is awesome boys.

Punisher and GhostRider (since this seems to be the co-topic of this thread) have been done aplenty. If you want simplicity get one of those.

Looking towards the future I want statues that are Blazin' Amazin' and I'm glad XM realizes that bases are a huge factor.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #38
CassioSCCP
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I hate it. This is not Frank Castle... hanging around with his bike...
CassioSCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #39
toe
Alpha Flight

Not the Punisher I know. Pass. Looks like something Gentle Giant would do. Doesn't scream XM at all.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #40
A R E S
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post

From this:

To this:
Bad example imho, since that piece went from classic spot on Kraven, to your everyday cargo pants and boots dude. The face had character and emotion, now everything gone.

But granted, maybe xm goes the other way here.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote