Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #501
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Damn that Sub Zero looked ---- in those pics glad I cancelled ...Hoping my Scorpion is better as well but prob not...This was my final pcs order ,I'll stick with ECC and Prime 1 now other companies like Queen Studio's are also making great stuff why bother with sub standard products....Kind of a shame really Goro 1/3 turned out great same with Conan and Kintaro but these look cheap ...If I'd seen this vid I'd have cancelled my Scorpion Ap.too and used the money on Prime 1 preds.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #502
apellica
The Herculoids

That Sub-Zero looks terrible. It has a similar paint job as the original Raiden (which I ended up returning). This doesn’t look like it came from the same factory as the 1/3 statues either; like Kitana, Goro, Mileena, etc.

MKX Scorp and Sub-Zero are my last pieces from PCS and I was hoping they would come out decent as I like the costume design on them very much.

They definitely will be returned if that truly is the quality. What absolute crap.....

P.S. What is with the "freckled skin look"? I've seen other statues by them using that same type of skin tone.....looks awful.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #503
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Alright, so...apparently someone with the collector's sub zero has the eyes and mask lighting up. Have to really press it down. So, that's cool.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #504
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by How2TrainKaiju View Post
Sub-Zero portrait paint app isn't so hot: https://www.screencast.com/t/IGjzfmJg0 (credit: Gootch 007 on Youtube)

After 3 years, having to pay an artist to repaint something warrants a discount, imo. Free shipping or something.
What a piece of junk!!!

SHAME PCS, SHAME!!!

Looks like a child painting in a party room...

Waiting 3 years for this? Please someone else, any company, take the MK license, please!
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:05 PM   #505
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I wish more videos and pics would do close up inspections of the portraits. It seems like a lot of photos on FB and Instagram are avoiding the faces.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #506
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Just when I thought the paint on the SSC Lion-0 exclusive head was the worst thing I've seen. "Hold my beer"-PCS
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #507
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well, I asked Sideshow to put a delay on both shipments. Time to think it over. I've had good luck with them transferring my NRDs to other items, so that may be worth exploring.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:55 PM   #508
No1
The Avengers

The statues looks amateur, all flat painting, no care in the details, I see 1/10 scale statues with a better face painting.

They said, "looks good for a 450$ 1/4 scale statue". That logic is wrong, 450$ is the price for 3 years ago, when this for a 1/4 statue was the standard.

Think about it, you pay someone let´s say 700$ today to make good a 1/4 statue, he make a beautiful model, making justice of the price. Then he wait for 3 years to START to produce it, do you really think that he would be abble to delivery the same quality with the same money 3 years after?

I think something like this happened here.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #509
Biggunz
Loki

I'm sorry guys. For this big piece of crap
Pcs never learns. They do 1 ok statue every 10 crappy ones
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #510
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm still going through with the orders...see what I get.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote