Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-26-2018, 08:16 PM   #9641
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Just heard back about the grime in the blue gem. Basically told me that supplies are limited and I need to live with it, get $100.00 towards my next purchase or return Thanos for a full refund.
I've escalated it to a manager and I hope to hear back from them tomorrow and see what a manager will say.
If I wanted money I would have flipped this statue a long time ago. I don't understand why sideshow can't see that some of us don't want money. We just want to display a piece with ease of mind and with pride.

Holy Jeebus. I'm this close to taking back everything I've said about Sideshow's customer support.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:28 AM   #9642
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Just heard back about the grime in the blue gem. Basically told me that supplies are limited and I need to live with it, get $100.00 towards my next purchase or return Thanos for a full refund.
I've escalated it to a manager and I hope to hear back from them tomorrow and see what a manager will say.
If I wanted money I would have flipped this statue a long time ago. I don't understand why sideshow can't see that some of us don't want money. We just want to display a piece with ease of mind and with pride.

Holy Jeebus. I'm this close to taking back everything I've said about Sideshow's customer support.
Any chance you have a photo of the issue?
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:58 AM   #9643
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Any chance you have a photo of the issue?
Few pages back. 4K pics in Post #9606
Old 03-27-2018, 03:37 AM   #9644
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Only reason why SS customer support would be better than others is because they've had so much practice.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #9645
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
If you are buying it locally, have it inspected before paying for it. I do when I buy a statue at my LCS.
Local is a big word, more like 'from a shop in a neighboring country with good shipping quotes.'
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #9646
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Only reason why SS customer support would be better than others is because they've had so much practice.
After two flawed pieces back to back on a small and easy to replace portion of the statue... I believe you. I doubt they even look at what they're sending.

Thus is what I got from the returns coordinator.

Quote:
Dear ****

Thank you for your follow-up and pictures. I am sad to hear that you are not satisfied with the Gauntlet you received. However, please know that all of the recent stock we have received has been thoroughly inspected, and as such, the replacement Infinity Gauntlet sent to you is the best possible one we can provide you. We do not have another replacement at this time that would be a considerable difference. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause you.

If you would like to keep your statue as is, we can offer you the $100.00 Sideshow credit as compensation. This credit is free and clear of restrictions, and can be used on any existing order or future purchase. Please be aware that accepting this credit will close your inquiry, so you cannot ask for an additional replacement/exchange/refund for this issue after taking this credit offer.

If you are completely not satisfied with the figure, please let me know and I can set you up with a return for a full refund.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via my phone number, ****
Old 03-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #9647
Y3E
Gen 13

Tell the CS since s/he said "We do not have another replacement at this time" you are willing to wait for better replacements as you hear they are getting more (from others waiting for replacements)
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #9648
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Tell the CS since s/he said "We do not have another replacement at this time" you are willing to wait for better replacements as you hear they are getting more (from others waiting for replacements)
Yeah just got off a call with the coordinator. We had a bit of a talk and he did push for the return or refund but I wouldn't take no for an answer. Eventually he said he would put me back on the waitlist and send me a replacement gauntlet from a damaged piece if they get one (not guaranteed)...may be sometime in June. I was okay with that.

Never thought I would have to push this hard with sideshow customer service. Past transactions have always been smooth and easy. Especially with the amount of money I spend with them. Lol

Thanos must be giving them a hard time with all the QC issues. Hopefully this is a learning experience for sideshow on how to handle overpriced pieces in the future. Got to get that QC on point.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #9649
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Yeah just got off a call with the coordinator. We had a bit of a talk and he did push for the return or refund but I wouldn't take no for an answer. Eventually he said he would put me back on the waitlist and send me a replacement gauntlet from a damaged piece if they get one (not guaranteed)...may be sometime in June. I was okay with that.

Never thought I would have to push this hard with sideshow customer service. Past transactions have always been smooth and easy. Especially with the amount of money I spend with them. Lol

Thanos must be giving them a hard time with all the QC issues. Hopefully this is a learning experience for sideshow on how to handle overpriced pieces in the future. Got to get that QC on point.
Good to hear.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:52 PM   #9650
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

Your issue is honestly laughable. Myself and many others are sitting here with a completely broken statue and you're crying over "paint flakes" in a gem, ridiculous.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote