Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #1011
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Why is she licking the sword? Like, what's going on there?
Most likely getting off at tasting the blood of her fallen foes and victims! It makes sense to me as that's what's I'd be doing if I was her

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:13 AM   #1012
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think that if you're staring at her hair color long enough to have this debate, you're missing out on some of the best parts of the remainder of the statue.

And why do people think redheads are called "Carrot Tops"? Carrots aren't flaming red, they are orange/brown.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #1013
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Most likely getting off at tasting the blood of her fallen foes and victims! It makes sense to me as that's what's I'd be doing if I was her

Sarah
Remind me to never get on your bad side.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:53 AM   #1014
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

One thing I noticed on the live show but I didnt notice from the SDCC pics is the full blood splat on her sword from her personally severing that head. Seems like she saved that for last after her epic battle, wiped the blade clean and then took the head of her enemy. I love when you can find something new in a statue you haven't seen before and it helps with more storytelling of the statue. You can see the sword splat at the 10:40 mark of the liveshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61j1dD1q8A
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:13 PM   #1015
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
One thing I noticed on the live show but I didnt notice from the SDCC pics is the full blood splat on her sword from her personally severing that head. Seems like she saved that for last after her epic battle, wiped the blade clean and then took the head of her enemy. I love when you can find something new in a statue you haven't seen before and it helps with more storytelling of the statue. You can see the sword splat at the 10:40 mark of the liveshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61j1dD1q8A
My 10-year-old son and I were looking at the statue at SDCC and he turned to me and said, "Dad, you're going to have to cover the severed head or mom's gonna freak." Then he looked again and said, "Oops, you're gonna have to cover the sword, too."
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #1016
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
My 10-year-old son and I were looking at the statue at SDCC and he turned to me and said, "Dad, you're going to have to cover the severed head or mom's gonna freak." Then he looked again and said, "Oops, you're gonna have to cover the sword, too."
Hahaha that is priceless! My wife isnt a fan of the head and the blood either. She doesn't like the Kier CotD statue I have because of her arms and legs covered in blood. But Im going to be displaying them together so Ill have to cover the whole shelf
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #1017
Haruffin
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| View Post
I said it was crude. I know how to manually calibrate displays with colorimeters and I know about color standards. No one knows for sure except SS and the artist that painted it. I’m not about to analyze every photo of it but everyone of them looks similar enough. Yes lighting can impact the colors. I get it that it’s “Red” Sonja, it’s a minor complaint compared to how amazing this piece is. You’ve talked enough of your disappointment in this thread about the print and hair color how about moving on to something you do like or QQ and make your own RS?
I thought this was a forum for discussion on statues? I've said several compliments about the statue, and think the portrait is amazing. I've tried to be constructive in my criticism (tweak the hair color, change the lighting a bit in the print), certainly been more topical than telling people what to post, or talking about how hot my wife is.

And QQ, really, is this 2012?
Haruffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #1018
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post

Sarah
It happens from time to time when you are a badass.

Off topic!!!

Last edited by #Brian; 08-26-2017 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Forum is full of a holes
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #1019
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruffin View Post
I thought this was a forum for discussion on statues? ...., or talking about how hot my wife is.

Yes, made me look like a real DB!
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #1020
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruffin View Post
I thought this was a forum for discussion on statues? I've said several compliments about the statue, and think the portrait is amazing. I've tried to be constructive in my criticism (tweak the hair color, change the lighting a bit in the print), certainly been more topical than telling people what to post, or talking about how hot my wife is.

Apparently it’s also forum to complain about fun crude analysis of color sampling from photos of the statues hair color (which isn’t up to your standards) or how glicee is ejactulating. You didn’t have to dump on my post. I also didn’t have to respond so after this one I’ll ignore ya, have a good day sir.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote