Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-26-2021, 06:17 AM   #521
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton.Chunky View Post
Statue Fanatic from YouTube had their Beast show up with a missing fang, and others in the chat complained about paint issues.
No Fang.... My goodness I'd be enraged. I remember when a poster here got their 1/6 scale lobo and one of the portraits had no tongue. The take away is, the QC is fine and people here just like to ----- and whine... Amirite?

Mine has some problems with paint app too but it's on the back of his arm and he is on a high shelf, so you can't really see it but it's far from the point. These are so expensive, the QC should be far far better than it is. Im lucky that my wife is a very good painter and artist, so it's something we can fix if we really wanted but why should anyone have to modify a piece that already cost us over a grand, plus shipping?

But as I've said so many times now, they are pushing these in order to rush to market and then jacking up the price as a result. I'm very glad i only have two XM pieces left on order, after that, the piece will need to rock my world for me to even consider giving XM my money.

That or actually increase the product with the price. I don't have any issue paying more for higher quality, in fact that's what I usually gravitate towards. But what really grinds my gears is getting worse quality, for a higher cost. For "reasons" that don't pass the smell test.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 11:07 AM   #522
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
No Fang.... My goodness I'd be enraged. I remember when a poster here got their 1/6 scale lobo and one of the portraits had no tongue. The take away is, the QC is fine and people here just like to ----- and whine... Amirite?

Mine has some problems with paint app too but it's on the back of his arm and he is on a high shelf, so you can't really see it but it's far from the point. These are so expensive, the QC should be far far better than it is. Im lucky that my wife is a very good painter and artist, so it's something we can fix if we really wanted but why should anyone have to modify a piece that already cost us over a grand, plus shipping?

But as I've said so many times now, they are pushing these in order to rush to market and then jacking up the price as a result. I'm very glad i only have two XM pieces left on order, after that, the piece will need to rock my world for me to even consider giving XM my money.

That or actually increase the product with the price. I don't have any issue paying more for higher quality, in fact that's what I usually gravitate towards. But what really grinds my gears is getting worse quality, for a higher cost. For "reasons" that don't pass the smell test.
Yes, if you're talking to shills like Grumpy Bear.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:30 PM   #523
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Ups, wrong thread.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:15 AM   #524
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Psylocke came in yesterday! Sorry for the 24 hrs late post.. Was busy..

Some quick pics of Psylocke, taken by my phone from yesterday.

My thoughts in following post.

I'm also gonna post a few long posts below with hi-res pictures taken from my camera.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:18 AM   #525
austintheng

First impression, beautiful portraits in my eyes. Well, given how I was ok with the normal expressions of her in both portraits with the initial PO pics, I can live with that, as long as she looks like a woman and not manly (SS). So, I am not the type of collector that would critic a piece until very bad unless it's really that bad.

I can't decide which is my go-to portrait because both looks beautiful to me!

I really like the overall design of this statue. Yes, the base is busy but at least to me, there is a clear line of separation & negative space between the base and Psylocke.. The only part that eats into the line of her is the machine that wraps around her leg, but I think that is so cool though!! I don't know why, but whenever I see this whole design, it kinda gives me that vibe of 'Sexiness in action'.. (Nothing to do with hentai) ��

1) Regarding the hairline paint on the sleeked back portrait (the Asian-looking one), it does have that same paint apps issue occurring. Would have been a quick solution for the XM painters to touch up using a very thin fine-brush to cover up that skintone colour spill.

2) Regarding the eye shadow paint, it is there! Looking at it in person, it's there. It's not flat. So there's conture around her face. Pictures doesn't do this justice. You gotta look at it in person.

3) Nothing's wrong with the shoulders too. All good with mine!

Posting a few posts down below of hi-res pics... Stay tuned!
Old 11-27-2021, 05:22 AM   #526
austintheng

Post #1/4

Old 11-27-2021, 05:24 AM   #527
austintheng

Post #2/4

Old 11-27-2021, 05:27 AM   #528
austintheng

Post #3/4

Old 11-27-2021, 05:27 AM   #529
austintheng

Post #4/4

Old 11-27-2021, 07:01 AM   #530
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Congratulations on Psylocke.
From what I see in your photos, Psylocke looks pretty perfect
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote