Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #121
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Some of us have spoken to XM about this. The problem is, they can give you rough dates but there's no way to know problems and delays that may arise during production. If they give you rough dates and you plan your po's around them and then delays cause them all to ship together what then? Apparently last time they gave dates but then didn't meet them because of delays they copped a huge amount of abuse. Now they are very reluctant to do so again. It's a problem both ways.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:40 AM   #122
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Some of us have spoken to XM about this. The problem is, they can give you rough dates but there's no way to know problems and delays that may arise during production. If they give you rough dates and you plan your po's around them and then delays cause them all to ship together what then? Apparently last time they gave dates but then didn't meet them because of delays they copped a huge amount of abuse. Now they are very reluctant to do so again. It's a problem both ways.
All companies encounters exactly the same issue and shipping dates are moving but it's still important to know when it's supposed to be shipped.

If you know one statue will come in Q2 so ok be prepared for Q2..and another one for Q3..be prepared for Q3. and after XM says that the one supposed to be shipped in Q2 will be shipped also in Q3 np...cause i know i was supposed to be prepared to pay for Q2 and Q3.

If i know i have 3 pieces i want that are supposed to ship in Q3..i will maybe only choose 2 cause i know i won't be able to pay 3.. but if i have no info i will PO 3 and maybe have to cancel one and loose 300 EUR deposit ...If i knew i wouldn't have done the same choice

The fact is to know even rough dates is always better than know nothing..Customers needs to know the truth
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #123
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
All companies encounters exactly the same issue and shipping dates are moving but it's still important to know when it's supposed to be shipped.

If you know one statue will come in Q2 so ok be prepared for Q2..and another one for Q3..be prepared for Q3. and after XM says that the one supposed to be shipped in Q2 will be shipped also in Q3 np...cause i know i was supposed to be prepared to pay for Q2 and Q3.

If i know i have 3 pieces i want that are supposed to ship in Q3..i will maybe only choose 2 cause i know i won't be able to pay 3.. but if i have no info i will PO 3 and maybe have to cancel one and loose 300 EUR deposit ...If i knew i wouldn't have done the same choice

The fact is to know even rough dates is always better than know nothing..Customers needs to know the truth
I agree. A rough date or Quarter helps a collector plan out stuff. With PCS we just add a year to the expected ship date. LOL.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #124
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
With PCS we just add a year to the expected ship date. LOL.
Funny and sad all at the same time...
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #125
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I don't find expected release dates to be that important for a couple reasons:

1) XM has a 4 - 6 month released date from original time PO went up on website. So all one need do is mark a month on the calendar 6 months from the PO date. That's plenty of time to plan...so may get delayed due to whatever reasons. So in essence, XM has already laid out the release date more or less.

2) We can't get everything. So it becomes a most wanted scenario. I will give you an example....

I want the entire Batman Samurai line, Lady Sif, Beta Ray Bill, Predator, the entire Transformers line, all Top Cow products, Darth Maul, Luke Snowspeeder, Boba Fett, Morrigan from HMO, Lobo 1/3 from Prime 1, Superman Hush 1/3 from Prime 1, XM 1/6 DC line, Black Cat, select XM X-men characters like White Magneto, Storm, and Dark Phoenix.

However, I can't buy all that, so i have to eliminate my least wanted of my most wanted:

So, until I have money to buy any and / or everything I want, my list was edited down to this:

MUST BUY

All Transformers = #1 priority
Predator = #2 priority
Any and ALL Marvel Cosmic Characters (Lady Sif, Beta Ray Bill) = #3 priority

Any and everything else is stuff I will buy IF I have the money for it.

See how easy that is?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:57 PM   #126
Joel
The Herculoids

well that's not how it works for me at all.

My contact has lists for each item XM are going to release. When you express interest you go on that list and are given priority based on the time you confirmed you want to go on the list.

25 people on the Optimus list and only 10 allocated to my contact means 15 unhappy people. So we need to give decent notice. Now not all item will be as hard to get as Optimus but here are the statues I think most of us need to get in early with if you want to make sure you get one:

Optimus
Starscream
Megatron
Dark Phoenix
White Magneto
Hulkbuster
Moon Knight (most likely)
Weapon X
Predator
Poison Ivy

For myself these are must haves! And I'm sure for most there are a few more they would add but also maybe subtract from that list. So it's a fair start when considering this is a roughly $15k list BEFORE shipping.

I'd assume with how far along each of these are that they will all (maybe not Megatron) be coming 2018.

Most of us would want them all. If they are staggered over 12-18 months, no problem. With how far most of these pieces are along, it's entirely possible a great portion of that list could be ready to ship over the next 6-9 months.

I don't think XM have ever had such a large number of statues in their pipeline so there's no precedent for us to guess release times, just our own speculation based on the progress we see with them.

Sorry but that's just a lot of $'s to commit to without knowing over what timeframe we need to budget for.

The reality is I am now turning down offers to secure pieces because of concerns I will over commit myself in too short a period.

My sideshow list is organised over the next 18 months for roughly one peice per quarter. Works well and doesn't have me worried about how I will pay for each of them but my list would be much shorter with then if I didn't know timeframes.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #127
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
well that's not how it works for me at all.

My contact has lists for each item XM are going to release. When you express interest you go on that list and are given priority based on the time you confirmed you want to go on the list.

25 people on the Optimus list and only 10 allocated to my contact means 15 unhappy people. So we need to give decent notice. Now not all item will be as hard to get as Optimus but here are the statues I think most of us need to get in early with if you want to make sure you get one:

Optimus
Starscream
Megatron

Dark Phoenix
White Magneto
Hulkbuster
Moon Knight (most likely)
Weapon X
Predator
Poison Ivy

For myself these are must haves! And I'm sure for most there are a few more they would add but also maybe subtract from that list. So it's a fair start when considering this is a roughly $15k list BEFORE shipping.

I'd assume with how far along each of these are that they will all (maybe not Megatron) be coming 2018.

Most of us would want them all. If they are staggered over 12-18 months, no problem. With how far most of these pieces are along, it's entirely possible a great portion of that list could be ready to ship over the next 6-9 months.

I don't think XM have ever had such a large number of statues in their pipeline so there's no precedent for us to guess release times, just our own speculation based on the progress we see with them.

Sorry but that's just a lot of $'s to commit to without knowing over what timeframe we need to budget for.

The reality is I am now turning down offers to secure pieces because of concerns I will over commit myself in too short a period.

My sideshow list is organised over the next 18 months for roughly one peice per quarter. Works well and doesn't have me worried about how I will pay for each of them but my list would be much shorter with then if I didn't know timeframes.
All your points are valid in your situation. I shouldn't project my sitution with yours and my apologies to you and anyone else on that front.

Btw...the TF license does not have a 999 or lower ES like Marvel. So depending on PO popularity and want, they may be easier to get...just FYI. I don't expect these to have an ES anywhere close to 999 (they shouldn't) but I don't forsee you having a problem getting it at a later date.

But...better to be safe than sorry....so I get your concerns in your situation.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:05 AM   #128
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Apologies to many collectors who have been asking for the PO page to be updated. The reason this page was put on hold for awhile was due to schedules being reworked and planned with Licensors and we still have some way to go before we can present the ideal information collectors want. For now, we've managed to confirm the following POs."

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #129
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

From XM Studios Facebook page : " We are looking into the feedback on limiting to 1 po per product per license per month. "
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:51 PM   #130
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I hope that means they are only doing 1 piece per a license per a month, otherwise that is really going to screw over some people that want sets.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote