Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #811
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post
Thank you for this Raf. If only this had been the first review I had seen since this piece started to ship I wouldn't have had any concerns at all.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:00 AM   #812
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
If i trust anyone it's Raf, he knows his ---- and despite him doing crazy/amazing looking things to his statues he's very fair when it comes to production pieces. He's not all high and mighty because he can do better, he always takes into consideration how good a pre-paint production piece is just on that and then talks about how he can do stuff to it.

As he says it's all about lighting, i hate to bang on about lighting but when it comes to sculpted fur, just moving a light can make a huge difference...

Here's my POTA Caesar lit from above.

And heres the same pieces, camera hasn't moved, all i have done is moved the lighting below.

Judging from Rafs video and opinion i'm going to be very happy with my Wolf, i will probably do some clear coating here and there like the claws, maybe repaint the teeth slightly but overall i'm very happy with what i see.

Also i noticed on his video his seam is very very good!

Personally I don't like all these high quality studio lighting and all this other crap to make the statue look pretty during preorder or posting. I prefer the rawness of natural daylight and a decent camera. You posted some amazing pics of the second pcs 1/4 ryu and I would be sold on that statue if I see pics like that but reality is for me having seen that statue multiple times i don't like it it's not well done. Same with the ninjas some cool pics out there with good lighting but fabric is piss poor in person. I understand it all marketing to get you to buy but I've seen it work against customers once in hands. Pretty pictures then in hand you look at the statue and wonder wtf happened here.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #813
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Personally I don't like all these high quality studio lighting and all this other crap to make the statue look pretty during preorder or posting. I prefer the rawness of natural daylight and a decent camera. You posted some amazing pics of the second pcs 1/4 ryu and I would be sold on that statue if I see pics like that but reality is for me having seen that statue multiple times i don't like it it's not well done. Same with the ninjas some cool pics out there with good lighting but fabric is piss poor in person. I understand it all marketing to get you to buy but I've seen it work against customers once in hands. Pretty pictures then in hand you look at the statue and wonder wtf happened here.
Hahah i wish it was studio lighting and a good camera but these ( and the Ryu pics ) were taken with 2 £6 daylight bulbs and a 10 year old digital camera.....really really nothing fancy at all.

Yeah day light and a good camera is a good thing, and you'd get similar results to the pics i've posted, showing off a better representation of what you get in hand.

Basically all i'm posting these for is to show how much lighting effects the look of a product and how camera phone shots with normal house lighting can destroy a piece lol, we should all know this by now but still people jump the gun lol.....it drives me crazy!

As for the 2nd PCS Ryu, it's is by far my fave representation of Ryu yet, everything about that sculpt is perfect imo and again i think my pics were representative of the final product, same with the Ninjas pics i took, they look the same on my shelf right now.....i don't know what to say lol.

The only thing i don't like is when people start ----ing around with filters and photoshop, i can tell you none of pics are altered, i just turn on my lighting and shoot and that's what you see.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #814
EricS6X
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

From Facebook...does the head really have this severe black line around the mouth?

EricS6X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #815
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Based on everything else so far I doubt it.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #816
ukshaun
Hercules

Most of the images appear to show a black outline 'wolf lips'. In the image above, the black lips look extreme?
It looks like the owner has possibly painted the nose and lips using the same black paint.

I know it is down to camra angle. In some shots the face looks long, and in others, very short (the image above is a good example of short).
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #817
clutch
Sailor Moon

Sometimes gloss will intensify the 'blackness'.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #818
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

It does not look that bad around the lips I think the camera is picking up the clean black line . It really is not that severe
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #819
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Boy guys can't seem to post pictures from my iPad or computer any advice would be appreciated , getting to old for this technology
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #820
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS6X View Post
From Facebook...does the head really have this severe black line around the mouth?

Flash causing havoc me thinks
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote