Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
AsOneDead
You got red on you

The Dark Knight Rises SPOILERS

Ok, time for everyone to get off their chest what they liked and didn't like about the film.

One of the things that really bothered me is the ending where Bruce just left Gotham and seemed to have nothing to do with Batman or fighting crime in Gotham anymore. He was just living it up somewhere with Selina. I thought that just goes against everything the character is about, fighting crime is what his whole life is about. They could've ended it similarly to The Dark Knight Returns and showed him waiting in the cave for Blake, ready to train him or something.

The fight at the end with Bane was pretty disappointing and the way they killed him, that was just lazy. He's this muscle bound unstoppable force and Catwoman just rocks up and blasts a hole in him like he's a nobody.

I really liked Selina and thought she was one of the highlights of the film. Anne did a fantastic job, she really captured the character and I never knew she could be so sexy.

The first confrontation with Bane and Batman was really great. It was so brutal and the way they did it with no music in the background just added to the rawness of it all. Bane had some killer dialogue in that scene, "You've merely adopted the darkness, I was born in it.".... "Theatrics and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated, but we are initiated." I didn't expect to see him actually break his back, so that was a really nice surprise.

More stuff to talk about, but I'll get to that later. What did everyone else like/dislike about the film?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

I expected batman to take out bane.

Other then that, i enjoyed the movie. I also liked how they left it open for a possible spinoff.
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Ok, time for everyone to get off their chest what they liked and didn't like about the film.

One of the things that really bothered me is the ending where Bruce just left Gotham and seemed to have nothing to do with Batman or fighting crime in Gotham anymore. He was just living it up somewhere with Selina. I thought that just goes against everything the character is about, fighting crime is what his whole life is about. They could've ended it similarly to The Dark Knight Returns and showed him waiting in the cave for Blake, ready to train him or something.

The fight at the end with Bane was pretty disappointing and the way they killed him, that was just lazy. He's this muscle bound unstoppable force and Catwoman just rocks up and blasts a hole in him like he's a nobody.

I really liked Selina and thought she was one of the highlights of the film. Anne did a fantastic job, she really captured the character and I never knew she could be so sexy.

The first confrontation with Bane and Batman was really great. It was so brutal and the way they did it with no music in the background just added to the rawness of it all. Bane had some killer dialogue in that scene, "You've merely adopted the darkness, I was born in it.".... "Theatrics and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated, but we are initiated." I didn't expect to see him actually break his back, so that was a really nice surprise.

More stuff to talk about, but I'll get to that later. What did everyone else like/dislike about the film?
I agree with all your points except the first

To me its just we are not using our imagination enough.
Bruce retired after the events of TDK, and came back.

Now hes retired at the end of TDKR and everyone is saying its a travesty?

Whose to say batman and robin aren't envisioned to return to the streets after the end of this film?

When I walked out my first thought was this.
Not that he'd hanged it up for good, but that he'd hanged it up until hes sucked back in yet again. Which is in a sense what happens in the Knights saga\Knightfall trilogy.

The whole point of that ending is to show that Alfred succeeded in seeing Bruce find some peace for once.
Whose to say its permanent, it certainly wasn't at the beginning of this film.

I really don't Nolan had to beat us on the head with him training robin at the end, thats all up to us. More specifically up to the next director.

I agree it that would have been bad ass to see, but its not necessary, it should be on the next director to make those decisions.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Hopefully they go straight to Nightwing and skip the whole Robin, since it'd be a giveaway to use your legal nane as your new identity.
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post

Whose to say batman and robin aren't envisioned to return to the streets after the end of this film?

Not that he'd hanged it up for good, but that he'd hanged it up until hes sucked back in yet again. Which is in a sense what happens in the Knights saga\Knightfall trilogy.

The whole point of that ending is to show that Alfred succeeded in seeing Bruce find some peace for once.

I really don't Nolan had to beat us on the head with him training robin at the end, thats all up to us. More specifically up to the next director.

I agree it that would have been bad ass to see, but its not necessary, it should be on the next director to make those decisions.
Good post.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post

That's just using too much imagination I think. He faked his own death, I don't think he's going to be making a return ever. That's why he was explaining the whole time to Blake that Batman is just a symbol and that anyone can be Batman. Blake will be the new Batman, not Robin. And how will he become Batman exactly? He has no training, only the heart. It took Bruce 7 years to get the training and skills to become Batman. Blake's gonna be Batman just cause he was a cop and has a good heart?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
DSET
The Secret Six

Talia absolutely was the crutch of this film, she was tacked on to say the least.
10 more mins of her would have solved that problem.

Then again most people would complain that they are not getting enough batman if another character gets well developed. Which to me is why people are complaining they don't get enough bats in TDK\TDKR. Its because Nolan is developing his other characters just as much. I really believe this was Bats most compelling arc, even though its possible he may not have lead the cast in screen time.

I loved JGL's character.
If you had to choose between developing the mastermind behind the films major plot and Bats successor I think I would have gone with Talia.
It would have just completed the feel of the film, instead of giving us all this insight to Blake which was still awesome.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Vracula
Jedi Order

How did bruce end up so ----ed up , with no cartilages and ----, i understand he fell off with dent that might explain the limp, but the man was a wreck. And then come back strong after a broken back and climb the pit like spiderman without his robocop prosthetic.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #9
antnie
I am da law!

I really enjoyed the movie. I thought that it was an excellent conclusion to the trilogy.

I thought Bane and Catwoman were great.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
That's just using too much imagination I think. He faked his own death, I don't think he's going to be making a return ever. That's why he was explaining the whole time to Blake that Batman is just a symbol and that anyone can be Batman. Blake will be the new Batman, not Robin. And how will he become Batman exactly? He has no training, only the heart. It took Bruce 7 years to get the training and skills to become Batman. Blake's gonna be Batman just cause he was a cop and has a good heart?
Probably poke his eye out with a batarang. If bruce with all that training and discipline ended like Dr house after a few years , blake will be dead in under a year from falling of a roof trying to creep up on gordon lol.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote