Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 09-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #91
qz33
Doctor Doom

This prototype is stellar but so far my suspicions that it would be ruined by a production nightmare are being confirmed.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #92
Gothamite
Phoenix

Brandon, any chance you can take a pic of Harley's face? I'm wondering if it turned out close to the proto.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #93
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Your pictures indicate that the problem is worse than initially reported since the tracks don't even fit into the base.
Yeah, not sure if that could be a one-off or not. I seem to recall reading someone having issues with a mis-aligned peg/hole before that didn't affect everything in the run. Sometimes I know it can be a tight fit - I've had close calls with some other DCD stuff before. This one doesn't even come close, though.

I'm hoping Diamond just issues refunds to retailers who issue refunds to customers.

I checked out a video of it at the NY Toy Fair and the cape does look like what I got rather than the solicit photos, but it does not go into the hyena's mouth. There is a little hole in the side of the mouth where it looks like it should go, too. It almost seems like they tried to make the best of it and now the hyena has just torn off a piece of the cape (even though the cape does not look like it's been torn) rather than having it in it's mouth.

https://youtu.be/56xJBXzjnH4?t=383
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #94
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Brandon, any chance you can take a pic of Harley's face? I'm wondering if it turned out close to the proto.
Ugh - sorry. I should've taken some more pics. I already boxed it back up. I didn't actually even check out Harley. I was pretty disappointed with the whole thing.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #95
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Ugh - sorry. I should've taken some more pics. I already boxed it back up. I didn't actually even check out Harley. I was pretty disappointed with the whole thing.
That's okay. I asked because I think the proto has one of the prettiest Harley faces ever.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:13 PM   #96
MacCalhoun
Doh!

Unhappy

I am unable to get Batman to attach at all, and yeah his cape looks funky around the hyena as well. If his rear boot is planted properly in the slot the front boot is a good half inch from the target slot. If I try to line both up I can get it in maybe a couple of millimeters but no more, and his front knee butts into the front hyena very badly, there is not nearly enough clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Batman1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	108288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Batman2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	108289  
MacCalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #97
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCalhoun View Post
I am unable to get Batman to attach at all, and yeah his cape looks funky around the hyena as well. If his rear boot is planted properly in the slot the front boot is a good half inch from the target slot. If I try to line both up I can get it in maybe a couple of millimeters but no more, and his front knee butts into the front hyena very badly, there is not nearly enough clearance.
Wow! What a disaster.

Can you take pix of Harley's face?
Old 09-23-2017, 03:52 PM   #98
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I can't see this fitting together in all these places without some mods and at least a hairdryer to start bending things into place, assuming it is resin that bends when hot.

My greatest fear is it gets recalled and cancelled for being too complex.

So if you got one and were able to massage it together you might have something rare.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #99
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCalhoun View Post
So were you able to get all of the coaster's pegs into the track base? Did you have any problems getting them in? You're doing better than I am if you got that far. I had both of Batman's pegs in, but not all the way - it probably would've ended up the same as yours if I had put the rear leg all the way in first. I think the rear peg was kind of angled when I put the front leg almost all the way in.

I guess this could be turned into a "Harley Vs. Roller Coaster" statue. The hyena grabbed a piece of Batman's cape and he fell off earlier.

Just got an e-mail from DCBS saying they received notification that the entire run is defective and would be sending out pre-paid return labels. I'm surprised anyone wants to flip the costs to ship them back. I would've had us take a hammer to them and send pics. Maybe DC Collectibles wants to see if they can salvage parts.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #100
Gothamite
Phoenix

I have uploaded Brandon and MacCalhoun's pix into the OP.

Brandon, it looks like this could be an easy fix if all DC has to do is re-manufacture Batman, assuming all the other pieces fit properly. (I didn't forget that yours has a roller coaster track that doesn't fit into the base.)

Having said that, I don't think DC is gonna bother with a second version of this statue.