samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Wow what a massive grandia fan!
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

That's an impressive collection, dao.

You have an excellent taste in RPGs, too. I love the framed Epoch schematic.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #13
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loops View Post
Wow, very cool and very varied. So jealous that you have a Serenity "Big Damn Replica".
Thanks I do love it very much and need an acrylic cover, however I'm not sure if the issues, wait, and price it was worth it.. even considering how big of a firefly fan I am. If you're not a big fan I would definitely pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaxx View Post
oh... em.. gee..

dat dreamcast collection...
I love me some dreamcast ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by naindejardin View Post
Very great collection
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
Wow so much to look at
Yeah, I went a bit pic heavy ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Wow what a massive grandia fan!
Maybe you are confusion Skies of Arcadia with Grandia :< I do like Grandia and have most of the series but all the custom stuff is SoA :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate82 View Post
That's an impressive collection, dao.

You have an excellent taste in RPGs, too. I love the framed Epoch schematic.
Yeah it's a great poster, thick paper too I would heartily recommend it :P How do you like both SoA and FF12 but like FF12 better?! I didn't think such a thing was possible!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #14
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
How do you like both SoA and FF12 but like FF12 better?! I didn't think such a thing was possible!
I'm guessing you deduced that from my username? I wouldn't read too much into that, I just kind of plucked that name out of the air.

I actually like both games a lot and would be hard-pressed to pick a favourite. I prefer FF XII's battle system but like the story and characters in SoA a lot more. (Vyse is so much better than Vaan it's not even funny). I just wish more people could have played SoA; it deserved so much more than just cult classic status.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
dao2
Cyclops

Yup your username ;p I think in another thread I said "Air Pirates better then Sky Pirates". A lot of FF12s characters felt like really cheap imitations of SoA characters and the story felt a bit ripped as well imo. I actually prefer SoA's battle system. It's traditional for a reason :P And while I do like active systems FF12s felt too much like autopilot to me ><.

And yeah not a lot of SoA fans unfortunately I try to get everyone I can to play it but the days of SoA are over >< It was good to see them in Valkyria Chronicles though ;p

For me, SoA is an easy pick over FF12, I didn't even like FF12 that much, although it was a MASSIVE leap over 10.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Ah, I see what you meant by the "air pirates are better" comment now, dao. I was too tired at the time to put two-and-two together.

But, yeah, I understand where you're coming from regarding FF XII. I seem to be the only person who liked it all that much. It did rip off SoA (and Vagrant Story, too) but, weirdly, I think that's why I liked it. (I like almost anything with pirates in it, though).

Just noticed that your SoA airship is actually a Dreamcast. Epic! Was that a mod you did or was it actually for sale?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Impressive collection, dao!

Now where's the STARS Biohazard dreamcast??
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate82 View Post
Ah, I see what you meant by the "air pirates are better" comment now, dao. I was too tired at the time to put two-and-two together.

But, yeah, I understand where you're coming from regarding FF XII. I seem to be the only person who liked it all that much. It did rip off SoA (and Vagrant Story, too) but, weirdly, I think that's why I liked it. (I like almost anything with pirates in it, though).

Just noticed that your SoA airship is actually a Dreamcast. Epic! Was that a mod you did or was it actually for sale?
Yes it is a dreamcast ;p Not really a mod as the whole thing was build ground up with that in mind but the whole ship was a scratch-build custom anyways so >< My favorite FF is by and far 6, with 7 trailing. Although as far as favorite JRPGs it goes SoA -> Chrono Trigger -> Xenogears -> Suikoden II -> FF6 so FF barely cracks the top 5 list ><

Edit: Also, airship battles. Just win right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_spidey View Post
Impressive collection, dao!

Now where's the STARS Biohazard dreamcast??
Thanks I actually have very few official dreamcasts (the regular, a black one I gutted for parts, and the replacement top-halfs). The STARS one isn't really on my list anyway :< The red biohazard one one the other hand... that's a definite maybe. I do want some other things first though ;p Like a MR Falcon and a Yakuza 3 PS3.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #19
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

That was a great collection to look through. I loved the serenity stuff and I didn't realize how cool the star wars bounty hunter statues ended up. Thanks.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #20
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Wow amazing collection!!!
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote