http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=134390
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #12
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
checked this out the other night.
it was ok. reminded me of Blade 2. the Vampires that is.
seemed pretty boring to me. although it did like Blade 2.
just seemed this show was a rip off of B2 to me. so i lost interest.
You do know it's based off a book written by Guillermo Del Toro, right? Same guy that directed Blade 2.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #13
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

aaah, well no i did not. so then that would explain the similarities then now wouldn't it?
not so much of a rip off as i thought. lol
thanks for bringing it to my attention.

i still feel the same about the show though.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #14
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Not a problem. Should give the show a chance though, watch it from the start if you can and don't take it too seriously, it's just an entertaining and fun ride.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #15
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Have to say the look of the Master in the Nazi times looks a look goofy. Didn't look up to the level of the other effects.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #16
whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Have to say the look of the Master in the Nazi times looks a look goofy. Didn't look up to the level of the other effects.
It didn't help that it had a nine episode build up of expectations, only to reveal that the master is just a fat vampire with a flip top head style mouth. Other than that it was another great episode.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #17
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
It didn't help that it had a nine episode build up of expectations, only to reveal that the master is just a fat vampire with a flip top head style mouth. Other than that it was another great episode.
It was a good episode and the Master's look in current times was better. It just looked bad. My wife's comment was "the contestants on Face-Off could have done better"
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #18
johnclone
The Enchantress

I actually liked the goofiness of the master vampire, because in person he'd still be scary as hell. He looked to be somewhat like a clown, but with bat ears and nose. I actually really enjoyed the look. My only problem with him is in some shots before he lifted up his hood he looked less like a single creature and more like 2 people under a big tarp, which I'm guessing is what it was.

As usual the actor who plays the German commander delivered a fantastic performance as he is turned into a vampire. He really looked to be in pain.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #19
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
I wouldn't call it good, I'd say great! The show just gains more momentum with each episode! I haven't read the books or the comic adaptations, so I have no idea where it's all headed (although I would guess there will be very few happy endings).
I find that after an episode I either want to watch it again, or the next day I'll think about the episode a lot during the day. Few shows these days have that kind of interest level for me.

Also, I like how a major character appears to be out of the show for good. While I did like the character, that is always refreshing, because of course it now sets up the possibility that any character could be next. (Probably not the old guy though. He'll make it at least to the final episode. But he might not survive that. He probably won't.)
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #20
whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I find that after an episode I either want to watch it again, or the next day I'll think about the episode a lot during the day. Few shows these days have that kind of interest level for me.

Also, I like how a major character appears to be out of the show for good. While I did like the character, that is always refreshing, because of course it now sets up the possibility that any character could be next. (Probably not the old guy though. He'll make it at least to the final episode. But he might not survive that. He probably won't.)
They've got a good solid cast, but story seems to be paramount, so you might not want to get too attached to anyone. That being said, David Bradley is fantastic as Setrakian and Kevin Durand seems like he was born to kill vampires.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote