Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #81
markecho
A day without sunshine is like... night.

That is a bummer to hear about F4
but I guess we could have expected that.

Revised my wanted list then...

Wanted list:
Punisher (classic costume)
Rhino
Ms. Marvel (warbird)
Cable (modern)
Jean
Storm
Beast
remember Sabertooth?

Old 05-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #82
Penne
Frackin!

My list would be:

Cable
Archangel
Mr. Sinister
Apocalypse (I know you said he's a no-go but that doesn't change my list lol)
Archangel (blue and purple costume)
Iceman
Domino
Jean Grey
Penne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:55 AM   #83
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Would forum members be interested in seeing movie and TV characters included in this format?

Good idea, but I would prefer to see Marvel movie & TV characters in the ArtFX format. It'd be more affordable for me.

Has pricing gotten to a point where you rather spend your dollars elsewhere?

Yes, the prices of Finearts is pricey for me.
I prefer static figures over articulated ones, but I would pick an action figure toy line that makes better Marvel movie character likenesses over Finearts if their price range are almost the same.

Do you prefer stand alone releases or pieces (like the DRS) that also work together as a team?

For me, I'd like to have teams.
I may have to get more than one, but that's what collecting is about. You get more than one to go with your other figures.

Who are your most wanted characters?

Spider-man! Thor and Loki too. Guardians of the Galaxy characters!

Those are my thoughts about this.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #84
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think the Fine Arts Marvel line paint work has been lacking on some pieces. For instance, I love the sculpt work on the new Vision statue. But the pics that iv'e seen show very little, if any Shadows/Highlights. I would think most any decent painter out there could improve upon this and that is why I'm unlikely to buy this piece.
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #85
QX403

Quote:
I'd like to get some opinions on how we should proceed with the Marvel Fine Art statue line. Would forum members be interested in seeing movie and TV characters included in this format? Has pricing gotten to a point where you rather spend your dollars elsewhere? Do you prefer stand alone releases or pieces (like the DRS) that also work together as a team? Who are your most wanted characters? Let's have a constructive conversation. Keep in mind many people, including myself, work on these products so a lot of effort goes into this.
Fine art Rogue is definitely a great statue, she has very good paint and all around for me was a hit. I also buy XM and Sideshow 1/4th scale so no I would still buy characters I want since they are jacking 1/4th prices through the roof. My only gripe was the paint application use to be pretty poor at times but has improved significantly. Uncanny X-men TV characters would be a cool addition.

I would personally love to see some Witcher 1/6 fine art statues as dark horse carries the smaller PVC ones and the only other option is Prime one which range in the thousands.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #86
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

I only have one, being the Psylocke Danger Room, but it's my favorite statue in my collection. So, I'm looking at others, mostly the X-Force Deadpool and Dr. Doom, possibly X-23 and Venom. Some of them can be pretty pricey (Psylocke was $$$ for a Kotobukiya) but I love the quality. Size isn't everything!
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #87
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
I only have one, being the Psylocke Danger Room, but it's my favorite statue in my collection. So, I'm looking at others, mostly the X-Force Deadpool and Dr. Doom, possibly X-23 and Venom. Some of them can be pretty pricey (Psylocke was $$$ for a Kotobukiya) but I love the quality. Size isn't everything!
Tell 'em!
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:24 AM   #88
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
200 isn't bad for them considering XM's 1/6th scales are 300 range and 200 on sale and Sideshows 1/6th are 350 closing in on 400 neither of those are as nice and detailed as well as having interchangeable heads and parts.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #89
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I'd like to get some opinions on how we should proceed with the Marvel Fine Art statue line. Would forum members be interested in seeing movie and TV characters included in this format? Has pricing gotten to a point where you rather spend your dollars elsewhere? Do you prefer stand alone releases or pieces (like the DRS) that also work together as a team? Who are your most wanted characters? Let's have a constructive conversation. Keep in mind many people, including myself, work on these products so a lot of effort goes into this.
I personally don't collect movie and TV pieces. For me, they just don't age as well. Prices for the fine arts line are fine, when you think about where prices are going across the board. I like stand alone pieces because most of the time, there is at least one or two characters in a line I don't care to get. But if they still look like they at least belong character, I'd be fine with that. Certain characters demand to be together.

My most wanted characters:
Agent Venom
Moon Knight
Cable
Nightcrawler
Psylocke
Bishop
Gambit
Rogue
Fantomex
Deathstroke
Flashpoint Batman
Iron Spider
The Comedian

Those characters I listed there, I feel like there aren't enough statues of. If Koto makes these characters, I think they will have a lot of people lining up for them, just because there aren't enough options out there right now.

One thing I wanted to add, Punisher FA statue, I feel like his arms are just way too big. It's totally distracting. I'm a big Punisher fan, and I feel he's better portrayed slimmer, still muscular. Also, someone mentioned with his carbine, the rear sight is missing.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #90
ovirfo
Fantastic Four

Hello, I introduce myself in this forum.
My name is Borja and I'm starting to collect Marvel 1/6.
First to say that it seems incredible to me that a representative of Kotobukiya is so active in this forum. Thanks Gonk.
I am buying the latest Kotobukiya Fine Art and also some Bowen, although the prices of the Bowen are in the clouds. I also want to say that I bought Spiderman Koto FA, but at double its starting price. A hard blow to my wallet, but I needed this statue.
As everyone has said, I also prefer statues of comic book characters in this line.

I have to ask one thing. I need to know what the next releases will be in 1/6, because I'm looking for some old Bowen, and I would not want it later to be released on the Fine Art line.
Some of the statues that I would like to see are:

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers): One head with short hair and another with the helmet.
Locki
Hela
Death
Cable
Jean Grey
Scarlet witch
Quicksilver
Moon knight
Deadpool
Storm
Winter Soldier

I hope to hear from the upcoming Fine Art releases soon.
By the way, I apologize for my English
ovirfo is offline   Reply With Quote