Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 09-03-2017, 01:05 AM   #31
ALF_1
Justice League

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn (figure)

I couple of daylight photos. The rear shot came out nice and sharp.
Just spotted, i forgot to add the pair of rounds to Harley's shoulder holster.
HQ came out amazing!!!!

I got the EX and I love how mine came out! Hot Toys should use better bodies to hide joints when bare skin has to be shown. HQ like this could have had better knees like the silicone rubber bodies like their Rocky figures had no visbale joints nor seams on those and was hidden due to their rubber bodies...

With all the new technology I feel Hot Toys can make better bodies that hide the joints all together but use a more durable material then the current seamlesss bodies that were of items like the Rocky figs the rubber ripped easily over time..

If they can have a durable silcone or an alternative to hide the seams will make Hot Toys another level up.

I am totally pleased with Harley Quinn, but having the seams disappear would be amazing. Her private area should be more realistic on the fact if you give her a wide stance you can see the gap and black space to almost seeing where the ball joints of the legs snap in...

If the legs were attached with a seamless body then her groin area when having a wide stance would not have a gap to be able to see the legs ball joints or hole inside the leg. Its not a big deal, but her legs can not be posed too far apart without seeing openings to the ball joints of the legs taking away some of the realism.

I seen videos of a collector that upgraded the Harley body to one of the 1/6 silicone acurate bodies by another company and they are Completely anatomically correct so if you give her a wide stance her groin area will look realistc without the gaps between the legs and underwear.

I would rate this figure a 9/10

The sculpt, detailed clothing and little details are amazing. The one point I deducted is due to Hot Toys bodies can be better with newer ways to hide joints and make areas, especially for characters that have clothes like shorts need to have a more realistc private area so gaps to ball joints can not be seen by the groin.

I would like for the legs to actually look attached to the groin and not like its floating if I give her a wide stance.

I am very happy with Harley and the head sculpt is spot on!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:19 AM   #32
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
HQ came out amazing!!!!

I got the EX and I love how mine came out! Hot Toys should use better bodies to hide joints when bare skin has to be shown. HQ like this could have had better knees like the silicone rubber bodies like their Rocky figures had no visbale joints nor seams on those and was hidden due to their rubber bodies...

With all the new technology I feel Hot Toys can make better bodies that hide the joints all together but use a more durable material then the current seamlesss bodies that were of items like the Rocky figs the rubber ripped easily over time..

If they can have a durable silcone or an alternative to hide the seams will make Hot Toys another level up.

I am totally pleased with Harley Quinn, but having the seams disappear would be amazing. Her private area should be more realistic on the fact if you give her a wide stance you can see the gap and black space to almost seeing where the ball joints of the legs snap in...

If the legs were attached with a seamless body then her groin area when having a wide stance would not have a gap to be able to see the legs ball joints or hole inside the leg. Its not a big deal, but her legs can not be posed too far apart without seeing openings to the ball joints of the legs taking away some of the realism.

I seen videos of a collector that upgraded the Harley body to one of the 1/6 silicone acurate bodies by another company and they are Completely anatomically correct so if you give her a wide stance her groin area will look realistc without the gaps between the legs and underwear.

I would rate this figure a 9/10

The sculpt, detailed clothing and little details are amazing. The one point I deducted is due to Hot Toys bodies can be better with newer ways to hide joints and make areas, especially for characters that have clothes like shorts need to have a more realistc private area so gaps to ball joints can not be seen by the groin.

I would like for the legs to actually look attached to the groin and not like its floating if I give her a wide stance.

I am very happy with Harley and the head sculpt is spot on!
Most of the joints are hidden. The knees and rear of the head do look odd, granted.
Being a figure, not a statue, i guess these small issues can't be helped.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:20 PM   #33
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I received Harley last week. I really like it. I just wish it came with other facial expressions.

Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #34
ukshaun
Hercules

2 Head sculpts would have been good. I also received the Hammer. I prefer the Baseball bat

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:48 PM   #35
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah, I think the baseball bat works better. The hammer/mallet seems undersized to me.
Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote