Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-01-2017, 05:08 PM   #41
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicqwek View Post
There are several factors that come into play not just volume/ space. Complexity and paint application make a big difference too. That's my personal opinion on collectibles in general.
Of course, but look at the WoW statues. Grommash and Illidan are both a scale bigger and extremely detailed (I would argue more so) yet they are both $100 cheaper than D.Va.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #42
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I think the problem is we have been spoiled with the prices of Grommash and Illidan....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #43
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I think the problem is we have been spoiled with the prices of Grommash and Illidan....
Sure we had it good until now but the open edition aspect of Blizzard's statues is the bigger issue when we talk about such a big jump in prices. Not to mention that if we accept the argument that manufacturing costs are rising and that D.Va reflects those costs shouldn't we be seeing a price jump for their previous releases? Those are still being produced as per their business model, right? So we should expect a price increase on Illidan and Grommash as well if that is somehow true.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #44
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I paid $350 for my Sideshow Arthas lol

Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #45
SDguy

So I went ahead and decided to buy this. Living in San Diego I'm lucky to have dirt cheat shipping to Blizzard. I want to see this in hand.... and compare it to both Reaper and Tracer, and then compare to Grommash and Illidan. If I don't think the value is there (the non-dynamic pose is already strike one) I will simply return it.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #46
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
So I went ahead and decided to buy this. Living in San Diego I'm lucky to have dirt cheat shipping to Blizzard. I want to see this in hand.... and compare it to both Reaper and Tracer, and then compare to Grommash and Illidan. If I don't think the value is there (the non-dynamic pose is already strike one) I will simply return it.
I'm guessing Blizzard will have this at their SDCC booth offering free shipping to anyone that buys at the convention.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:01 PM   #47
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehollywood View Post
I'm guessing Blizzard will have this at their SDCC booth offering free shipping to anyone that buys at the convention.
Eh, 10 bucks.... I'm not waiting in any SDCC line to save

I'd say seeing it at SDCC would satisfy my in-hand desire, but both Reaper and Illidan were impossible to get a good look at last year, both due to crowds and the way they had them displayed.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:59 PM   #48
Shonks
Frackin!

yea still can't pull the trigger on this, was trying to figure out why. Its not Dom's work, it is as always amazing, one of the best in the business, love his original sculpts too.

I think it is that I got into this OW line due to the price point of reaper, the open ES doesn't bother me at that price. Always expected Dva and RH to be more but like double maybe, 3x the cost and an extra $80 in shipping and now Dva is in the ballpark of the Magneto PF thats coming.

Not sure I love these enough for that comparison but I appreciate the work that has gone into it
Shonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:21 AM   #49
dominicqwek
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thanks for the kind words, Shonks.

She'll be at SDCC at the Blizzard booth. Drop by to take a look if you're attending!
dominicqwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:22 AM   #50
amir2100
Doh!

The D.Va statue weighs 38 kilos (84 pounds)

Estimated shipping prices:

To the United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany: approximately $100 USD

To Spain, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, Greece: approximately $417 USD

To Japan: approximately $525 USD

To Korea: approximately $514 USD
amir2100 is offline   Reply With Quote