Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 09-01-2017, 02:27 PM   #11
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

In one of the first scenes of Dol Guldur in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies he opens up a can of wupass on Gandalf nearly taking him out, when Galadriel appears and ends him. His screen time is limited but his design is wicked.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #12
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have to agree, I do not understand the offering a Flex Payment AFTER the statue has come out, when they could sell so many more right off the bat with the option available even if they wanted to do only 3 or 4 payments. It would still give people more breathing room.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #13
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathis View Post
I have to agree, I do not understand the offering a Flex Payment AFTER the statue has come out, when they could sell so many more right off the bat with the option available even if they wanted to do only 3 or 4 payments. It would still give people more breathing room.
My guess is Weta doesn't want to bother with a flex-pay system until a product needs a push in selling out. It's unfortunate they've taken this approach as it would seem they'd get more people committing to ordering new product if they could simply spread out the expenditure.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:41 PM   #14
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
that's basically where I'm at.

I was heavily into Weta's LOTR line when they were partnered up with Sideshow over a decade ago. Sold a lot of that collection over the years as I transitioned to PFs but always kept my favorite pieces. Then Weta reignited the line and expanded it with The Hobbit and I've added a few pieces here and there. Over the past couple years they're really ramped things up and it's honestly some of the best looking product on the market to me. Unlike a lot of statues that seem to lose their luster when you get them in hand it's the exact opposite with Weta. I spend a lot of time admiring the fine details of their work. So with the demise of Bowen and phasing Sideshow out almost completely my collecting slowed WAY down but Weta and Tweeterhead have managed to pull me back in.
I made a conscious decision years ago to NOT collect LOTR. I just didn't want to go down that rabbit hole, and just seeing all the recent pieces WETA has shown, I know I made the wrong choice as a collector. However, as someone who doesn't want to work until I'm 95, I think I chose wisely.

The thing is, how do you even choose amongst these pieces?? Each of these is a grail in the making. Even if you set aside the fact they are from LOTR or The Hobbit, they are just stunning pieces.

Can't wait to see pics of in hand pieces once you start getting them.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:43 PM   #15
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Dupe post.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Being selective is hard, but it's a necessity. No way I have the display space or the funds to collect everything I'd really like. My decision making process with LOTR and The Hobbit product is pretty simple. I mainly collect the 1:6 statue line and buy what I feel are the coolest character designs. I tend to gravitate towards villains, specially creatures. Characters like the Balrog and Smaug clearly aren't in scale with those figures but again I love the designs so they're exceptions and actually some of my favorite pieces in my entire collection, Middle Earth & beyond.

Currently I only have The Mouth of Sauron on Steed pre-ordered but I have my eye on several other pieces. Specifically The Torturer, the Orc Soldier, Thorin on Throne and the War Troll. All have relatively low ES's but I'm hoping stock holds out until Weta's Black Friday sale as the deals are truly amazing. Doubtful I'll get them all regardless of savings but I scored quite a bit more than I had planned during last year's sale so you never know.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:31 PM   #17
travis
A.I.M.

Im pissed I missed out on this guy
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:26 AM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Im pissed I missed out on this guy
Me too. Didn’t notice the sale until too late. Wanted him and Thorin. Pretty bummed.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #19
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Me too. Didn’t notice the sale until too late. Wanted him and Thorin. Pretty bummed.
I hurts...I really don't check emails often and saw the weta sale email after an hour after receiving it but consider myself lucky I saw it when I did.....but I've never missed out on a Weta or SSW piece before...ever!
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #20
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I hurts...I really don't check emails often and saw the weta sale email after an hour after receiving it but consider myself lucky I saw it when I did.....but I've never missed out on a Weta or SSW piece before...ever!
You can probably get one off eBay when its flooded after these ship and everyone has to drop prices to move them when there's 10 listings on there.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote