Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2016, 05:57 PM   #851
The Dark Knight
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 3,066
Just ordered my first Marvel Omnibus. I feel like i opened the pandora's box lol

It's Ms. Marvel Omnibus with Kamala Khan as the main character. I heard great things about this book so i pulled the triger. There are some out of stock omnibuses that i really want like Ultimate Spider-Man, Iron Fist ( by Brubaker,Fraction&Aja), Wolverine (by Jason Aaron), Wolverine and The X-men but it seems like i missed the boat on all of them :/
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:37 PM   #852
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
MrJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Just ordered my first Marvel Omnibus. I feel like i opened the pandora's box lol

It's Ms. Marvel Omnibus with Kamala Khan as the main character. I heard great things about this book so i pulled the triger. There are some out of stock omnibuses that i really want like Ultimate Spider-Man, Iron Fist ( by Brubaker,Fraction&Aja), Wolverine (by Jason Aaron), Wolverine and The X-men but it seems like i missed the boat on all of them :/
I would have to say... it kind of is opening Pandora's box. It was a slow burn for me... got my first 1 two years ago, then 2 last year... then 8 this year I think lol... I don't worry too much about the OOP stuff. I just think you really get value for your dollar. They take so long to read I feel you really get your monies worth.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:52 PM   #853
xXx
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
xXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Just ordered my first Marvel Omnibus. I feel like i opened the pandora's box lol

It's Ms. Marvel Omnibus with Kamala Khan as the main character. I heard great things about this book so i pulled the triger. There are some out of stock omnibuses that i really want like Ultimate Spider-Man, Iron Fist ( by Brubaker,Fraction&Aja), Wolverine (by Jason Aaron), Wolverine and The X-men but it seems like i missed the boat on all of them :/
I haven't had the chance to read the others, but, if you ever get the chance to pick it up, Ultimate Spider-man is a really good book and fun read!
xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:12 PM   #854
The Dark Knight
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antalya/Turkey
Posts: 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I would have to say... it kind of is opening Pandora's box. It was a slow burn for me... got my first 1 two years ago, then 2 last year... then 8 this year I think lol... I don't worry too much about the OOP stuff. I just think you really get value for your dollar. They take so long to read I feel you really get your monies worth.
I hope i don't end up buying so many, but Ms. Marvel is definetly not my last Omni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx View Post
I haven't had the chance to read the others, but, if you ever get the chance to pick it up, Ultimate Spider-man is a really good book and fun read!
Yeah, i know. I read like 40 issues or something of The Ultimate Spider-Man as single issues. The first 15 single issues or something from the begining of the series in turkish but it didn't make it around here, the sales were bad so they canceled the series :/ but later on i followed the series month to month as original single issues on the net from issues 40 to 65 or something like that back in the day and they were all amazing reads so i definetly want the omnibus.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #855
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
MrJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,348
I have yet to crack it open, but I would recommend War of Kings. It has been getting amazing reviews, it is absolutely massive, and will be OOP eventually for sure.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:49 AM   #856
GaryTonge
Legion of Super-Heroes
 
GaryTonge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 4,776
ASM VOl 3 up for PO:

https://www.amazon.ca/Amazing-Spider...derman+omnibus
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:55 PM   #857
Davidian
The InJustice League
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,149
I feel WAY behind on the whole omnibi wagon. Just got my FIRST one recently, the Infinity Gauntlet, for retail, which made me happy, as seeing some of these go for insane aftermarket prices. Is the general consensus that if you own the Annihilation OHC's, than you don't need to try and track down the omni?

So I have my eyes set on the following omnibi:

X-Men Vol 1
X-Men Vol 2
X-Men AOA
ASM Vol 1
ASM Vol 2

Questions for those that own the X-Men omnibi:

If you own the full run the 90's era Jim Lee X-Men issues, are the 2 volumes even worth it? How much of that story arc does it collect? With the AOA, if you own the TPB's, is there addition content in the omni? I'm a big fan of X-Men, so being able to have all of that being collected in an omni would be more ideal, as these long boxes are a pain.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #858
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator
 
nbr3bagshotrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Shire
Posts: 34,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I feel WAY behind on the whole omnibi wagon. Just got my FIRST one recently, the Infinity Gauntlet, for retail, which made me happy, as seeing some of these go for insane aftermarket prices. Is the general consensus that if you own the Annihilation OHC's, than you don't need to try and track down the omni?

So I have my eyes set on the following omnibi:

X-Men Vol 1
X-Men Vol 2
X-Men AOA
ASM Vol 1
ASM Vol 2

Questions for those that own the X-Men omnibi:

If you own the full run the 90's era Jim Lee X-Men issues, are the 2 volumes even worth it? How much of that story arc does it collect? With the AOA, if you own the TPB's, is there addition content in the omni? I'm a big fan of X-Men, so being able to have all of that being collected in an omni would be more ideal, as these long boxes are a pain.
I have most of the 90's Jim Lee Xmen and I'm considering selling my single issue comics since I now have the x-men omnibi and the uncanny Xmen omnibi
__________________
Hey you guys!!!!
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #859
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,853
My Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnibus vol 1 came in yesterday. That thing is HUGE!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:36 PM   #860
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator
 
wktf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denver Area, between Asgard and Krypton
Posts: 20,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Better deal on CGN:

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/p...roductid=56092
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com