Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-23-2021, 02:23 AM   #81
KripkeAuto
Frackin!

What about IS 1:10 in general not just the dioramas?
KripkeAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:50 AM   #82
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KripkeAuto View Post
What about IS 1:10 in general not just the dioramas?
Individual 1/10 pieces are not numbered. At least the normal small ones aren’t, but any that are unusually large in size may be.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:54 AM   #83
KripkeAuto
Frackin!

Right I get that. But has anyone ever found out or the information been public at some point? What edition sizes do the dioramas tend to be (hundreds, thousands) or is there no known pattern?
KripkeAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 03:11 AM   #84
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Just got this in today and I'm really pleased to finally own it. As you probable know I like to collect both the Prime 1 and Iron Studios Jurassic Park lines. In my eyes they are 2 totally different lines, Iron Studios tend to be more on the Diorama side while Iron Studios is more Museum style. I love both.
This is still for sale on the IS website, and its on sale, amazing.... edition size is only 350 and you get 5 characters with it. IS characters usually sell for around $100 each, so that's $500 right there, plus you get the 1/10 scale Triceratops. So if you are on the fence with this and you love the movies, trust me you should grab this, with prices only going up, this is currently a steal. I did a vid with the Prime one version in the background so you can see the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-0ACsB5aA&t=38s
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 05:29 AM   #85
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I wish I could get this, but unfortunately even the few small Jurassic pieces I have are already regulated to the tiniest back corner of my collection. I’m just too invested with my Marvel/DC collection.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 04:10 PM   #86
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

I actually ordered this on the weekend, but wasn't expecting to!

Basically I'm a Weta LOTR collector, but I've really wanted the IS JP line. The latest Weta master collection statue is coming in March, about 3 months sooner than I was expecting, and I was going to use those months to finish saving for it as I'm also getting Bilbo. So I saw the Triceratops was on sale again after missing out on the Black Friday sale which I think had an even bigger discount, and as my first order from IS I get another discount.
Looking at the costs, this would cost less than half of the Weta MC and both pieces have 5 characters and a 'beast'. Yes I'm sure the MC will have more detailing but I've always had my eye on the Trike, so it was a no brainier really. So I ordered the Trike and emailed Weta about cancelling the MC.
I'm also stunned this is still for sale at such a low ES.

My partner is getting me the raptor vs Muldoon as a late birthday/xmas gift. I want them all but the Rex attack set A is my grail.

Still hoping for a Nedry vs Dilo, ideally with the jeep. Is that hope gone?
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:58 AM   #87
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

They were claiming licensing issues, but said there was another diorama of an important scene in the works a year ago or so. Funnily enough, the stand-alone Dilo they released is in the pose when first attacking Nedry. Makes me think it was planned but ran into issues.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:51 AM   #88
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Anyone know where I can source a dennis nedry head sculpt ?
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote