Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 09-18-2007, 04:55 AM   #31
The Watcher
Loki

Something just doesn't seem right about this incident. The "victims" seem to be wavering.

I predict that he'll get away with it and the charges will be dropped or he'll get a plea bargain where he doesn't spend any more jail time.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #32
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The guy should only be convicted if he is guilty. He should not be trialed by the media and the public until all evidence is provided. You are setting a dangerous precedent if you convince people of a crime in the media or on the internet.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:20 AM   #33
The Watcher
Loki

People are convicted in the court of public opinion all the time. Politicians, celebrities, athletes, everyone gets their day in court.

We all have opinions. There's nothing wrong with being judgemental, it's what makes us human. The opinions of the media and the public shouldn't be confused with the opinions of the judiciary.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #34
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
People are convicted in the court of public opinion all the time. Politicians, celebrities, athletes, everyone gets their day in court.

We all have opinions. There's nothing wrong with being judgemental, it's what makes us human. The opinions of the media and the public shouldn't be confused with the opinions of the judiciary.
True but if alot of people had their own way the man would be convicted already. Leave that to the lawyers and the police.

I know alot of people resent OJ because he was not convicted of murder but the real blame should be laid at the DA's office and the LA Police Department.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #35
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
True but if alot of people had their own way the man would be convicted already. Leave that to the lawyers and the police.

I know alot of people resent OJ because he was not convicted of murder but the real blame should be laid at the DA's office and the LA Police Department.
I blame the jurors
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #36
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

if it wasnt for rodney king o j would be in prison right now. many jurors said they thought he was guilty but couldnt vote guilty. they didnt say they couldnt vote guilty cause of the way the evidence was presented. i dont give any credit to conspiracy theories usually, especially the 911 idiots who photoshop pics and say they are true, but i do believe the united states government told them that they had to find him not guilty. there was a lot of destruction thanks to the rodney king case and they didnt want it to happen again so soon.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #37
Foord
The Avengers

I think it's hilarious that the Goldmans are going to make money from the unbelievably ill-conceived book he was going to put out. Brilliant!
Foord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:16 AM   #38
Tommy Allison
Sculptor
Sculptor

Now, had OJ talked to Sam Wilson, and maybe bought Sam's self-help program, he'd cease to be a jackass, and wouldn't have gotten in trouble.

I gotta tell you, having Sam's program to fall back on when you're feeling down is a Godsend. With one wack from the Ball Peen Hammer to the nads, you suddenly feel motivated.

They say that which does not kill us, only makes us stronger, well, I'm here to tell you, after one or two "adjustments" you'll become a better person.

It's unfortunate that OJ never bought Sam's program. He might have turned his life around. Sad... Truly Sad.

Check Out My Blog at....

http://madrobotstudios.blogspot.com

My portfolio is...

http://www.comicspace.com/madrobotommy
Tommy Allison is offline   Reply With Quote