View Poll Results: Scale For potential XM DC offerings
1/5 is cool if that is the only way to easily get XM WorldWide 21 24.71%
1/4 scale or pass 56 65.88%
1/6 DC would be a long time dream come true 8 9.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
IF XM GETS DC...WOULD YOU BE OK WITH 1/5 SCALE?

So hey, I was thinking about this for a while now. Erick Sosa has his own 1/5 and 1/6 line of kits coming out of DC characters. XM is highly interested in DC. Erick, starting in Nov./Dec. will serve as assistant AD and consultant for XM. I've been putting 2 and 2 together and I am wondering if there has been any negotiating with XM, DC, and Sosa to make 1/5 DC statues of characters that can be distributed worldwide.

Recently, Erick said he increased the size of his Nightwing sculpt (awesome I might add) and then the teaming up with XM. Follow me here, one of the less desirable things about kits is you have to put it together yourself and paint yourself, OR you have someone put it together and paint it for you. That's a lot of money after everything is completed....and I wouldn't find it out of the realm of possibility if everything was worked out....XM would oversee the painting of all SOSA's future DC kits? That way, they will come prepainted.

This is just some kooky conjecture of mine and just kicking some thoughts around. Maybe SOSA has already stated his own Prototypez company is completely separate from XM and has nothing to do with what XM is trying to do with the DC license.

In any case, the ultimate question I want to ask fans of XM is.....would you be ok if XM could only do 1/5 or smaller statues of DC characters? I don't know how 1/4 would work for XM seeing how DC and SS just reupped another extension on their contract. Does that mean XM can't do DC in 1/4 at all? Or does that mean, like Marvel license, they could get the 1/4 DC license but only distribute in other territories OUTSIDE of the US??

What do you all think? 1/5 good enough? 1/4 or pass? I'd be interested in hearing others thoughts on the matter.

For me, I prefer 1/4, BUT, I would be fine with 1/5. My thing is always about consistency. If it starts out at 1/5, it needs to stay 1/5. If it starts out full sculpt, it needs to stay full sculpted. So....let's hear it?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Nope. 1/6 or 1/4. Either way.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
wanderlai
The Tick

I wouldn't buy any 1/5th scale personally. I prefer 1/4 or larger.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

scale means nothing to me. i dont have a preferred scale. i own a vast range of statues in different scale. all the way from 1/12th to 1/2
as long as its a well executed piece and i desire it bad enough to want to lay down the cash for it. as long as its within my price range and can afford it that is.
but i would be ok with 1/5. after all the SW mythos line is 1/5th and i have a couple 1/5th customs as well.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #5
TheStig88
The X-Men

Would definitely prefer 1/4, but if they're as good as their Marvel offerings I'd consider them. SS is killing it with their DC line though, so they'd have to really knock it out of the park.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #6
A R E S
The Spirit

No, 1/4 or nothing.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
ambasah
Red Skull

I am ok with 1/5 IF they can distribute in NA. No way I would pay a premium for anything in that scale, regardless of how good it is.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #8
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

may i add. 1/5th scale dioramas with multiple characters. now that would be pretty cool.
but would still be too expensive for me due to the high shipping costs..lol
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I am ok with 1/5 IF they can distribute in NA. No way I would pay a premium for anything in that scale, regardless of how good it is.
I think a LOT of people would do this... XM 1/5 Marvel or DC fully sculpted, BUT distributed in North America at a competitive price to SSC... well that is ALL win.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
jhauser
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Adamantium Member

1/4 scale is my vote. To complement the 1/4 scale DC stuff Sideshow is putting out; fill the gaps from what DC 1/4 scale pieces Sideshow doesn't produce and to have alternative choices to Sideshow's DC 1/4 scale offerings.
jhauser is offline   Reply With Quote